Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You need to post the video online. Go to the PC (he's got one of these cheap wall mounted thingies):
View attachment 595322

open the movie icon
View attachment 595325

Tag it correctly:
View attachment 595326

Then upload, and go sleep till tomorrow.

There's no full walkthrough, but I did a FAQ back when I was making the game (it's been done for a while; it just got tagged as new today because the archives had expired, and someone grabbed them from itch.io and re-uploaded them)

Walkthrough: https://f95zone.to/threads/making-movies-v0-9-15-droid-productions.11061/post-2163803

Reactions: Droid Productions

Varrilete

Mar 20, 2019
thx problem is i dont get that movie notification. i picked the camera make her drink too.
Its bugged some how, the dog in the door is gone too

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Droid Productions The Mega and Nopy links for the Mac version are incorrectly linking to what is labeled as a 1.0.0 version that is actually 9.13 not 9.15 (only checked those two links but I assume none of the Mac links are for 9.15).

I downloaded and played a fresh game and am hung up by a bug that prevents me from completing Mia's 2nd movie (after she leaves the MC stays in the bedroom and blocks exiting the scene or uploading the movie, preventing any future progression). I am hoping this is fixed in 9.15 and will happily test it if that version of the Mac build gets uploaded.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions The Mega and Nopy links for the Mac version are incorrectly linking to what is labeled as a 1.0.0 version that is actually 9.13 not 9.15 (only checked those two links but I assume none of the Mac links are for 9.15).

I downloaded and played a fresh game and am hung up by a bug that prevents me from completing Mia's 2nd movie (after she leaves the MC stays in the bedroom and blocks exiting the scene or uploading the movie, preventing any future progression). I am hoping this is fixed in 9.15 and will happily test it if that version of the Mac build gets uploaded.
I didn't actually touch this link; the last I uploaded were in September, at Itch.io:

Having said that, I checked the build last night, and it appears to still run fine (never something you should take for granted when upgrading Unity). If you've got a savegame, I'll have a look. On OSX that should be in ~/Library/Application Support/ Droid Games/Making Movies (I believe).

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
If you've got a savegame, I'll have a look. On OSX that should be in ~/Library/Application Support/ Droid Games/Making Movies (I believe).
I actually could not find it at first, as your Love of Magic (such a great game by the way!) is found at /Application Support/com.droidproductions.loveofmagic, but I could not find anything for Making Movies. So kept poking around and found it at /Application Support/unity.DroidProd.MakingMovies. But here is a save, in it I believe I have just completed filming Movie 2 with Mia and asked if I could call her a cab. It leaves the scene with the MC still visible and if you click him the only text is "Later". At that point nothing works anymore, you can't open the computer or leave the house from that point as it keeps asking you to finish the scene with Mia. Thanks for checking it out and let me know if you need me to try anything else.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I actually could not find it at first, as your Love of Magic (such a great game by the way!) is found at /Application Support/com.droidproductions.loveofmagic, but I could not find anything for Making Movies. So kept poking around and found it at /Application Support/unity.DroidProd.MakingMovies. But here is a save, in it I believe I have just completed filming Movie 2 with Mia and asked if I could call her a cab. It leaves the scene with the MC still visible and if you click him the only text is "Later". At that point nothing works anymore, you can't open the computer or leave the house from that point as it keeps asking you to finish the scene with Mia. Thanks for checking it out and let me know if you need me to try anything else.
Ah, I know this bug.

So, for some reason there's more than one valid conversation there, but there's not supposed to be. If you look at the dialogs on the right, you can see the "Later" is a lot lower than it should be.

1585032935583.png

I'd have to debug a little deeper to work out how that happened. The good news is that it's trivial to bypass; you can still click on the empty dialog choices, which will progress the story.

Reactions: phreakinowski

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Found something more about this issue that might help. So I took your advice but it still failed the first time I tried, as the hidden conversation I clicked on was triggering the text you see at the coffee shop. There are 2 hidden text convos there, if you click towards the top of the empty space as if to choose the 1st hidden text response it triggers coffee shop text as if you just drank a coffee even though you are not at the coffee shop and you are still locked out of finishing the scene. But if you click just above the word "Later" then you can choose the 2nd hidden reply and it does allow you to complete the 2nd movie and continue. Here is a new save just before the last convo triggers in case it helps as I realized my previous save was before the entire scene started, not right at the end of the scene.

unanomaly8787

Aug 16, 2019
err help... i managed to reach the end of the chapter , just need to meet all the npc. but the gym npc is missing somewhere half of the story(not sure if this supposed to be or its a bug). is that a bug or i just cant find the bloody church according to the walkthrough. (i know its on sunday but i cant find the church)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
err help... i managed to reach the end of the chapter , just need to meet all the npc. but the gym npc is missing somewhere half of the story(not sure if this supposed to be or its a bug). is that a bug or i just cant find the bloody church according to the walkthrough. (i know its on sunday but i cant find the church)
You need to talk to all your friends first, then the first sunday after should unlock the wedding.

Bully27

Dec 17, 2018
Is it me or does the android version force closes during the loading screen? Pls help
Thanks!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hmm. Yeah, Pam is definitely the issue. If on of you guys who're stuck has a savegame for me, I'll see if I can find out where she's gone? The problem was that by the time I finished this I was back to being one guy testing and developing alone (I'd lost my discord login), so QA was... lacking :)

Mar 17, 2019
Hmm. Yeah, Pam is definitely the issue. If on of you guys who're stuck has a savegame for me, I'll see if I can find out where she's gone? The problem was that by the time I finished this I was back to being one guy testing and developing alone (I'd lost my discord login), so QA was... lacking :)
If you write me the folder address, I'll post my savegame

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes