VN Unity Malevolent Planet Unity2D [Graduation - The Paparazzi Public Release] [SugarMint]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
paparazzi_banner.png

Overview:
Malevolent Planet Unity2D
is the 2D version of , which originally was built as a text game.
The story follows a female protagonist who's been training and finally gets assigned an interstellar space travel mission by the International Space Academy. As you undergo your training and embark on your mission, you discover the hidden purpose behind your mission. The choices you make will plot your lifepath in the alien universe.
Will you fight for the salvation of humankind and alienkind, or give in to the newfound temptations of the forbidden knowledge that uncovers itself over the course of your mission?​

Thread Updated: 2024-03-07
Release Date: 2024-03-07
Developer: SugarMint - - -
Censored: No
Version: Day1 to Day3 Content Release
Language: English
Prequel: Malevolent Planet Text Game
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
:
Android:
Others:

adult game animation 1.gif adult-game-animation-3.gif adult-game-animation-4.gif adult-game-animation-2.gif oxJL7l.png pU8vSD.gif

Last edited:

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
I like the art of the original text adventure version better personally, but lets see what happens when this version gets more close to having some fleshed out content like the original now before i judge it further. Good luck with the game, added to my watch list too.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Does this mean the original game will not be continued? I really enjoyed it.
Probably not. Creating a game is already a huge challenge, two games for one person is realistically a superhuman challenge. The dev will probably transfer all content from the text-based one to the 2D, and then discontinue.

Wise choice. 2D games have a much wider audience than text-based games.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Does this mean the original game will not be continued? I really enjoyed it.
Probably not. Creating a game is already a huge challenge, two games for one person is realistically a superhuman challenge. The dev will probably transfer all content from the text-based one to the 2D, and then discontinue.
The dev has said in the past that they want to continue developing both. This is supposed to be a prequel to the text-based game afaik. The text game is supposed to receive a content + bugfix update in august. That said, I do have my reservations about whether they'll be able to do that long term. I have nothing but respect for the dev but solo writing, drawing, and coding for two different games in two different engines is likely going to prove immensely difficult and I worry that we'll either see an immensely long dev cycle or they'll abandon the text game entirely. Which is a shame, because I love it so much. The unity version doesn't hold the same appeal for me.

iluvpink

Jan 11, 2019

Wise choice. 2D games have a much wider audience than text-based games.
Calling it a text based game is really under-serving the fantastic art and interface. When I think of text based I just think of tons of reading and little if any visual component.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Calling it a text based game is really under-serving the fantastic art and interface. When I think of text based I just think of tons of reading and little if any visual component.
Text games are games with higher writing density, this does not refer only to pure text games. You can have a game with graphics like sex CGs, and all sorts of stylized interfaces and still be a text game with a lot of writing.

People seem to have a very rudimentary mental picture of what a text game is...

Reactions: GTK/HLK and Hargan2

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Personally I like the new art and find it better than the previous 3D. The UI however isn't great.
Let's see how this develops in a few months.

Reactions: ZLt and Ashani
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes