hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Never seen a game on here that's just a straight exe download rather than a zip. I'm not very tech savvy but isn't that a little more dangerous than downloading a zip, cause you can usually check it before you extract it?
There's upsides and downsides to doing it either way.

This .exe is a self-extracting archive created by the RPG Maker VX Ace engine. It might throw a false positive on virus checks because it's an unrecognized .exe or cause people (like yourself) to question its legitimacy, but aside from that, it's actually more secure because it's much harder to get code into the archive that isn't the game itself.

Using another archive type like .rar or .zip is more widely trusted and lets you preview the files before extracting, but it's as simple as right-clicking to add things to the archive that aren't supposed to be there.

I'll leave it to you to use your best judgment, but speaking as the dev, I can promise that I'm not trying to give you anything except the game.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks for the update, but I have a few questions.

1. Any clues to trophy 13? I got 14 and 15 but cannot figure out 13.
2. If you free the captive in the attic during negotiations, is there a way to speak to her afterwards?
3. This may be included in the "Known Issues", but in the quest tracker, but it says to free the captive (did that already) and see if the village needs any help (did all that, besides the priestess, but we say we will come back later).
4. I did not test this yet, but with the new hold deed (Damp writ), is it possible to access a hold in the swamp then?

Edit:
5. Got a division by 0 error when fighting the gargoyles.
6. In the long run, how much will it matter if we fight her or make a deal with her? Do not need details, but how much will it really matter (does beating her lead to the MC being more dom with her?)?

Thanks

Last edited:

KuroJr

Feb 17, 2018
can anyone share game folder after installing exe, want to see if joiplay can run it, if u already know plz tell me if itll work or not.
thanks

Reactions: Artnerd

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
I was looking for how the shop updates and from what I read someone said it was based on story progress which I find to be kind of lame. Is it possible to have an in-game clock where it goes off once every hour or so? Like I know new items need to be unlocked but for the investment thing, you have to wait for the story to happen feel's kinda weak.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the update, but I have a few questions.

1. Any clues to trophy 13? I got 14 and 15 but cannot figure out 13.
2. If you free the captive in the attic during negotiations, is there a way to speak to her afterwards?
3. This may be included in the "Known Issues", but in the quest tracker, but it says to free the captive (did that already) and see if the village needs any help (did all that, besides the priestess, but we say we will come back later).
4. I did not test this yet, but with the new hold deed (Damp writ), is it possible to access a hold in the swamp then?

Edit:
5. Got a division by 0 error when fighting the gargoyles.
6. In the long run, how much will it matter if we fight her or make a deal with her? Do not need details, but how much will it really matter (does beating her lead to the MC being more dom with her?)?

Thanks
1. Trophy 13 is a present you get during the Freeze. It's missable if you don't get Quinn before that section of the story, but there'll be more opportunities to get it in future versions. For a clue, each Maid has a "secondary objective" (like taking one Maid to chat with another) that usually has a longer conversation to let you know you've triggered it.
2. Not currently. She does go somewhere, but I haven't added her to the game yet. That'll be in one of the v0.6.x updates.
3. The quest tracking didn't get as updated as it really needed to be. It should be much better in v0.6.1. So yes, it's "known issues" related, but I appreciate you mentioning it anyway. Though you shouldn't be seeing the "free the captive" objective if you freed her, I'll have to check on that.
4. Yes. Coming in v0.6.1 (which will hopefully be out to supporters next weekend).
5. Sorry about that. That happens when two instances of my enemy collision triggers at the same time. I'll have to move them around a bit more to see if I can reduce the chances of that happening.
6. Fighting the gargoyles only matters in the short term. That final scene still happens more or less the same way, but the way it ends can be different. You're working towards the ending for this whole section of the game, so it felt wrong of me to let you make or break the whole thing based on one choice at the end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can we get a trophy list so I know what I need to do for 100%. Thanks.
Added to the .

WTF? It means he just joking about transfer game to RPG MV? "Censored Words" Dev.... "Censored Words" Him...
Yes, the MV version was an April Fool's Day prank. I intend to port the game to MZ once I have access to it. If you want to see that happen, I'd appreciate it if you so I can afford a copy of the newer engine.

Sorry problem solved: I extracted it on the desk ...
Sorry for the trouble. I've actually never seen or had that happen before. I'm glad you were able to get it figured out!

I was looking for how the shop updates and from what I read someone said it was based on story progress which I find to be kind of lame. Is it possible to have an in-game clock where it goes off once every hour or so? Like I know new items need to be unlocked but for the investment thing, you have to wait for the story to happen feel's kinda weak.
Noted. To answer your implied question, yes, the shop updates every time you reach a new threshold in the main story. If you need supplies between those points, there are a few traders that exist for things like potions and ethers, there are supplies hidden around, and new gear is typically found in the world before it becomes available in the shop.

There are going to be some changes coming to it (in one of the v0.6.x updates, if I can figure out how to do certain things), but I can't really change the core of how it works for a handful of technical reasons. To answer your actual question, the closest thing to a "timer" I could add would be putting in notifications that your latest shipment of supplies has arrived.

If there's a certain thing you need or want more of, let me know. I've said it in previous posts, but I don't really use items during my play-throughs, so I have no idea what people might not have enough of. If there's an item you want to be able to find more of, just let me know which ones, and I can put more of them in.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
1. Trophy 13 is a present you get during the Freeze. It's missable if you don't get Quinn before that section of the story, but there'll be more opportunities to get it in future versions. For a clue, each Maid has a "secondary objective" (like taking one Maid to chat with another) that usually has a longer conversation to let you know you've triggered it.
2. Not currently. She does go somewhere, but I haven't added her to the game yet. That'll be in one of the v0.6.x updates.
3. The quest tracking didn't get as updated as it really needed to be. It should be much better in v0.6.1. So yes, it's "known issues" related, but I appreciate you mentioning it anyway. Though you shouldn't be seeing the "free the captive" objective if you freed her, I'll have to check on that.
4. Yes. Coming in v0.6.1 (which will hopefully be out to supporters next weekend).
5. Sorry about that. That happens when two instances of my enemy collision triggers at the same time. I'll have to move them around a bit more to see if I can reduce the chances of that happening.
6. Fighting the gargoyles only matters in the short term. That final scene still happens more or less the same way, but the way it ends can be different. You're working towards the ending for this whole section of the game, so it felt wrong of me to let you make or break the whole thing based on one choice at the end.

Added to the .

Yes, the MV version was an April Fool's Day prank. I intend to port the game to MZ once I have access to it. If you want to see that happen, I'd appreciate it if you so I can afford a copy of the newer engine.

Sorry for the trouble. I've actually never seen or had that happen before. I'm glad you were able to get it figured out!

Noted. To answer your implied question, yes, the shop updates every time you reach a new threshold in the main story. If you need supplies between those points, there are a few traders that exist for things like potions and ethers, there are supplies hidden around, and new gear is typically found in the world before it becomes available in the shop.

There are going to be some changes coming to it (in one of the v0.6.x updates, if I can figure out how to do certain things), but I can't really change the core of how it works for a handful of technical reasons. To answer your actual question, the closest thing to a "timer" I could add would be putting in notifications that your latest shipment of supplies has arrived.

If there's a certain thing you need or want more of, let me know. I've said it in previous posts, but I don't really use items during my play-throughs, so I have no idea what people might not have enough of. If there's an item you want to be able to find more of, just let me know which ones, and I can put more of them in.
I am just reading the FAQ just having the names of the trophys are not really helping if you could add a short descrpition so that way I could figure out what I need to do for each one that would be great. as for the item shop it is unfortunate about that because it feels really weird that the story dictates when you earn income.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I am just reading the FAQ just having the names of the trophys are not really helping if you could add a short descrpition so that way I could figure out what I need to do for each one that would be great. as for the item shop it is unfortunate about that because it feels really weird that the story dictates when you earn income.
You asked for a complete list, and that's a complete list. If you want hints, I'm working on an in-game hint system. It'll be in one of the v0.6.x updates if I can get it working the way I want it to work. If you're that concerned about missing content, currently the only trophies that will be permanently missable are 4 and 16. The ones that unlock lewds are 3, 6, 8, and 10 (and technically 16, but that isn't fully implemented yet and it'll only let you repeat the scene that gives you the trophy).

If there's a bit you find frustrating and want help with, it's one thing to point that bit out so I can help or improve that section of the game. It's another thing to give away the farm because you asked nice. =P

As for the shop, the intent is for it to be based on the passage of time in-game. If you have more specific feedback, I can look into making adjustments or finding other solutions. If you just want me to explain my logic for how it works, I can do that, too. I can't do much with "feels weird" though.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I feel like I have done this with each maid, but will just appear after each secondary objective is completed?
I probably missed one, but it has been a couple months, so I do not remember which ones I have done. These are the ones I remember doing

Edit 1: NVM, finally found the last 2 (show the glasses made to Quinn and bring the sister maid to the head maid).
Thanks for the help

Edit 2: When waiting the guy wait at the beginning of the update, Alice is bug (cannot talk to her).

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I feel like I have done this with each maid, but will just appear after each secondary objective is completed?

Edit 1: NVM, finally found the last 2 (show the glasses made to Quinn and bring the sister maid to the head maid).
Thanks for the help

Edit 2: When waiting the guy wait at the beginning of the update, Alice is bug (cannot talk to her).
It's given to you during the dinner event that ends the Freeze. Some of what you mention is part of the main story, like with Alice. It's been more than a minute since I put it all together, so if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't remember all the steps to take. Not off the top of my head, anyway. Happy to help, though!

For the bug with Alice - that should be fixed for the next build now. Thanks for calling it out!

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
It's given to you during the dinner event that ends the Freeze. Some of what you mention is part of the main story, like with Alice. It's been more than a minute since I put it all together, so if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't remember all the steps to take. Not off the top of my head, anyway. Happy to help, though!

For the bug with Alice - that should be fixed for the next build now. Thanks for calling it out!
Its been a while for me too, so I could not remember either (I apologize if I sounded rude), but thanks.

Anyone trying to get trophy 16, here is how I got it (dialogue choices):
I hope that helps anyone who needs it as I didn't know before this that cancelling would give another choice).

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Its been a while for me too, so I could not remember either (I apologize if I sounded rude), but thanks.

I hope that helps anyone who needs it as I didn't know before this that cancelling would give another choice).
You didn't seem rude at all. And not knowing cancel gives a choice is sorta on purpose; it started as me playing with the engine to see how exactly that worked and eventually became a whole different thing. I should probably add that to the "controls" section of the README, thinking on it.

As a couple extra notes for your trophy guide there, some choices (not necessarily the ones you call out, just in general) are "null" choices that don't move the score at all, and the choices made after the final debate starts don't (currently) affect whether or not you get the trophy, you need to be over the threshold before that scene starts and stay over until the final choice (this will change in v0.6.1 so you can start below the threshold and work your way over the threshold during the scene).

Will all the girls in the banner will be in the harem?
Eventually, yes. Most, if not all, will be introduced by the end of the story in v0.7. There are also a number that will join you later on who aren't depicted, like the door Maid Teely (who is currently in development - her appearance is being voted on by my supporters) and a few others that don't have their appearances finalized quite yet.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
As a couple extra notes for your trophy guide there, some choices (not necessarily the ones you call out, just in general) are "null" choices that don't move the score at all, and the choices made after the final debate starts don't (currently) affect whether or not you get the trophy, you need to be over the threshold before that scene starts and stay over until the final choice (this will change in v0.6.1 so you can start below the threshold and work your way over the threshold during the scene).
If the choice did not do anything, I did not mention (I think), besides on the final debate. I was not sure how exactly to get the trophy, I just mainly wanted to dom her and I believe that required 15 points, so that is the route I went to get both.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
If the choice did not do anything, I did not mention (I think), besides on the final debate. I was not sure how exactly to get the trophy, I just mainly wanted to dom her and I believe that required 15 points, so that is the route I went to get both.
Well, to clarify, I mean that some options within each choice might not move the variable. So if choice 1 has 3 options, option 1 might be +1, option 2 might be +0, and option 3 might be -1.
But yeah, the two are tied. Doing one is how you get the other. The change coming in v0.6.1 will just make it easier.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes