Mod Ren'Py Maid to Please [v0.14.4] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Oct 30, 2019
Also sick of reading I am guessing, the fuck do you want the MODDER to do about a game he is NOT making.
I'm sick of double checking which thread I'm posting to!

Idk what's my game plan here. do I just copy paste it to the the right place now? that feels just kinda lame.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Copy paste and delete this one, there is no point bitching about part of the game to a modder.

• Hey there
Reactions: Nicke

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.13.3)

Early update release for the dev's supporters.
(Publicly available soon)
1705679318978.png 1705679347820.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
SanchoMod Update (v0.13.3)

Early update release for the dev's supporters.
(Publicly available soon)
View attachment 3277281 View attachment 3277282
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
thank you for the update Sancho~ :LOL:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Chris looks sooooooooooooooooo cute in that cat outfit. Anyways, caught up with the Dev, and again, your mod worked great for me. Thank you so very much for doing this!!!

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Chris is adorable. But, I'm not sure if it's just me being dumb again, but I can't find her in the cheat screen to change stats.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Chris is adorable. But, I'm not sure if it's just me being dumb again, but I can't find her in the cheat screen to change stats.
I haven't placed her single Relp point in yet.... she only has one available that you could have previously chosen to be "Affectionate" or "Submissive". v0.13.3 simply checks which of those two you have as there are two variants of the "shopping" event in the current version. She'll get a cheat soon, but since you only have a single point to utilize, it's a tad early imho.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Right, thanks for the explanation (and the awesome mods, of course!). Since I missed a scene variant shopping clothes with her I wondered, but I'll live and see it another day. :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Right, thanks for the explanation (and the awesome mods, of course!). Since I missed a scene variant shopping clothes with her I wondered, but I'll live and see it another day. :)
For reference, the (currently) only Aff/Sub point available for Chris is in the v0.9.3 update choice here:
1705751960800.png
Given that (to date) I felt that the Player made the choice of how they wanted that particular relationship to initiate, so a cheat was not yet needed for v0.13.3's "shopping" event variant... the Player already chose whether to be "loving" or "dominant" with Chris, ain't it?

If you really want to see the variant, you can load a save before the above choice via Load page 69, slot 5... the v0.9.3 mod's AutoSave should be there for you... until I make a proper cheat for Chris (maybe next update).

Reactions: Jarulf

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
If you really want to see the variant, you can load a save before the above choice via Load page 69, slot 5... the v0.9.3 mod's AutoSave should be there for you... until I make a proper cheat for Chris (maybe next update).
Perfectly reasonable reasoning there :)
I may actually do that, thanks for the tip.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 is there an android port with your mod included? Koga3 has an android port but your mod is not compatible with it.
Not with the mod's Core v7+. Android does not process API's so currently it's Win/Mac/Linux, including handheld devices that run on those or 100% emulate them such as Steam Deck, ROG Ally, etc. Gooogle refuses over the years to implement the ability to utilize API's and other advanced graphical and processing standards, they are way behind the curve, to the point of being one of the lowest tier OS's available on the market to date (inferior). Even AMD/Nvidia recognize this as an issue tbh. Samsung is about the only major player hanging in there with 'em.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 ah, ok. Cheers anyway dude
Regards. The only way I can currently make it fully compatible is to either strip out features or figure out a way to dumb them down so external RenPy API's aren't required... but that's the opposite of evolution tbh. Puts me in a tough spot. Regardless, thanks for not going ballistic thinking I'm a "phone hater" as others have... it's not about that at all.

Reactions: Ghostlestat82

RhazzesDarkk

Oct 18, 2020
I wish the mod wouldn't mess with already existing hotkeys.
Everytime i start the VN i have to toggle the screenshot key option again,
wich is not a big deal but even toggled and screenshots with "s" are possible again,
it doesn't work with the interface hidden. Not sure if its the mod or the VN though.

Also, is this the Mod or the VN?
Everytime i load a save, i cant rollback before that scene, never had this before in Renpy.

Last edited:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
That's a VN thing, a dev choice to be specific.
I was taught rolling back after loading a save can cause issues with variables in some situations. Since I don't know how to code I just took the advice and disabled it!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was taught rolling back after loading a save can cause issues with variables in some situations. Since I don't know how to code I just took the advice and disabled it!
A quick lesson regarding rollback (and a link to get you deeper down the rabbit hole if you wish):

Nothing in your VN (the way you use variables) will break. is a quick official summary of what Python items that do not participate in rollback. Basically (for most VN cases) unless you have a dictionary or list that inherits it's attributes from other dictionaries/lists then you'll be fine. This is usually found in way more sophisticated Python function coding, a subset that is not in use by you (to date).

Bottom line: I have rollback for your VN set On in all my test builds and have never had a single issue... because you are only using integer and boolean variables anyway in your code (you are using calls instead of jumps but RenPy knows how to handle these during its rollback), you are not using custom advanced Python functions. I use many custom Python functions in the mod but write them in a way that rollback isn't a problem (so that I'm not introducing issues into a VN I mod on).

Make a bit more sense now bud? You can leave it as is (if you want) or remove it... the VN will work just fine either way. It's your call really.

Reactions: Porthas
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes