halluva

May 18, 2017
I swear 90% of the confusion of this game comes from the terrible hit detection and overall way you're meant to interact with objects. For example, after looking at the guide that FirstForm graciously posted above, I learned that I had to give the root to Amastra. Except I had already done that. I had tried dragging the root on her, but she always just gave the usual "wind" response when you give her something she doesn't want. I kept stubbornly trying the same thing until eventually it just worked. I guess there was a specific part of her that I had to drag it to. Never mind the fact that the game really gives you 0 clues that would indicate that you should do this.

Another example is with making the lemonade. You can't pick up the pile of sugar to add to your cup of lemon juice (implying to me that that's not the solution to the puzzle). No, instead you need to pour your lemon juice onto the pile of sugar which is *obviously* the more logical way to obtain a cup of lemonade.

Moon logic puzzles that largely come down to trying random shit until something happens and technical systems that only sometimes work do not make a good combination. What's especially frustrating is that it feels like a lot of it could be fixed with just a few minor tweaks. Have characters mention in dialog some sort of clue as to what you need to do next, and give clearer/more consistent feedback when an action is performed.

Reactions: FirstForm