VN - Others - Completed - Majikoi! Love Me Seriously! A - Special Edition [A1 - A5] [Minato Soft]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Oakkom

It's length may be daunting to some, but it's completely worth it, and the light hearted story and pacing makes it very easy to enjoy it over a long period of time.

Majikoi is easily one of the best if not the best slice of life eroge visual novels, and one of the better visual novels out there in general. A classic, just read it.

BENEKI IS BEST GIRL
  2. 5.00 star(s)

dumdum1234

I wanna make it clear, this "review" is for the way this is presented, not the games themselves. They're fantastic. Untouchable. That's why the rating is 5 stars. However...

Whoever packed this is a Grade A Simpleton, end of story. So much needs to be done to even make it playable that it boggles the mind they didn't bother doing it on their end.

Browsing the thread, you become aware that half the people that have tried to play A-5 haven't been able to. Hell, I have no fucking clue how I did it. I wanted to replay Margit to refresh myself on her route and what happened within it, but I can't, because renaming the files to their proper names (which is how I thought I got A-5 to work) didn't work...because for some reason it unpacked A-1 twice and it confused itself. The launcher doesn't do anything, the file check doesn't do anything, nothing does anything anymore. I then tried deleting it and unpacking it with 7zip again, nothin' doin. It's supposed to convert the nonsense to Japanese like last time but it won't even recognize it.

If you can get A-5 to work from the dl provided, more power to you. It's fantastic. It's just the most annoying POS to get working it's almost worth not playing it until they fix the files.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Luka_M

just a great series all around particularly the first game which in my opinion was perfect in fully captivated the feeling of having a group of friends and enjoying life with them it was just a lot of fun seeing how each route effected the group as whole i'd give it a solid 10/10

the sequels and the fandiscs are alright too but since they kinda moved the focus away from the group of friends and focused more on new character or side characters, they have a lot of hit or misses in different routes where they're not as good as the first game and don't have that same feels as the first game so i'd give them a 8/10

overall the entire series has good writing, interesting characters with quirks, a pretty competent mc even tho he isn't a fighter, good art and a very good depiction of a group of friends

the one downside to me is that none of the male cast can actually fight well its a strange world where a lot of women are just superhuman
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ixcez

Well if you like anime rom-coms with a mix of shounen then this is pretty much a cult classic that has been hailed as one of the best eroge games of all times with it spawning anime, manga and a ton of fans/followers.

It has aged fairly well because of the choice of art and through the lack of animations that were honestly almost non-existant when this came out in the eroge field by my guess.

This does however mean that it is very very text heavy but the overall degree of the writing is top notch but as others have mentioned it becomes a bit clear that the orginal cast or main love interests have gotten a lot more love and care compared to the others, with some exceptions, I am also of the mind that the orignal story is of the highest standard with the following parts being still good and of high quality their not as good.

With that said this is still a game I would highly recommend to most people that enjoys a good story just a reminder that the game is very text heavy and long especially if you wanna see all parts the game needs something like 60-70 hours to complete 100% so there is a lot of text here to read. Just to clarify the game time is if you do all the Love Me Seriously parts.

On a side note Momoyo Kawakami who to some degree could be said to be the main love interest and canon lover to the MC is probably the first strong female character I ever felt strongly for :D
  5. 5.00 star(s)

dark0s

I love the original games, these are just a cherry on top. Having them be translated into english without dances with additional softwarre to m-translate it is also a great thing. All in all these are a staple of quality in VN world, really. Very rarely, and I mean very you encounter anything as good as this. Highly reccomended!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

rspkers

I've been following this series since 2009, waiting patiently for the fan translations of each game over the years. I've read a lot of Japanese Visual Novels; maybe 800-1000 of them over the last 20 years. It's a hobby bordering on obsession. This series is one of my absolute favourites, easily in my all-time Top 25, and easily Top 5 in it's specific category. I cannot recommend it enough. It's very beginner friendly and doesn't ask a lot from the reader. It's a chill, enjoyable experience.

Here's a quick Pros and Cons.

Pros-
    • Lighthearted, action-packed stories that don't take themselves too seriously. If superpowers/anime strength are your thing, you're in for a treat.
    • Absolutely gorgeous girls. Every one of them is top shelf in all aspects.
    • Large amount of different girls to romance. All with fantastic and unique personalities. Milfs, lolis, pettankos, chuuni's, Big boobs, Small boobs, you name it. It's got everything.
    • Based MC that is actually likeable. Yamato is a badass and not the typical brainless, dickless Harem MC stumbling over himself and squealing like a girl when he sees some tits. He's proactive, capable, and well-liked by the people around him.
    • Hilarious writing. The humour is on point, and really adds to the experience. Crab ending best ending.
    • Every single waifu is likeable. There are no bad eggs here.
    • Art is fantastic. There's a bit of sameface going on (arguably just the artstyle, think DBZ), but it's one of my favourite artstyles. The artist really knows how to draw beautiful women.
    • Sex scenes are all hot as fuck. Plenty of fetishes, and plenty of love.
    • Miyako
    Neutral-
    • Harem. Sort of. You can still pick which girls route you want to go for, and get her ending, but some routes have multiple partners, and you do get to fuck other women along the way. I personally enjoy this and find this to be a very well executed harem, but I do understand it's some serious suspension of disbelief. They all want your cock, and I'm here for it. If you don't like harems, I still recommend you try this one as it's in a league of its own.
    • Lighthearted story. Could be a pro or a con. Don't expect any 3deep5u superduper mysteries here. There is plenty of emotional and personal strife in the various stories, but this isn't Devil on the G-String or Fate/Stay. This might not be as mentally stimulating as some power readers may want, but it sure stimulates other parts of your body.
    Cons-
    • Sometimes it gets a little too shonen-y. There's a lot of asspulls in the power department during certain fights and strategies used, which may have you roll your eyes, but this fits with the action-comedy style this VN is going for. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and I appreciate it for that.
    • Some romance routes are less well-written than others. The overall quality is excellent, but after playing all the routes, you'll notice some of them received more attention than others, or flow better than others. This is especially disappointing if your favourite waifu happens to be one that gets the short end of the story Not a dealbreaker by any means as the sex scenes are still excellent, but worth noting nonetheless.
    Play Order
    Make sure you play the games in order.
    They are not completely dependent on one another per se, but you'll be missing out on a LOT of context and plot if you skip around. I strongly suggest you play these games in this order.

Original Majikoi
    1) https://f95zone.to/threads/majikoi-love-me-seriously-minato-soft.1044/

Majikoi S! (Sequel)
    2) https://f95zone.to/threads/do-love-me-seriously-s-minato-soft.1045/

Majikoi Side stories A1-A5 (These are love routes for side girls)
    3) https://f95zone.to/threads/majikoi-love-me-seriously-a-special-edition-a1-a4-minato-soft.90936/

Special Note: A-5 is not translated yet as of 8/21 and will be updated accordingly as translation progresses. Be patient, it's been a long ride. Be thankful you get to experience almost all of it now instead of waiting 12 years, like I did.

EDIT 9/23- They did it. It's been nearly a decade since A-1 launched, and A1-5 is finally complete.

Highly, highly recommended. It's Majikoi, and it's a classic.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Noobeginner

It's an Majikoi series, enough said. It's also a compilation of some of the best waifu this series has to offer. Finally, you can have a loving relationship (or maybe fuck or something, but who cares? :rolleyes:) with all those interesting character from Majikoi S. It almost feels like a crime when you had all those amazing Waifu, but you don't even get a choice to be "close enough" with them.

Well, now you can! Go ahead and date them all!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Oshitari Azumi

[As of 8/11/21]
    A5 may not be translated yet, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the rest of the fandisks! I love how despite the various unrealistic factors that occur in the story (waifu robots, clones of historic figures, a shonen-style powers for various characters to name a few), the stories are suprisingly grounded for what they are. I've been enjoying the Majikoi series ever since listening to 'To Be Your Hero [Super Arrange]' in 2012 and it remains one of my favorite eroges for not only having great looking characters ( aka fap material) but also a really interesting story behind every character.

Basically, to boil it down, this game is my "I came to fap not to feel" choice of all time. Highly recommended, seriously!