VN Ren'Py Completed Magical Diary: Wolf Hall [v1.0.12] [Hanako Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sigvil

Oct 3, 2017
Please, I’m just praying to one of you. I live in a provincial city of Russia, the price that is required for playing incentive is a real blow to my wallet. But she reminds me so much of Harry Potter and of my childhood, that I'm just crazy about wanting to play the release version.

warbob5000

Jul 3, 2017
That's the IGG version, unfortunately. Works fine, but contains their usual ad dll injection stuff.

warbob5000

Jul 3, 2017
What's that?
IGG sometimes patches games so that they require a couple of files advertising IGG next to the exe. If you delete those files it just creates them again when you start the game. They do this by loading an extra DLL (in this case, in Magical Diary Wolf Hall\lib\windows-i686\<removed>.dll). There's no easy way to tell what else the DLL is doing. (Edit: the DLL is named after the website, which gets turned into "<removed>" here, so you can see f95's attitude towards them...)
IGG has also done other shady stuff, like getting Good Old Downloads shut down. Generally they're seen as pretty scummy, though they also tend to be the first to have new releases of less popular games like this, so people still keep using them.

From what I can tell, just replacing the exe with one from another renpy game should work fine.

Reactions: AgentWhackjob

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
i scanned it with malwarebytes pro version. results came out with no infection or malware. just informing

Reactions: sonhot

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
As a ren'py game, you're limited to whatever python functions are used by the dev, or by just writing a .rpy file yourself with the functions you need. If you put that .rpy file anywhere in the folder or any subfolders, you can access those functions by calling them in the console.

I wrote some simple ones for maxing out my stats, refreshing stress and learning spells.
You can view and edit .rpy with any simple text editor like Notepad++ if you want to add more.

Hanako's own commands are things like:
To increase your stats by x, it's: gain_white(x). Replace white with other colours or smart/strong where needed.
To set your personality, it's: flirty/lazy/scheming/sporty = x. Speaks for itself. Usually it just checks which is the highest to determine response types.
To learn spells, it's a bit weirder. The only way I've managed without crashing is to learn them in order that the game uses whenever you take a class. The command is: player.known_spells.append(wolfhall.all_spells[learnt_cutscene('white', wolfhall.white_spells, wolfhall.mixed_white_spells)). Replace the bold "white"s with whatever colour you're going for.

My own cheats are simply:
no_stress(). Speaks for itself
max_all(). Maxes all of your magic stats as well as smart and strong
learn_all(). Learns all spells that you could learn with your current stats.
full_cheat(). Combines the above three in order.
For anyone who wonders what command to increase money: gain_money(X)

C17H19NO3

Oct 8, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.
TypeError: vars() argument must have __dict__ attribute

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/user/Downloads/Magical.Diary.Wolf.Hall.v1.0.12/Magical Diary Wolf Hall/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/user/Downloads/Magical.Diary.Wolf.Hall.v1.0.12/Magical Diary Wolf Hall/renpy/main.py", line 403, in main
renpy.persistent.update()
File "/home/user/Downloads/Magical.Diary.Wolf.Hall.v1.0.12/Magical Diary Wolf Hall/renpy/persistent.py", line 364, in update
need_save = find_changes()
File "/home/user/Downloads/Magical.Diary.Wolf.Hall.v1.0.12/Magical Diary Wolf Hall/renpy/persistent.py", line 172, in find_changes
if not (new == old):
File "/home/user/Downloads/Magical.Diary.Wolf.Hall.v1.0.12/Magical Diary Wolf Hall/renpy/preferences.py", line 234, in __eq__
return vars(self) == vars(other)
TypeError: vars() argument must have __dict__ attribute

Linux-5.4.0-0.bpo.3-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-10.3
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2
Why am I not surprised.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Avast (antivirus) hates this game and claims that the exe file has a virus called "idp generic".

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote