Unity Magic Academy [v0.2.3] [WildPear Games]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Habish

Mar 6, 2021
The new update couldn’t fix the old safes for me
Old saves won't work ... quests have been reworked so it's necessary to start all over again :whistle: ( Dev at least promised to try and not let this happen in the future )

If you scroll up a bit you'll find some cheat codes that you can use

Last edited:

Habish

Mar 6, 2021
Wow! That's a great idea, and it just never occurred to me. I'll add it to the to-do list.

Аnd your other feedback is very detailed and helpful - thank you!
Yay your welcome, glad it was of some help!

I'm still waiting for mobile release which I undersand will take some time :p In the meantime I'll try to find you some good games to reference, have a nice day!

Aloofis

Jul 12, 2024
It won't give me missions or quests and no new dialog. I know I am not at the end of the game because I just started but I am soft locked or something

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
It won't give me missions or quests and no new dialog. I know I am not at the end of the game because I just started but I am soft locked or something
That sounds unusual. Go to the Memory Well in the main menu - do you have all the characters unlocked? Are all their scenes unlocked?

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Not a spelling mistake per say but this line makes no sense, there are entire organizations in the Harry Potter world that deal with curses, hex's, and demonic entities. Saint Mungo's has a hospital wing devoted to curses and Curse Breaker is an official job title from the ministry of magic for employees who's whole job it is to break and document curses.

curses.PNG

Last edited:

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Not a spelling mistake per say but this line makes no sense, there are entire organizations in the Harry Potter world that deal with curses, hex's, and demonic entities. Saint Mungo's has a hospital wing devoted to curses and Curse Breaker is an official job title from the minister of magic for employees who's whole job it is to break and document curses.
Oh! Thank you for your comment. When you have to write so much text - sometimes details are missed.
In this place it's just a figure of speech, but we'll fix it to be more lore-friendly.

Reactions: Knight

Habish

Mar 6, 2021
I'm having the same problem
Are you stuck at the part where you interogate reporter?

I know I was the first time I played... There is no way to get 'unstuck' other than restarting from new game - and follow the steps in the book untill you pass the reporter scene so you don't get stuck again :p

If it's some other part idk ...

Reactions: WildPear

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Are you stuck at the part where you interogate reporter?

I know I was the first time I played... There is no way to get 'unstuck' other than restarting from new game - and follow the steps in the book untill you pass the reporter scene so you don't get stuck again :p

If it's some other part idk ...
Or try loading a save before catching Grace (there are Autosaves in the tab with the letter A)

dan Murphy

May 1, 2017
Yes, because the fullscreen checkbox is not checked, it accepts it every time you close the settings. I'll make a note of the current window state for the next patch.

Wow! That's a great idea, and it just never occurred to me. I'll add it to the to-do list.

Аnd your other feedback is very detailed and helpful - thank you!
I've made a note to myself:
  • About the energy. I've been thinking about rewarding the player for long chains for a long time, and energy is a great solution. The player won't have to spend their turns on a separate match, and longer chains will reward them with extra turns.
  • About generator tweaks. We're currently using a smoothed random distribution - it tries to generate all pieces evenly, but still randomly. Removing the energy pieces would make it more likely to drop useful ones, but I'll try to make time to explore other algorithms.
  • About quest markers - we will show active tasks in the list on the left, and in the journal we will make separate checkboxes to disable specific quests. I would be grateful if you could show me some references where you think this is done well.
  • We'll think about implementing markers on the map that would indicate that something has changed in the location.

Yes. He's about our game. In the new update (which is 0.2) there's a new mode with world generation and battles.
It would be cool if you find the time to play it and come up with more cool ideas.

Right now there's a cheat for resources in the game:
  1. start/load the game
  2. press Esc to open the menu,
  3. hold down LMB at the top of the pen lying to the right of the menu
  4. drag the cursor to the very bottom without going over the edges
  5. release button
How do you do this? don't know where exactly to start or finish

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
How do you do this? don't know where exactly to start or finish
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Oh, you mean the cheat? You need to open the game menu, on the right side of it there will be a "pen", hover the cursor over its top, hold down LMB and drag to the very bottom of the "pen" and then release.

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes