Unity Magic Academy [v0.1.5.1] [WildPear Games]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

majorlink

Jan 26, 2018
fun game and not as grindy as most games out there please keep it this way because having to grind kills 98% of games. please keep anything trans away and femdom those dont belong in this game.

majorlink

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you, we are happy you enjoyed our game!

Thank you, we will keep striving to improve! Which characters felt just "okaish" to you? We are gathering feedback and periodically rework elements based on it.

We will definitely add futanari – anything is possible in the magical world! However, its priority will depend on the suggestions of our Patreon supporters.
will the trans stuff be skippable if it get added? because as my last post said i dont think it should be in the game at all

Tipple_nots

Dec 17, 2020
Will be watching this closely. But 2 things

1) Will there be a linux version? Recently moved all my pc's over and wanting to rebuild my game collection

2) in the absence of linux, I was playing on android - but facing a few issues
Game version 0.1.5.1(Accio) - bugged point "Spy - get out"
I captured Grace, did all the talking to Victoria and Tom. It says "I need to find her a room" and it's checked off despite never having that option when talking to Tom and "Deal with the spy" is still marked as incomplete.
I've gone in and checked with Victoria and Grace again just to see and no new options and I don't know what or where to go from here. "wait" and "sleep" are also both grayed out so just very unsure of what I missed or what to do
Screenshot_2024-06-24-21-46-12-055_com.WildPear.MagicAcademy.jpg Screenshot_2024-06-24-21-46-21-313_com.WildPear.MagicAcademy.jpg

Game performance on also leaves a lot to be desired on android - I have a snapdragon 680 with 12gb ram on android 14 and facing sub-20 fps and input lag when trying to deal with the minigames

Reactions: PassiveEnergy

Cappyman

Jan 30, 2024
Same problem with Grace where she was just soft locked at the chair questioning. Had to start a new save and I didn't talk to any other NPC beside mandatory quest steps and it worked that way

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Damn! Haven't checked the forums for a couple of days and people are already having issues.

I see someone already uploaded our latest Patreon build to the forums. Well, in any case, I'm glad you guys are giving our game a shot - thank you for all the feedback. And a special thanks to anyone who decided to support us on Patreon.

I'll try to answer everyone in detail.

Is it possible to start a new game at the end of the previous update? I cant play my old saves, it says "old version"
The new version features a heavily reworked quest system. Because of that, old saves are no longer supported, and you will have to start a new game.

i still wait Anal version...let save hehe
A new scene will be added in the next update.

Mac version?
We make the game on Unity, on this engine for the Mac version you need to have a Macbook with Xcode installed. Currently, our team does not have this device - in the future, when we have the opportunity to purchase it, we will definitely think about it.

don't work for me, game lauch and black screen :(
What version are you using and on what device?

fun game and not as grindy as most games out there please keep it this way because having to grind kills 98% of games. please keep anything trans away and femdom those dont belong in this game.
will the trans stuff be skippable if it get added? because as my last post said i dont think it should be in the game at all
Yes, such content will be completely optional and selectable right before the scene. And about the grind – our goal is to entertain, not to bore. Sometimes we don't get it right on the first try and we have to adjust the balance.

Will be watching this closely. But 2 things

1) Will there be a linux version? Recently moved all my pc's over and wanting to rebuild my game collection

2) in the absence of linux, I was playing on android - but facing a few issues
Game version 0.1.5.1(Accio) - bugged point "Spy - get out"
I captured Grace, did all the talking to Victoria and Tom. It says "I need to find her a room" and it's checked off despite never having that option when talking to Tom and "Deal with the spy" is still marked as incomplete.
I've gone in and checked with Victoria and Grace again just to see and no new options and I don't know what or where to go from here. "wait" and "sleep" are also both grayed out so just very unsure of what I missed or what to do

Game performance on also leaves a lot to be desired on android - I have a snapdragon 680 with 12gb ram on android 14 and facing sub-20 fps and input lag when trying to deal with the minigames
I'll look into building for Linux. Unfortunately, I don't have any devices running that OS myself and won't be able to test it. As for minigame performance, that's very strange. I'll look into it when I'm done with the current update.

Same problem with Grace where she was just soft locked at the chair questioning. Had to start a new save and I didn't talk to any other NPC beside mandatory quest steps and it worked that way
An unexpected problem. If you played version 0.1.5.1 - I checked this quest several times. Can someone repeat this step by step? Perhaps you saved and loaded during dialogues?

makes little sense you still have to do QTE for gallery viewing, why not just show the scenes without any dialgues
We simply... didn't think of that. Right now, the Pensieve simply replays the same scene. I'll add disabling QTEs to the task list.

olivier370

May 27, 2017
Je vais suivre ça de près. Mais deux choses

1) Y aura-t-il une version Linux ? J'ai récemment déménagé tous mes PC et je souhaite reconstruire ma collection de jeux.

2) en l'absence de Linux, je jouais sur Android - mais je faisais face à quelques problèmes
Version du jeu 0.1.5.1(Accio) - point buggé "Spy - sortez"
J'ai capturé Grace, j'ai parlé à Victoria et Tom. Il dit "Je dois lui trouver une chambre" et il est coché même si je n'ai jamais eu cette option lorsque je parle à Tom et "Deal with the spy" est toujours marqué comme incomplet.
Je suis allé vérifier à nouveau avec Victoria et Grace juste pour voir et aucune nouvelle option et je ne sais pas quoi faire ni où aller à partir de là. « Attendre » et « Dormir » sont également tous deux grisés, donc je ne sais pas trop ce que j'ai raté ou quoi faire
View attachment 3767814 View attachment 3767817

Les performances du jeu laissent également beaucoup à désirer sur Android - j'ai un Snapdragon 680 avec 12 Go de RAM sur Android 14 et je suis confronté à moins de 20 ips et à un décalage d'entrée lorsque j'essaie de gérer les mini -jeux.
j'ai le même bug. Grace est sur la chaise, je dois faire un deal mais je ne vois pas comment faire.

voici ma sauvegarde avec le bug si cela peut aider

Last edited:

solatribe

Oct 17, 2017
Damn! Haven't checked the forums for a couple of days and people are already having issues.

I see someone already uploaded our latest Patreon build to the forums. Well, in any case, I'm glad you guys are giving our game a shot - thank you for all the feedback. And a special thanks to anyone who decided to support us on Patreon.

The new version features a heavily reworked quest system. Because of that, old saves are no longer supported, and you will have to start a new game.

We make the game on Unity, on this engine for the Mac version you need to have a Macbook with Xcode installed. Currently, our team does not have this device - in the future, when we have the opportunity to purchase it, we will definitely think about it.

Yes, such content will be completely optional and selectable right before the scene. And about the grind – our goal is to entertain, not to bore. Sometimes we don't get it right on the first try and we have to adjust the balance.

I'll look into building for Linux. Unfortunately, I don't have any devices running that OS myself and won't be able to test it. As for minigame performance, that's very strange. I'll look into it when I'm done with the current update.

An unexpected problem. If you played version 0.1.5.1 - I checked this quest several times. Can someone repeat this step by step? Perhaps you saved and loaded during dialogues?

We simply... didn't think of that. Right now, the Pensieve simply replays the same scene. I'll add disabling QTEs to the task list.
For the blackscreen, I download the game again and it work ! Thanks :)

Reactions: WildPear

majorlink

Jan 26, 2018

i think the grind right now is ok but maybe in a few updates maybe one or more of the girls could help out with you get materials and give some kind of boost for helping. after all they are teaching at the school so they could help you out and maybe you could add some scenes from them for helping you ;)

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
j'ai le même bug. Grace est sur la chaise, je dois faire un deal mais je ne vois pas comment faire.

voici ma sauvegarde avec le bug si cela peut aider
Thank you, I'll definitely look into it!

i think the grind right now is ok but maybe in a few updates maybe one or more of the girls could help out with you get materials and give some kind of boost for helping. after all they are teaching at the school so they could help you out and maybe you could add some scenes from them for helping you
Instead of the girls, the students will be the ones helping you.:cool: Remember how Hogwarts would send misbehaving students into the Forbidden Forest? o_O Similarly, we'll be able to take students with us on "Journey" mode or send them to gather resources. We're still working out the details of implementation, though.

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
I've looked at olivier370's save file. It seems that a required task within the "Spy - get out" quest chain, which involves talking to Grace, wasn't issued. This task is supposed to be given upon completing "I need to find her a room." I simply don't understand how it's possible to complete the latter without getting the former. Can anyone shed some light on how to reproduce this? Perhaps saving and then loading somewhere inside Grace's room or afterwards?

olivier370

May 27, 2017
J'ai trouvé le bug : il suffit de reprendre mes sauvegardes automatiques la plus ancienne. si une fois grâce à capturée dans le bureau, je lui parle et lui demande un deal alors cela bloque l'accès à la chambre

je ne sais pas si j'ai été assez clair

Cappyman

Jan 30, 2024
I've looked at olivier370's save file. It seems that a required task within the "Spy - get out" quest chain, which involves talking to Grace, wasn't issued. This task is supposed to be given upon completing "I need to find her a room." I simply don't understand how it's possible to complete the latter without getting the former. Can anyone shed some light on how to reproduce this? Perhaps saving and then loading somewhere inside Grace's room or afterwards?
When it bugged out for me, before talking to Grace I had gone through all the optional dialog with other NPCs before talking to grace at all then I got soft locked. Avoiding talking to others seemed to work on a new save so maybe some other NPC is messing it up

Tipple_nots

Dec 17, 2020
When it bugged out for me, before talking to Grace I had gone through all the optional dialog with other NPCs before talking to grace at all then I got soft locked. Avoiding talking to others seemed to work on a new save so maybe some other NPC is messing it up
This is what happened to me on android as well. I had talked to Victoria before talking to Grace, talked to Grace, saw the quest log, talked to Tom and got softlocked. Didn't get any talk options about grace with Tom - didn't get any new dialog with Grace, nothing.

By all means don't go out of your way for one person's request. But with how windows has been handling itself lately it is something I do wish devs would look at more, especially with things such as the steam-deck really cementing itself the last few years. That being said, I don't know how viable this solution is as I don't know your toolkit and workflow but the Windows subsystem for Linux is fairly powerful in what it can do these days. Essentially can run full blown linux (Opensuse, Ubuntu and Fedora iirc) minus the desktop - pure CLI which is fine for just writing and compiling the code. Else I can manage with just android. There might be jank ways of getting it running through wine/proton but thats beyond what I could ever care to manage

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
This is what happened to me on android as well. I had talked to Victoria before talking to Grace, talked to Grace, saw the quest log, talked to Tom and got softlocked. Didn't get any talk options about grace with Tom - didn't get any new dialog with Grace, nothing.
Let's try to define it step by step.
Grace's quest should go through the following stages. Can you indicate at what stages you did something else and what exactly?
  1. You apply "Stupefy" to Grace in the courtyard
  2. She sits in your office. You can talk to her and Victoria
  3. During the conversation with Grace, there are 3 dialogue options, you need to talk about all of them - after that, a new conversation with Victoria will become available
  4. After talking to Victoria, she will offer to find Grace's room at the inn
  5. Upon entering the inn, an automatic scene is triggered where Victoria talks to Tom while we walk down the hallway to the rooms
  6. There are 3 doors in the hallway - two with just dialogue and one with a scene with a red-haired girl
  7. After we look into all three doors, a magical game is triggered to unlock the fourth room
  8. We enter Grace's room, where there are 3 active items
  9. After interacting with the board and the suitcase, we are automatically transferred to the office
  10. In the office, interacting with Grace triggers a dialogue with options to "persuade" and "threaten"

By all means don't go out of your way for one person's request. But with how windows has been handling itself lately it is something I do wish devs would look at more, especially with things such as the steam-deck really cementing itself the last few years. That being said, I don't know how viable this solution is as I don't know your toolkit and workflow but the Windows subsystem for Linux is fairly powerful in what it can do these days. Essentially can run full blown linux (Opensuse, Ubuntu and Fedora iirc) minus the desktop - pure CLI which is fine for just writing and compiling the code. Else I can manage with just android. There might be jank ways of getting it running through wine/proton but thats beyond what I could ever care to manage
Thanks. I've set myself a task and will explore the engine's capabilities in this direction.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes