hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I tried to play this in joiplay,,but i m getting this error
can anyone fix this
I can't promise it'll work because I can't support an official mobile build, but there's a couple things you can try.

First, find "FOSSIL.js" and make sure the name is exactly that. If it's "fossil.js" or "Fossil.js" it may not be getting read correctly. It needs to be exactly "FOSSIL.js" with all caps (but not the quotation marks).

If that doesn't work, there should be both an "index.html" and "FOSSILindex.html" file in the game files. Find those and rename "index" to "indexoriginal" or something like that, and rename "FOSSILindex.html" to "index.html" to replace the original. Again, no quotation marks in the final file name.

If it still isn't working after that, I'm out of solutions. You'd have to google around.

Reactions: Shaun@121

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I can't seem to find Hachtlahm Hold for drain the swamp quest. I don't even remember how to leave the swamp either. I just keep going back and forth between the North and East swamp.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I can't seem to find Hachtlahm Hold for drain the swamp quest. I don't even remember how to leave the swamp either. I just keep going back and forth between the North and East swamp.
There are maps in the Locations section of Estate Info in the menu that'll help with pointing out where the exits to the different zones are. You have to scroll down a bit to see them, but everything is labeled. For reference, those two zones are the East Swamps and North Swamps. Entrances/exits to different places are marked on and off those maps by a patch of ground that's different from everywhere else.
Hachtlamh is an exception - it's the only thing in the North Swamps that isn't labeled. It's the ruined village south of the ruined Estate. It still has that patch of different ground, but people seem to try to go right into the trees instead of north into the water/village.

sucukmetei

Apr 30, 2018
I didn´t play this game in a short time and i forgot how to complete the side quest ´just a small town girl´. I have a maids dress in my inventory but still can´t complete it. Anyone can help me? (it´s the girl in Audagha)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I didn´t play this game in a short time and i forgot how to complete the side quest ´just a small town girl´. I have a maids dress in my inventory but still can´t complete it. Anyone can help me? (it´s the girl in Audagha)
I just tested this recently and it all worked as intended, so the issue shouldn't be with the quest.
One thing to make sure of is that it's actually in your inventory, meaning you don't have all of them equipped to one of your party members.
Next thing to check is that it's not the step that needs a Designer Dress, which is a different step. If you're still early in the game, you might not have a spare Designer Dress yet; there is one to find in the swamps somewhere (I think it's in the Drowned Hold) that you can find if you want to recruit her before the first Freeze.
Failing that, make sure to read what she actually says. The Task List should match her requests, but it's possible there's a mismatch. If there is, what Teely says is still going to be accurate.

sucukmetei

Apr 30, 2018
I just tested this recently and it all worked as intended, so the issue shouldn't be with the quest.
One thing to make sure of is that it's actually in your inventory, meaning you don't have all of them equipped to one of your party members.
Next thing to check is that it's not the step that needs a Designer Dress, which is a different step. If you're still early in the game, you might not have a spare Designer Dress yet; there is one to find in the swamps somewhere (I think it's in the Drowned Hold) that you can find if you want to recruit her before the first Freeze.
Failing that, make sure to read what she actually says. The Task List should match her requests, but it's possible there's a mismatch. If there is, what Teely says is still going to be accurate.

sucukmetei

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for your activity in this thread. It saved me on more ocassions then i'd like to admit. I reloaded a previous save and it worked out then. Lost a bit of progress but not complaining in the slightest. Thanks again!

While I'm at it:Teerly needs a cotton underwair. I have bought a supply line for a cotton underwear but i don´t want to wait for the next cycle as i´m afraid ill miss out on teerly content. Any ways of getting it some other way? I´ve checked all warderobes =(

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for your activity in this thread. It saved me on more ocassions then i'd like to admit. I reloaded a previous save and it worked out then. Lost a bit of progress but not complaining in the slightest. Thanks again!

While I'm at it:Teerly needs a cotton underwair. I have bought a supply line for a cotton underwear but i don´t want to wait for the next cycle as i´m afraid ill miss out on teerly content. Any ways of getting it some other way? I´ve checked all warderobes =(
The feeling is mutual. I get a lot of good feedback out of the thread, and it's resulted in some much-needed changes that I might never have thought to make otherwise. Helping out in return only feels right.

For the Cotton Underwear - I want to say there's more than one place to get it, but I actually had the same problem in my most recent playthrough. You can get it from Melissa's old room at the uncle's Estate; her room is in the west wing on the same floor as the other Servant rooms against the south wall.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Y'know. The longer I've been playing/reading/writing harem genre stories the more I've noticed what I like and dislike about them.
I guess the biggest pet peeve I have about them, though this isn't as bign an issue in games where harems are present, is the false premise of a harem that doesn't at least include a harem ending possibility. Basically, I hate when you have a harem that just, for whatever reason, either only has a single heroine win out... which I 'can' tolerate (if only barely) if I don't see the outcome a mile away. The more egregious outcome is when it's clearly a case of 'first girl wins'. This can come in two broad strokes. Either it's super obvious early to midway through... or... as has actually been done almost as a 'fuck you' to the harem ending idea, is when the plot plays with the idea for as long as possible only to just... straight up deny you the ending for no real good reason, again usually related to 'first girl wins' at play. Though sometimes, it's either that, or it's some other random ass heroine you either didn't see coming or didn't want (unless you rooted for that one heroine but... I have an aversion to pick one heroine over another in a harem situation unless the cast fails at actually being a good harem, though that's another discussion altogether).

These issues are why I actually have come to hate the idea of 'top girl' in a harem and adore the 'balanced harem' approach that ensures that every heroine gets equal or shared focus as 'top' girl.
Harem Residence is one of the best examples of this while Melissa's possessiveness actually ends up annoying me considering her station and role as a servant that basically all but forces things to end up a certain way that, as a player, kind of irritates me since I don't exactly feel like I get to make a harem of badass maids. I mean, I do but it's kind of annoying I 'have' to have a 'top' girl in the harem just to make her feel better....

I also hate that I can't name the MC, especially given the MC's name is... 'Master'. I get the joke, and it is kind of funny. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it eye rolling too.

I guess, the heart of the issue is also the realization that I prefer to 'be the main character' vs 'guiding the main character'. I suppose it's just a difference in preference as a role player and my distastes for 'too much personality' in the player character. I didn't used to feel this way, but something I've come to find more in line with what I want as I've gotten older. Especially after playing games that offer degrees of freedom in how you can respond to the world knowing that when they address me, it's 'me' they're addressing, not Master'. I guess... I like being the one at the center of the story rather than being a spectator to somebody else's story. One reason I love Harem Collector. Sure this and TLS have great narratives, but I can't help but feel less personally invested in Simon or Master simply because they aren't 'my' stories but 'their' stories. Strive 4 Power/Conquest really showed me after playing them while Harem Collector firmly kept the narrative firmly focused on me and what I want.... Like Rance as a character done right simply because it was toned down and let me be the jerkass, name and all.

It's a good game, and funny... though, and I have no clue why, I don't like comedies as much as other people seem to... at least in RPGs/games. doesn't\ need to be grim dark, but light on the humor is more my thing I guess.

All in all, M&M isn't a bad game. No, it's good and I do enjoy it. Especially the lore and vibe. I mean, a harem of maids with super powers whose lore is pretty engaging is pure win.. but... I just don't feel like I'm the master of anything and am just along for the ride. Guess it's all the dungeon crawlers, older RPGs that let the player be the main character and more sandbox style games that have really helped me see what it is I actually enjoy from RPGs. I like worldbuilding and character interaction, but feel ppl put almost too much emphasis to story and defining the MC instead of letting me, the player, do that. The MC here being somewhere in the middle but not at all really earning the title in the way that I'd like and being treated as a joke... Not sure how I feel about being the joke but oh well.

I guess.... this is a game that I really like but at the same time, annoys the hell out of me sometimes too. Admittedly, these are just my own gripes and really apply to RPGs more generally though.
If anything, it's one reason I'm trying to make a game of my own... all to sate my own selfishness. If nothing else, playing this has been great research. It's fun and lets me see what sort of things I 'could' do while reminding me of the things I personally want to avoid.

Indie devs really are great for inspiration and i can't wait to see more, even if there are things about this game and genre trends that utterly annoy the fuck out of me. At last you haven't made me straight up quit the game and/or utilize an art style that... just turns me off to the game no matter how badly I want to like it like Peasant's Quest did.... God the art in that game jsut... doesn't work for me even though it does everything else right for me.... Though, that game is very much an exception rather than the rule... Pan Hero has an MC that's so stupid that I just quit the game even though literally everyone else is so decently written.... At least this game's pluses outweighs my gripes... at least for now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but I just had to vent....

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
...Man. I'd forgotten how much of a turn off Melissa's possessiveness is.
It's been awhile since I played, but it hits you right at the beginning and I honestly had to stop playing. I dunno. So man little things from so many games that have been getting on my nerves from otherwise great products and projects...

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Boys I need help this is the path to Lothario?
It is, but if you're getting that message, you're either too early or something didn't trigger right earlier on. The most common cause is modifying your save (specifically, adding Scrap Wood to your inventory to "skip" floor repairs instead of using the built-in skip function, which causes you to miss the event that adds Melissa and Phoebe back into the party). That particular transfer event is checking for Phoebe, so if you can't go that way, it's because she's missing from your party.

If that's the case for you, the best way to fix it is to revert to an earlier save and not do that.
If that isn't the case for you, I'd appreciate some additional information so I can investigate and make sure there isn't a bug I'm missing somewhere.

Firegerard117

Jan 14, 2018
Lo es, pero si recibes ese mensaje, o llegaste demasiado pronto o algo no se activó correctamente antes. La causa más común es modificar tu partida guardada (específicamente, agregar Scrap Wood a tu inventario para "saltar" las reparaciones del piso en lugar de usar la función de omisión incorporada, lo que hace que te pierdas el evento que agrega a Melissa y Phoebe nuevamente al grupo). . Ese evento de transferencia en particular busca a Phoebe, así que si no puedes ir en esa dirección, es porque ella no está en tu grupo.

Si ese es tu caso, la mejor manera de solucionarlo es volver a un guardado anterior y no hacerlo.
Si ese no es su caso, agradecería recibir información adicional para poder investigar y asegurarme de que no me falta ningún error en alguna parte.
[/CITA]
gracias necesito un nuevo guardado

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Are there any repeatable scenes in this game?
Basically all scenes are repeatable. There are a few "first time" variants that can't be repeated, but those are just slightly different dialogue. Others are split up into multiple scenes for their repeatable versions, but there are only two instances of that happening that I can think of off the top of my head. The vast majority of scenes, you just talk to the character and you'll have an option to repeat any available scenes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Connoisseur NTR

Connoisseur NTR

Nov 17, 2020
Basically all scenes are repeatable. There are a few "first time" variants that can't be repeated, but those are just slightly different dialogue. Others are split up into multiple scenes for their repeatable versions, but there are only two instances of that happening that I can think of off the top of my head. The vast majority of scenes, you just talk to the character and you'll have an option to repeat any available scenes.
Thanks!

Reactions: hreserves
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes