VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Making Memories [v1.0a] [Kvitravn Tales]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Demonic Presence

Xiomara is one the more beautiful characters I've seen. I saw her and hit the download button so fast, I have a list of games I wanted to try and I'm just now getting through a lot of them but I had to find time for this one. Seeing the father and main character get cheated on brought back some unpleasant feelings and I was curious as to have the Devs would have the main character handle it. Imagine if he had taken the violent route? Would it have been justified? From my point of view he handled it well and behaved like an adult. That alone is why I'm high on this game, the writing is feels down to earth and genuine, even if this is a slow burn story I'm aboard this train.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

sakosux

It's not the best, but it's not bad. It's the dev's 1st game and you can see them getting better at english and rendering with each update.
    The story has an interesting flavour to it, although it is simple. It focuses on the two main LIs and there aren't any side LIs so far.
    There is about 30 - 40 minutes of content at the moment and I would recommend trying it out.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

kameohawk

There's not a huge amount I can say about this game. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's still early doors.

The visuals are great with the girls. I sometimes feel the MC looks a bit sickly but that could just be me.

The plot is straightforward. I sometimes find the story a bit confusing to follow. It tries to stylise how the story is told so it changes a bit. that's not a bad thing but it can be odd at times. There's also a mechanic where you make choices based off a King/Prince ideal but there's no explanation over what this is..... logically I assume it impacts your response (there's even a point in the game which says your choice will have an impact later) but because it's so vague I'm not sure what that is.

Definitely worth a follow
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Sanaa Star

The game is virtually perfect! It offers a lot of quality and many new elements (that I have not seen in other games).

There are still minor problems: The chosen language sometimes makes me ponder/doubt. And the decisions are not super logical. But that's complaining on a high level.

The game is worth a look in any case (and that, although I have only played the 1st episode - of currently 4 available episodes).

In A nutshell:
    + Music
    + Renders
    + Story
    + Warnings before emotional scenes

o A bit too many changes of language in dialogues (a bit makes it more athentic, but too much can be too difficult)
    o The contrast in the menus (load, save, settings) is quite low. It looks good, but it is harder to use

- % (nothing so far)

Thanks to Kvitravn Tales for this good game!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Renders are good
    I don't understand the point of the prince and king choiche
    Incest patch seems to be only to let you know you have a daughter But there no scenes with here
    Story is confusing
    Gonna keep a eye on the game But hoping it get's better
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Resch

Review as of EP3
    The game has good potential. It has heart and while it is not an original basis for a story, it is done pretty well.

What I liked...
    The story has heart and has a good basis to grow from.
    The characters are unique in appearance.

What needs some improvement...
    The dialog needs some work in regards to switching between Spanish and English. Not sure it works all that well. May just use the terms for things like Dad/Papi, Daughter, etc. Or less frequently and for excitement.

Grammar overall needs a bit of work, but it is not terrible.

Rating Overall 4.5 (based on a curve for it being fairly early in dev)
    Theme 5/5
    Story 4.5/5
    Graphics 4.5
    Animation N/A
    Quality 4/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

seamanq

Wow ... just, Wow!

Beautifully drawn characters that are true to the ethnicities covered. They are also very beautiful and unique. The dialog is warm and engaging, and with the Spanglish I know, it is heartfelt as well.

Even though it is only a few episodes in, I am in love and cannot wait for the next installment.

Excellent points:
    Excellent character design
    Genuine storytelling
    Ethnically authentic (for the most part)

Areas that could improve:
    References in Spanish could be more authentic.
    Common referents for a daughter for her parents would be Papi and Mami. Papa and Mama would be less commmon.

Even though this only covers up to Episode 3, I am looking forward to the next installment.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

viper217

Really, really like this game it is a bit like Light of my Life, bittersweet memories (the music selected captures this melancholia perfectly) the renders are very good, and loved the Easter egg (re-united again) in the newspaper headline in the background. Really good attention to detail, good pace. I wanted to ask what the King and Prince options differences are? Well done Dev. really looking forward to the next update.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

MississippiQueen

(ep 3 v0.3)

I can't understand ANYTHING.

My english is not very good but damn, I couldn't understand anything because of the confusion of words, spanish is interspersed in almost every sentence, since i don't know spanish well enough to understand, I couldn't understand what they were talking about.

Renders are shining.

Wow. The models are pretty good and unique, especially Ava. And don't forget the MC, he is a very good looking dude. The developer seems to have worked really hard on this issue. Graphically, the game looks pretty good.

The developer MUST bring someone who knows english. The game is really good but as long as i don't understand a thing, it doesn't matter the game is good.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alteni

Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Story : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    renders : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Creativity :✭✭✭✭✰

Note :
    since its the first release i will give 4 stars i am sure after few updated will get 5 stars from me i hope so .

* i hope some animations in future.

Definitely u need to play it .

all the best to the developer.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Jollyolnothin

Only going to give 4 stars for now, simply due to the fact that it's only a prologue. But to say that I am caught up in this would be the largest understatement. The story, the characters, the writing in and of itself, without even mentioning the art, is enough to make this a great piece of work.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Game got potential. Dev really put a lot of effort in making this game. This game kinda feel different from other game it's because of the Dev's exectuion. Renders are above average. Story is good. Looking forward to next updates. lawyer's model is good it's polished neatly and gives a fresh feel. Overall it's s good start and worth playing. Keep up the good work dev. Looking forward to next updates. :coffee:

Edit : forgot to mention some things. That king and Prince choice is confusing don't know how it affects the gameplay. But it's makes game different than other games, a different approach. Actually english is good but usage of Spanish words in dialogues makes it little hard to understand for non Spanish players. ( I google translated that Spanish words so I understood the dialogues ). That being said actually it's nice to read that dialogues. I like the approach of using Spanish words in the dialogues.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Cookiecrook

Can really see a lot of effort and emotion put into this. Needs some minor fixing on some grammar, but the game over all has lots of potential and that its a must try for the quality it can achieve. And definitely an experience Really hope the dev doesn't give up on this as it can be one of those memorable and unique games on this site.