VN Unity Malevolent Planet Unity2D [Graduation - The Paparazzi Public Release] [SugarMint]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

MidnightVT

Oct 11, 2017
Try reading the changelog next time, you usually find that sort of information there.

"An animation is included, in addition to a couple of drawings."
This doesnt seem to definitively answer how much H content there is as there could be 12 scenes that reuse the same animation or a few drawings but have text on it. My question wasnt anything outrageous this is a freaking H game forum. So dont act like its not an important thing to ask lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
Good decision making a 2D version.
Sure, text-based games are popular, but eh, still quite niche and would need amazing writing skills and a captivating story and probably good art to go with that to attract a random Joe who doesn't play those.

I play some, but eh, can never find enough willpower to keep going.
Either one sitting, or nothing.
Well, unless it's COC, but even then, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That turned into a small rant, didn't mean to rag on text games, heh.
Well, best of luck, definitely watching this one.

• Angry
Reactions: GTK/HLK

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
The story was woeful in the first one. The protag was kind of a boring, unconvincing passenger in her own story. It was suggested they introduce a playable villainous male antagonist to help put her in some sexy jeopardy. That way she could "lose" a little bit without her being a loser. I hope they listen for this version.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not a bad start, though (as mentioned above) a rather clunky UI. I always get nervous when a dev restarts a game; the odds that it will die go up dramatically. Ditto for trying to make two games at the same time; one suffers and then is abandoned.

The saving grace here, perhaps, is that the dev already has a lot of the story worked out and published in the text version. That story needed some work, though. "The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself" is an idea worth pursuing here. What is the character's internal conflict, and how does it create problems for her while she deals with external conflict/challenges?

If this remake can add that element of conflict, then I think that the dev should devote himself to this game and drop the text game. I didn't find the earlier version very compelling at all.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Looks interesting :D User interface looks a bit lackluster, but I guess that'll improve later on, it's a 0.1 release after all :unsure:
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, it was difficult enough implementing useful functionality for the UI, including the ability to save and load. Let me know if you have any more specific suggestions in regards to improving the UI.

is character creation not available like in HTML version. I would like bigger boobs and ass. Very big. :whistle:
It's pretty difficult to do this in a 2D Unity version sadly. All the clothes would need to have multiple versions for the chest sizes. This was easier in the HTML version for the avatar sprite, but the drawings had the same problem.

I like the art of the original text adventure version better personally, but lets see what happens when this version gets more close to having some fleshed out content like the original now before i judge it further. Good luck with the game, added to my watch list too.
My artstyle seems to "change" frequently lately. Do you have any specific artworks you liked in the text game or is the overall artstyle just better in the text game?

Does this mean the original game will not be continued? I really enjoyed it.
I'm trying different things to gather more support for development. Like Airell said, the audience for 2D games is much bigger than the one for text games and they can easily overlap, because the 2D version also has plenty of text.

The development for the text version won't cease though. There's going to be a new version for the text version next month with a couple of bugfixes and new content that starts after unlocking The Hub/The City.

Probably not. Creating a game is already a huge challenge, two games for one person is realistically a superhuman challenge. The dev will probably transfer all content from the text-based one to the 2D, and then discontinue.

Wise choice. 2D games have a much wider audience than text-based games.
It is indeed a superhuman challenge, but I'm seeing the text game as the "manga" and the unity game as the "anime"/"game" based on the manga. The unity game will fill the gaps more, due to more focus on the artwork and environments. The text game will advance the overall plot and introduce new ideas for the unity game.

The only issue is that there are many systems in the text game and while improving the combat system I introduced some bugs that'll cost me some time to fix.

The dev has said in the past that they want to continue developing both. This is supposed to be a prequel to the text-based game afaik. The text game is supposed to receive a content + bugfix update in august. That said, I do have my reservations about whether they'll be able to do that long term. I have nothing but respect for the dev but solo writing, drawing, and coding for two different games in two different engines is likely going to prove immensely difficult and I worry that we'll either see an immensely long dev cycle or they'll abandon the text game entirely. Which is a shame, because I love it so much. The unity version doesn't hold the same appeal for me.
I'm very happy you like the text game so much. Like I said above, they're supposed to complement each other and appease both demographics, but for now the unity game will get 3:1 months of development to the text game.

Calling it a text based game is really under-serving the fantastic art and interface. When I think of text based I just think of tons of reading and little if any visual component.
Thanks a lot for the nice words!

I hope you can avoid any sexual encounters and pursue the ones you want, like lesbian encounters.
That's the plan. No forced content is planned.

Personally I like the new art and find it better than the previous 3D. The UI however isn't great.
Let's see how this develops in a few months.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Let me know if there are any suggestions you have regarding the UI.

I got stuck in a loop on the treadmill. Anyone else have that experience?
Try to move away from the treadmill after it ends or use mouse click to advance the dialogue. It's a fixed issue, but the fix will be in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
compile for x86 win32 please
Didn't know there were people still using x86. I'll compile the next build for x86 as well.

The story was woeful in the first one. The protag was kind of a boring, unconvincing passenger in her own story. It was suggested they introduce a playable villainous male antagonist to help put her in some sexy jeopardy. That way she could "lose" a little bit without her being a loser. I hope they listen for this version.
A villain is/was supposed to be introduced in the next part of the game after the village content is finished. There's a big plot that connects to that, but it'll take time to develop.

Yep. Same here. :-(
I'll copy paste
Try to move away from the treadmill after it ends or use mouse click to advance the dialogue. It's a fixed issue, but the fix will be in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not a bad start, though (as mentioned above) a rather clunky UI. I always get nervous when a dev restarts a game; the odds that it will die go up dramatically. Ditto for trying to make two games at the same time; one suffers and then is abandoned.

The saving grace here, perhaps, is that the dev already has a lot of the story worked out and published in the text version. That story needed some work, though. "The only thing worth writing about is the human heart in conflict with itself" is an idea worth pursuing here. What is the character's internal conflict, and how does it create problems for her while she deals with external conflict/challenges?

If this remake can add that element of conflict, then I think that the dev should devote himself to this game and drop the text game. I didn't find the earlier version very compelling at all.
What you're saying is what was planned to be developed with corruption/purity in mind. There's the mission, then there are the "distractions" and the bigger plot outside the mission. We'll see what happens with time.

I prefer the textbased one.
1. I dont like unity
2. This one dont even has a lesbian tag
3. I just enjoyed the textbased one too much and wait for more updates there ^^
Lesbian content will be introduced, and there's no tag because there's no lesbian content right now. There's not even "straight" content so I didn't want to mislead people.

There'll be an update for the text version, I hope you'll like it!

Reactions: ustar

jlight7

Dec 23, 2018
Probably not. Creating a game is already a huge challenge, two games for one person is realistically a superhuman challenge. The dev will probably transfer all content from the text-based one to the 2D, and then discontinue.

Wise choice. 2D games have a much wider audience than text-based games.
A wise choice would be to finish a game before making another one. Why would anyone with half a brain support a content creator that fails to create content? There's literally thousands of unfinished projects with devs like this who milk patreon. Imagine asking people to pay for EARLY ACCESS for over a year and then deciding not to finish it and start a new project and do the same shit over again. It's hilarious and I'm not even mad but this exact shit is why I will never pay a fucking cent for any of these scam projects.
This shit reminds me of that secret agent girl text game that the guy keeps remaking before finishing the first fucking mission. It's like these devs get a good base idea but have zero ability to create a game or story so they just cocktease the general premise for 5 years until people stop giving a shit.

I bet by this time next year this project won't even have as much content as the original lmao

Reactions: hr17

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
A wise choice would be to finish a game before making another one. Why would anyone with half a brain support a content creator that fails to create content? There's literally thousands of unfinished projects with devs like this who milk patreon. Imagine asking people to pay for EARLY ACCESS for over a year and then deciding not to finish it and start a new project and do the same shit over again. It's hilarious and I'm not even mad but this exact shit is why I will never pay a fucking cent for any of these scam projects.
This shit reminds me of that secret agent girl text game that the guy keeps remaking before finishing the first fucking mission. It's like these devs get a good base idea but have zero ability to create a game or story so they just cocktease the general premise for 5 years until people stop giving a shit.

I bet by this time next year this project won't even have as much content as the original lmao
From a player's point of view, yes. But when you're a dev, you think much more technically. Speaking from a purely cold and technical point of view... Creating a game takes a huge amount of time and energy, and you can't spend all that on something that isn't financially successful.

That's why is common for so many devs to start games, see that it didn't work, and then abandon it to start another one.

Passion projects that persist regardless of the financial aspect are rare.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
From a player's point of view, yes. But when you're a dev, you think much more technically. Speaking from a purely cold and technical point of view... Creating a game takes a huge amount of time and energy, and you can't spend all that on something that isn't financially successful.

That's why is common for so many devs to start games, see that it didn't work, and then abandon it to start another one.

Passion projects that persist regardless of the financial aspect are rare.
There's a certain balancing act between making sure you're producing something that's financially and technically viable, and making sure that you build up your reputation for consistency and trustworthiness. A dev who starts a project, finishes it, and then starts a second one tends to be seen as more trustworthy in the eyes of the audience than a developer who starts a project, abandons it, and then starts a new one. That dev could have perfectly valid reasons for doing so, but without that history of consistency, the audience may not care. I ain't saying that it's right, but it's how things tend to be.

With that said, Sugarmint's reasons for starting a second project (more widespread appeal, avoiding burnout, etc.) are certainly valid, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since this is only their second project. But I can see how more jaded members of the F95 community would look at this, see a dev who hasn't finished one project and is starting a second, and feel like there's some red flags there.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
To answer your question SugarMint its definitly the overall. As some one else also mentioned above, the UI was more streamlined, and i liked the character art/dress-up doll that showed your MC.

But as i said, i am willing to wait and see how this goes, cause the storyline was what brought it all together. Maybe the new art style will grow on me.

Good luck, be watching the thread.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020

That's a pretty immature view of what life is like as a developer. Nobody is out there milking patrons, it's very difficult to gather support for a project considering literally anyone worldwide can start their own project and people need to notice you in a sea of projects.

In addition to that, the unity version and the text version are literally the same game/premise in different engines. There's a bigger audience for 2D games and I thought it's worth a try. The text game is also still getting content.

To answer your question SugarMint its definitly the overall. As some one else also mentioned above, the UI was more streamlined, and i liked the character art/dress-up doll that showed your MC.

But as i said, i am willing to wait and see how this goes, cause the storyline was what brought it all together. Maybe the new art style will grow on me.

Good luck, be watching the thread.
Thanks. Well, it's the first version. The important thing is that every iteration brings an improvement to the unity version, in UX and otherwise.

Reactions: Ninthja
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes