VN Ren'Py Completed Maid Mansion [v1.0.4+DLC] [Crazy Cactus, Belgerum]

4.00 star(s) 13 Votes

WhatTheHekc

May 22, 2020
I didn't get a virus warning when I scanned the files but all the reports of them got me sketched out. Gonna hold off on dl'ing it till there a bit more evidence it's good.

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
I wrote a small guide with more info on each ending . I hope it's ok to post here

Ending 1 - Bad End - MC dealt with
Ending 2 - Bad End - Takako arrested
Ending 3 - Bad End - Narumi arrested
Ending 4 - Bad End - Takako: Shadows Die Twice
Ending 5 - Bad End - Narumi smokes you
Ending 6 - Bad End - Narumi quits
Ending 7 - Normal End - No more complicated situations
Ending 8 - Bad End - Umeko tells on Takako
Ending 9 - Character End - Narumi
Ending 10 - Character End - Takako
Ending 11 - Bad End - Umeko
Ending 12 - Character End - Umeko
Ending 13 - Bad End - Misaki
Ending 14 - Character End - Misaki
Ending 15 - Bad End - Reiko
Ending 16 - Character End - Reiko
Ending 17 - Bad End - Kaori
Ending 18 - Character End - Kaori
Ending 19 - Bad End - Pa Zong
Ending 20 - Character End - Pa Zong
Ending 21 - Character End - Sarana (Evil)
Ending 22 - Character End - Sarana (Good)

P.S. Great game :)

Last edited:

Malam

Nov 30, 2016
I hope someone updates the final mac version. I tried converting via Renpy but it wouldn't work.

TimeWalker

Jul 2, 2017
I don't plan to have as many endings for the next game. I also will have a smaller cast. Also, voice acting can get super expensive and can get out of control, and the stretch goal for even partial voice acting wasn't met at all. So yeah, it wasn't in the budget.

Maid Mansion's cast got very large because of the many higher backing pledges on Kickstarter (which I'm grateful for).

So while people say "Why didn't they just get rid of these maids?" or "Why do Pa Zong and Sarana have a more straightforward storyline?" it's for that reason. The rest of the backer maids were either bit parts with 1 h-scene, or cameo maids.

Next project I'm aiming to include:
--partial voice acting (for the CG scenes)
--test/experiment with animated CG scenes (not all of them, but maybe 1-2 for each for players to try and "unlock")
--fewer endings (currently planning for 7 good endings, 6 bad endings, no neutral endings next time)
--smaller cast (currently at 8, not including MC, with 5 as more main characters, 3 with more of a support role)
--characters developed more (flesh out backgrounds, get to "know them" more, etc...)
--prop style system for finding items needed for story parts, including items to use in an animated scene

Right now, with the success of this game so far, I'll be able to focus on a cast that's entirely mine, and I hope to use the time to write the story myself. *crosses fingers*

As for the best ending, it's the one you most enjoy. I'm partial to Ending 16, but that's because I love milfs...
to be true to my heart, your game could be in my top 10 of eroge VN i enjoyed that release on steam... but, when you limited the choice you can make to save Pa Zong really kill my mood. i don't need another scenes with her... i just need some twist so she don't leave because i let miseki vs reiko stay. that is non-sense. but the whole concept of differene stories for difference approach is cool. still $20 aud for game is tought specially i'm not fully satisfied yet...i'm not sure if i should put a thumb down or thumb up on steam review.

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
I wrote a small guide with more info on each ending . I hope it's ok to post here

Thank you for this. All endings should've been named like this from the beginning, this is much better for people like me, who only interested in normal/good endings.

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
Honestly surprised only the window version is still here when on itch.io you can easily download all 4 versions, and it even comes with a Steam key, too. I could also note that the itch.io versions have a slightly-expanded ending 16, with a breastfeeding scene that our publisher wasn't sure Steam would allow on the platform.

Reactions: Gen Urobuchi

vultron

May 19, 2018
I find this games logic at the start to be weird idk why mc thinks he has no choice but to manage the estate he could easily say fuck off and just go get some other job. lol

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
I find this games logic at the start to be weird idk why mc thinks he has no choice but to manage the estate he could easily say fuck off and just go get some other job. lol
Then again, what straight man in his right mind would refuse the chance to own a mansion with a personal harem of sexy maids?

crazycactusent

Aug 2, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! About the bust sizes though, I already have all my sprites for the next game completed, and they're all fairly busty (I'm a boob man, what can I say)... As mentioned before, the next game will have fewer endings - two of the happy endings you'll end up with two women, one of them with three. I know that people want a full-blown harem ending, and it still may be "in the cards," but I would need a way for it to somehow make sense.

I'd still like to include some pretty serious bad endings, but more of these "bad endings" this time around will more or less end up with the MC ending up with a terrible fate. From what I've outlined, about 4/6 bad ends are bad only for the priest.

The thing with Shingen is that it really only applies to Narumi orally and Takako a little bit more, but I get your point.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Posted a review already, but I just wanted to say the quality of writing in this was way above what I expected. I went from typical new-game skepticism to having some pretty solid respect for the script's artistic delivery very early on in the prologue. The little bits like how the MC honors his grandpa by just working more... but sees that sentiment forced upon his company's workers and resents its callousness even as he lives out the same knee-jerk social reaction. The soft mix of melancholic almost self-deprecating appreciation and resentment he harbors to a man who gave him the job he benefits from, but never asked and never made time for him... I dunno. All the details are hard to write out, but they come together really well.

I bought the game on Steam after seeing this thread, so that's at least some benefit from the exposure here.

Last edited:

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
No, there is not a harem ending in Maid Mansion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really like, how you decided to avoid harem. I'd rather have great endings for each girl(like #16), than half assed harem.

So glad I randomly stumbled on Maid Mansion, while browsing steam. Decided to download it here coz thought it was another cash grab, but after finishing 1st ending I decided to buy it on steam.

Really looking forward to your next project, hopefully it will end up even better than Maid Mansion and have longer routes.

SINtax EroRR

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017

Thanks a bunch dude, You've saved me a LOT of time. I was already halfway through the endings and was pretty tired of Bad Ends XD

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
Wait... so...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've enjoyed the story otherwise though. I've only managed to get endings 1-4, 8, 11, and 19 so far but eventually I'll get a character end I hope. (Except for Kaori's?, don't wanna get cucked).

I wish more games had political intrigue in them. It gets boring just reading dialogue between generic mc's and generic heroines over and over.

MrBlue42

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly surprised only the window version is still here when on itch.io you can easily download all 4 versions, and it even comes with a Steam key, too. I could also note that the itch.io versions have a slightly-expanded ending 16, with a breastfeeding scene that our publisher wasn't sure Steam would allow on the platform.
Wait, so if I played this on Steam, I missed a scene? Does the version posted here have that scene?

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
Wait, so if I played this on Steam, I missed a scene? Does the version posted here have that scene?
No, there’s just an alternate version of the final CG with extra titties and a few extra lines of dialogue to reflect it.

4.00 star(s) 13 Votes