RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
why scamo-mancer? that's the rep the devs have?
Yeah, this was a scam. They spent years living off the money they got from Patreon because of this game without delivering anything (curiously enough the updates stopped exactly when their account changed from per update payment to per month payment), just recently they began a "side-project" which became the main project. I think that one actually gets updates... for now at least.

Reactions: CheatCode and Xhak

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Incompetent - maybe. As a novice dev myself - I understand that people are not too interested in playing trivial puzzle dress-up games, thou such games are easy to make. More than that - people are not interested in donating to such projects at all. As a novice developer I want my project to bring me enough income to make living and thrive from this income, making more games or better games or increase quality of what I'm doing.
Plus - one thing is to study game development/design/etc... the other thing - is to make games. Big companies has whole departments that research all kind of stuff, what people like, how they like it and etc... novice dev's - has no such luxury, so we make what are capable to make using resources and tools, that available for us.
Important! I'm not defending developer of MATM at all! From my point of view this team gained more resources in few month, than many developers won't make in a years, and even if whole team is lost(for example everyone say, that that had enough, and don't want to work with you anymore) - with this resources it's possible to replace all team, and continue to make project.

What I see in their activity now - they make game, that they are capable to do, and from what I see - they still receive impressive support, which means - they do good job, even if I may not like it.
I wouldn't be so sure if those research teams are worth all that money. Just see the trash the AAAs are putting in nowadays. Microtransactions are a thing everybody knows gamers hate, and they keep shoving it into every single game they can. Who big now cares to make good games, they just want to milk the players and still believe that shoving woke content in it gonna make it sell, forgetting that those people aren't the ones who buy games in the first place. I'd trust much more in the gut feeling of a true gamer than all those teams paid in gold by AAAs. If you doubt it, just see Hollow Knight, one in a million, yes, but they didn't have a big team or much money.

Reactions: Apxangel9

Ummmh

Apr 27, 2018
why scamo-mancer? that's the rep the devs have?
See release date.
See how un-iterated the game still is.
See the game is listed "ABANDONED".
See that every other post is PEEVED the game was 100% dumped, with no changes ever again, despite promises upon promises, just to release a different game that itself has barely any changes made, once or twice a year.
And then..
You be the judge

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah, this was a scam. They spent years living off the money they got from Patreon because of this game without delivering anything (curiously enough the updates stopped exactly when their account changed from per update payment to per month payment), just recently they began a "side-project" which became the main project. I think that one actually gets updates... for now at least.
the "side-project" is getting "updates".
tl;dr still the same scam. barely anything per month. reskinned animations etc. fresh new animations around 3-5 months interval.... no gameplay changes at all or story

• Sad
Reactions: Unknown Developer

Impl0dedcrev

Jun 25, 2018
the "side-project" is getting "updates".
tl;dr still the same scam. barely anything per month. reskinned animations etc. fresh new animations around 3-5 months interval.... no gameplay changes at all or story
like honestly tho, I've seen at most a few models they made for the game and that's about it, the actual gameplay of the "side project" is a generic sidescroller beat em up, with below average controls and almost no "content" in it considering the game is not even half as good as any MATM demo ever created.
it baffles me that people still say this is not a scam.

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
like honestly tho, I've seen at most a few models they made for the game and that's about it, the actual gameplay of the "side project" is a generic sidescroller beat em up, with below average controls and almost no "content" in it considering the game is not even half as good as any MATM demo ever created.
it baffles me that people still say this is not a scam.
It absolutely is a scam, but im gonna wank to it anyway.
i ain't coughing up a single dime.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I patroned them for this game, I was blown away with the 3D rendering, promises and promotional content. It was all going well until Ero made an epic promise! It was all about outfits and some quick maths would mean the images needed for the game would majorly multiply. Dropped out and watched this game fade away.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes