Others Completed Magic Matchup [Final] [HentaiWriter]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Clever as they can be, I can't stand having to try and make a pixel perfect jump.Pixel perfect jumping in a platformer isn't fun.
I agree, which is why we didn't put anything close to pixel perfect jumps in that demo :p

That's why I'm really curious where you experienced things like that; if you have the time, could you screenshot some of the areas you experienced this in?

You can press F12 in game to make a screenshot automatically and save it somewhere, etc.

My guess is that if you were playing with a controller, it might not be one that works well with that build as some don't (the full game will have full compatibility with all controllers) and thus you're experiencing a problem some have where Talia will stutter when moving or won't be able to do jumps while moving well.

And really it isn't even the platforming that gets me with FF. The game just isn't that fun...
That of course is fine, the game isn't for everyone; we definitely want to (and in our opinion have) improve on the gameplay since the Electric Level demo, getting rid of a lot of the stop/start gameplay by letting you press Up to talk to NPCs instead of cutscenes happening automatically, lots more combat options and aggressive, intelligent enemies, way more things to do in levels and unlocks and such and many other changes/improvements, most of which is in current builds.

Regardless of all that though, it's totally fine if you don't like it; that's why we do a variety of games and game types :D

But yeah, if you do have a few minutes someday and want to do us a favor, we'd really appreciate if you did screencap any areas you had to do pixel perfect platforming on so we can identify the problem (as there shouldn't be anything close to that in that demo)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Violet5100 Just re-checked in on this topic and was curious if you'd still wanna help us out by screencapping any problem areas you found by pressing F12, maybe we could help out where you were having troubles etc. :)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes