Seeking Male Characters who are Jerks

Yck

Dec 16, 2017
Pretty much what the title says, but let me elaborate. I'm looking for games with men (either the protagonist or an important character) who are jerks and assholes, kinda like Rance from the Rance Series. Darker themes like violence and rape are nice, I've got no limits here, but they are not necessary.

Mind you: The Rance series likes to address several serious themes with an unrealistically "fun and nice" approach. Even rape is presented lightheartedly, sometimes even comically. While I do love this approach I'm also interested in more realistic depictions.

Lastly, I prefer more interactive games (Action games over VNs, for example), but I'll take any suggestion of any genre.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, there are hundreds upon hundreds of games where the MC is an asshole. But I'll leave out the typical teen/20s creep in a Daz incest game.

Tyrant Quest
Lust and Power
Ravager
Overwhored
Venus Blood: Chimera (and other games in the series)
Something Unlimited
Harem Collector
Absolute Power Corruption
Enslaver (and the sequel)
The Breaker
School Conquest
Stationmaster
Virgin Invader
Corrupted Saviors
Corrupting the Priestess
News Desk
Princess Tower (really, almost anything with the "trainer" tag, this one is just better-written than most)
Incubus City

Grolokk
Rise of Vruk

Last edited:

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Isn't it harder to find male characters that are not jerks?

White knight simp <----> "Good guy" MC who is actually a creep with no self awareness <----> Self aware rapist asshole

Most games fall in the middle.
Facts. I dont think any protag is a good guy that is good but also not a simp. I think the closest thing is the Harem Hotel protag and thats it I believe.

Reactions: desmosome

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Facts. I dont think any protag is a good guy that is good but also not a simp. I think the closest thing is the Harem Hotel protag and thats it I believe.
The Last Sovereign. I actually gave up on the game despite the good writing because the MC (not the one the game starts you out with) is too much of a good guy. I wanted Overwhored, and it could have been Overwhored, but the author had other ideas.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
The Last Sovereign. I actually gave up on the game despite the good writing because the MC (not the one the game starts you out with) is too much of a good guy. I wanted Overwhored, and it could have been Overwhored, but the author had other ideas.
Now you have me curious. Sierra Lee does good work, so I might give that a chance now. I actually have a paid version of Overwhored in my game folder. No ragrets.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Konnect

Jun 10, 2020
Pretentious Goblin pretty much nailed it.

Harem Collector is probably the best. MC literally saved a girl from slaver just to make her his slave haha.

Sol Valley HighSchool. MC is a straight up asshole. Probably the best in a VN setting. The MC is consistent throughout the story.

In the Tyrant with Saz mod, you can be a sadistic asshole. The best in a smaller focused setting.

If you try Lust and Power, try to download 0.37. The newer update is a reboot.

Asia Argento

Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Strive for Power
Trials in Tainted Space
Lab Rats 2
Corrupted Kingdoms
Renyruu Ascension
Hentai University
Four Elements Trainer

All of these provide the OPTION to be a major asshole.

Of games not on here: Fallen Princess Lucia (no link, google that because its a rule 7 violation game without a doubt.) But its not about the protag Lucia, more of her "helper" who is setting her up to (hopefully) be wrecked by the Demon Lord, his actual boss.

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
The Play series by Illusion (such as PlayHome) features dark themes and the protagonist is a monster.

The RPGM Black Souls (I and II) also allows you to play as a "sinner", and thus, a monster.

Both seem to fit the category of more "interactive" games.

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
Vae Victis

Panic Attack

The Headmaster - the MC thinks he is a good guy, which is clear from his internal thoughts but he is actually horribly abusing his authority.

Blackheart Hotel

Raptus

Dirty Game - the MC has a nice relationship with his daughter, but for other women he is a serial rapist

Friends in Need - different paths available. In one the MC is a rapist.

Dirty Pool - different paths available. In one the MC blackmails and rapes a girl.

Rape Day

Hardlove

Where Bad Girls Go

Brothel King - MC is objectively a jerk since he is forcing girls into prostitution and there are numerous options throughout the game for him to personally rape and beat people, but depending on the choices made the MC could be regarded as a hero by characters in the game due to his choices in other plots.

Goblin Lord

The Regional Manager

Evil 2