Unity Magic Academy [v0.1.4.2] [WildPear Games]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

nonospot

May 15, 2020
I dont understand how do you find satisfying playing games on phones. Why not just play on pc
Android is not limited to phones. I play on tab' but there is a lot of chromebook devices out there, some smart tv too. You may be surprised by the number of guys using android on raspberry Pi and the like, not even counting some homebrew for the Switch. And don't you dare say it's a niche on this very website! No kink shaming!

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
I'll ask again because it's gonna happen, I'd like for it to happen : is an android fancy .apk in the making?
Currently, some game mechanics do not support touchscreen (for example, the use of magic). But we'll think about what we can do. Do you have any ideas how they could be changed?

please add fetishes like: footjob, pussyjob, thighjob, dominance etc...
Thanks, I'll write down these ideas.

the person was perfectly justified this IS set in the same universe as potter or are you trying to say alohamora and wingardium leviosa exist in other fantasy settings ???
Yes, you're right. The game takes place in the Harry Potter universe, but not in the same time period as in the books. We try to make our game match the universe and are ready to listen to your suggestions on what exactly you would like to see.

Reactions: gxdevterxvii

nonospot

May 15, 2020
Currently, some game mechanics do not support touchscreen (for example, the use of magic). But we'll think about what we can do. Do you have any ideas how they could be changed?
if you're talking about the arrow keys sequence I guess you could make a timer with the arrow key to press one by one and make it clickable instead of a timer with the full sequence directly? Some renpy games also does that (I think Sexnote has it when you need to clean the church?). I use joiplay for renpy's and this type of minigame can be completed either by touching the screen, using the virtual keyboard, virtual pad or a real pad in bluetooth. Not sure it would on a Unity game tho... (I don't remember on Paradise Lust, maybe for making the blends?)

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
if you're talking about the arrow keys sequence I guess you could make a timer with the arrow key to press one by one and make it clickable instead of a timer with the full sequence directly? Some renpy games also does that (I think Sexnote has it when you need to clean the church?). I use joiplay for renpy's and this type of minigame can be completed either by touching the screen, using the virtual keyboard, virtual pad or a real pad in bluetooth. Not sure it would on a Unity game tho... (I don't remember on Paradise Lust, maybe for making the blends?)
That's a great idea. Yes, I understood how to implement this - we will add "virtual" buttons to the screen in the interface for the android version. I can't tell you the exact dates, but we will try to do it in April.

nonospot

May 15, 2020
That's a great idea. Yes, I understood how to implement this - we will add "virtual" buttons to the screen in the interface for the android version. I can't tell you the exact dates, but we will try to do it in April.
That would be great! But by no means make it a priority at this point :you'll hear a lot of complains about content at some point, I think but far less about android port... But I do think it's a great way to widen your audience : I am quite surprised myself at how much of people nowadays don't own a PC, but only a phone and sometimes a game console. Also some look into ich.io for the apk...

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
That would be great! But by no means make it a priority at this point :you'll hear a lot of complains about content at some point, I think but far less about android port... But I do think it's a great way to widen your audience : I am quite surprised myself at how much of people nowadays don't own a PC, but only a phone and sometimes a game console. Also some look into ich.io for the apk...
Anyway, thanks for the idea. I will try to estimate the time costs and keep in mind that the Android port is in demand.

Can I only play if I pay the patreon?
You can play the public version freely. However, there is always a newer update on Patreon. When a new version is released on Patreon, we make the previous one public.

Reactions: nonospot

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
It has potencial, but gameplay is very boring, dialogues are quite long, grindy, art wise is very good but cant let go that mc is without a doubt inspired from Summertime Saga (i would advice make it your own creation), but i will check on this project in a few years, cause sadly we already have bad experience with harry potter type games.

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
It has potencial, but gameplay is very boring, dialogues are quite long, grindy, art wise is very good but cant let go that mc is without a doubt inspired from Summertime Saga (i would advice make it your own creation), but i will check on this project in a few years, cause sadly we already have bad experience with harry potter type games.
We will try our best. I think you know how difficult it is to develop games.
Any kind comments or advice help us to develop.
Yes, our artist used play a lot of Summertime Saga. The concept of mc was drawn a year ago, and then we just did not notice their similarity. We are currently working on a redesign of the main character.

Thank you for believing in our potential.
If you have any ideas or advice, we are ready to listen to them.

Reactions: exirock

Monsaic

Aug 5, 2018
Looks interesting. Yet...

- minigames feel too grindy too fast (maybe a quest to train house elves or other magic creatures by showing them - daily income with max storage limit)
- story is seemingly linear like go there click here go there
- dialogues also are feeling linear like question 1, question 2, question 3
- rather put learned content from dialogues into some kind of journal
- no fan of having to choose a version of a scene
- one more time slot (morning) would be nice
- sometimes could not find grace in the morning (day) in her room
- skippable dialogue missing
- MC kind of misses the right amount of horny
- hope to see more visitable spots within the locations
- not really a fan of the finish project button and not getting a visual "live" reward when repairing the mansion

Otherwise you are doing great. Keep improving your little treasure.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildPear

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Looks interesting. Yet...

- minigames feel too grindy too fast (maybe a quest to train house elves or other magic creatures by showing them - daily income with max storage limit)
- story is seemingly linear like go there click here go there
- dialogues also are feeling linear like question 1, question 2, question 3
- rather put learned content from dialogues into some kind of journal
- no fan of having to choose a version of a scene
- one more time slot (morning) would be nice
- sometimes could not find grace in the morning (day) in her room
- skippable dialogue missing
- MC kind of misses the right amount of horny
- hope to see more visitable spots within the locations
- not really a fan of the finish project button and not getting a visual "live" reward when repairing the mansion

Otherwise you are doing great. Keep improving your little treasure.
Thank you for your feedback - we are grateful to you for it.
- Yes, there are plans to automate the extraction of resources when we have the construction of the Academy. I am also currently developing another mini-game that can be an alternative.
- We will think about how to make the dialogues and the plot more nonlinear. Do you have any advice?
- We have received complaints about the tentacle scene. Because of this, we decided to make an alternative option. This is not planned anymore. Both scenes are available to you in Pensieve.
- Another time slot is another option for all backgrounds. We would like to add it, but to do this, all these backgrounds need to be drawn. Right now we have very limited resources and we want to focus on other content.
- I'll check why Grace doesn't show up in her room.
- Dialogs can be skipped if you have already seen this dialog and hold the Space button
- When you complete the renovation projects of the mansion, it changes visually
- Can you give examples of "MC kind of misses the right amount of horny"? I'll think about how to fix it.
- Gradually we will add more new locations - our artist, like me, has a full-time job and paints in his spare time. Right now we are limited by its performance.
- As a result, we would like to make the construction of your Academy, like in the games Prison Architect or Cookie Kingdom, where you could observe the students. But everything will depend on the support on Patreon. It's difficult to develop such a thing, but we can do it.

Monsaic

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for your feedback - we are grateful to you for it.
- Yes, there are plans to automate the extraction of resources when we have the construction of the Academy. I am also currently developing another mini-game that can be an alternative.
- We will think about how to make the dialogues and the plot more nonlinear. Do you have any advice?
- We have received complaints about the tentacle scene. Because of this, we decided to make an alternative option. This is not planned anymore. Both scenes are available to you in Pensieve.
- Another time slot is another option for all backgrounds. We would like to add it, but to do this, all these backgrounds need to be drawn. Right now we have very limited resources and we want to focus on other content.
- I'll check why Grace doesn't show up in her room.
- Dialogs can be skipped if you have already seen this dialog and hold the Space button
- When you complete the renovation projects of the mansion, it changes visually
- Can you give examples of "MC kind of misses the right amount of horny"? I'll think about how to fix it.
- Gradually we will add more new locations - our artist, like me, has a full-time job and paints in his spare time. Right now we are limited by its performance.
- As a result, we would like to make the construction of your Academy, like in the games Prison Architect or Cookie Kingdom, where you could observe the students. But everything will depend on the support on Patreon. It's difficult to develop such a thing, but we can do it.

heya,

- yeah or like leveling mines
- I'd say normally you get a more free feeling, when plotlines develop independent from each other. right now it feels like you have to talk to one character first before you can speak with another one. If you are free to choose the plotline you want, which is already possible in some way, and more plotlines pop up, the feeling might dissipate...
- who in their right mind would complain about tentacles/vines? ^^
- don't think there was a tutorial, so I only tried standard CTRL for skipping dialogue
- yeah I know it changes, but you actually had to spend 2 more clicks and "search" for the change... which kind of feels unrewarding
- MC gets visited in the first scene by a hot woman and is totally unfazed (no explanation or lore whatsoever), then sees the girl in the tavern (gets quite interested) and is kind of average (oh horny possibilities but ok composed) with the other 4 ladies (tentacles, lingerie, photos, flashing)... there seems to be no thoughts of exploiting a little bit. If he just wants to build the school - fine, but maybe then F95 is not the optimal platform :D
- all good with your time and funding, just giving feedback - things probably get ruined (slightly kidding) by patreons soon ^^
- personally I am no fan of the PA or CK approach, but you do you. I feel like the art could not fully shine in live calculating the positions of students. I'd rather see more complex getting locations which offer more kinky options or visuals (HoMM3-City-building-style :D

Best of luck

Reactions: WildPear

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
heya,

1. yeah or like leveling mines
2. I'd say normally you get a more free feeling, when plotlines develop independent from each other. right now it feels like you have to talk to one character first before you can speak with another one. If you are free to choose the plotline you want, which is already possible in some way, and more plotlines pop up, the feeling might dissipate...
3. who in their right mind would complain about tentacles/vines? ^^
4. don't think there was a tutorial, so I only tried standard CTRL for skipping dialogue
5. yeah I know it changes, but you actually had to spend 2 more clicks and "search" for the change... which kind of feels unrewarding
6. MC gets visited in the first scene by a hot woman and is totally unfazed (no explanation or lore whatsoever), then sees the girl in the tavern (gets quite interested) and is kind of average (oh horny possibilities but ok composed) with the other 4 ladies (tentacles, lingerie, photos, flashing)... there seems to be no thoughts of exploiting a little bit. If he just wants to build the school - fine, but maybe then F95 is not the optimal platform :D
7. all good with your time and funding, just giving feedback - things probably get ruined (slightly kidding) by patreons soon ^^
8. personally I am no fan of the PA or CK approach, but you do you. I feel like the art could not fully shine in live calculating the positions of students. I'd rather see more complex getting locations which offer more kinky options or visuals (HoMM3-City-building-style :D

Best of luck
Thanks for the answer

1. Yes, we are planning to add mines with goblins.
2. I understand you. Yes, the prologue was planned to be linear to introduce you to all the characters. In the future, the plot will not be so linear.
3. We didn't understand either, but we decided to add a variation scene.
4. I'll add a tutorial about it. And what is the standard combination?
5. hm. I think it will work better when the player builds the Academy himself, which we plan to do in the future.
6. We want to add more logic to what is happening. Also, we will make more branches in the dialogues so that the player can decide for himself how the character will behave.
8. We are still thinking about this mechanics. I will also write down your opinion.

Reactions: Monsaic
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes