Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If, for some strange reason, you're unable to use Windows Update to download and install updates for your operating system, you can use . Make sure you download the most recent version.

I have included screenshots on how to use this utility.. Make sure you select the correct updates for your operating system (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit).

Please note: You can not download x64 updates for a 32 bit operating system and vice versa. So make certain that you are downloading updates for the correct system architecture.

If you don't know whether you're running a 32-bit OS or 64-bit OS, go here:

WSUS Offline Update supports Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Once you download WSUS Offline Update,
  1. Extract the archive to C:\
  2. Open the "wsusoffline" folder
  3. Run "UpdateGenerator.exe"
  4. Select your operating system and architecture (see first image)
  5. Click "Start"
  6. Once files are downloaded, the updates will be stored in the "client" folder (see third image)
  7. Run the "Update" batch file.
  8. Once updates are installed, restart your computer and redo steps 2 - 7 until no more updates are found.
As shown in the second image, I'm downloading updates for a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Reactions: RWaites and Carlo S

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
How to extract MotH using .
  1. Right click on the archive and select "7-Zip" (see step1.jpg)
  2. Select "Open Archive" (see step2.jpg)
  3. Highlight the folder (see step3.jpg)
  4. Click the "Extract" button
  5. When the "Copy To:" dialog box appears, type: C:\ and click "OK" (see step4.jpg)
  6. When completed, the files will be in C:\man of the house v0.7.8 (extra) (see extracted files.jpg)
Make sure you copy your saves from the earlier version's "savegames" folder to the newer version's "savegames" folder before playing.

Reactions: RWaites and Carlo S

velzz

Jun 13, 2018
Anybody can help me with this:
Anytime i launch the game after the unity logo the game freezes in a black screen, it's weird cause in the v.0.7.6b this doesnt happens. Can anybody help me? i really want to play this game

velzz

Jun 13, 2018
ok, i figured it out!!!! LOL so it seems like i was using the mod that they provided (wich the mod is quiet outdated) i deleted the mod and play the game as is. and EUREKA!!!!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If you're seeing names listed in the game as "???" or getting a black screen when using the IC patch, you're most likely using an outdated mapping.xml file. Download the latest mapping file .

Reactions: Carlo S

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
If you're seeing names listed in the game as "???" or getting a black screen when using the IC patch, you're most likely using an outdated mapping.xml file. Download the latest mapping file .
Brother, I don't know if the last patch in OP is working, the Lewd Patch was with some issue, maybe is better use this one :):):)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Brother, I don't know if the last patch in OP is working, the Lewd Patch was with some issue, maybe is better use this one :):):)
It's been fixed. The file size was smaller and it was missing a lot of names in it, but the one on Lewd Patcher is ok now.

MurkyLOL

Feb 20, 2018
So i get this message and cant save game, started new one too btw (day1 cant save XD), the game is the vanilla one with patch, no mods, does my pc hate me or something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So i get this message and cant save game, started new one too btw (day1 cant save XD), the game is the vanilla one with patch, no mods, does my pc hate me or something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right click on your .SAV file (in the savegames folder), select "Properties" and see if the "read-only" and/or "hidden" attributes are checked. If so, uncheck them. If there are no .SAV files, then copy the older saves from the previous version's savegames folder and paste them into the newer version's savegames folder.

Nefratum

Oct 10, 2017
Hi...

The game is crashing everytime I have sex scene with Ashley after first date... always in same time and because of this i cannot progress with the game. Is there an fix or something that will allow me to complete this stage ?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hi...

The game is crashing everytime I have sex scene with Ashley after first date... always in same time and because of this i cannot progress with the game. Is there an fix or something that will allow me to complete this stage ?
Are you using a patch to change from landlady to mom and roommates to sister? If so, you're probably using an older one. Replace the file with one and try playing the game. If it's still causing the same problems, let me know and please also include whether you're using Windows, Mac or Linux.

Nefratum

Oct 10, 2017
Are you using a patch to change from landlady to mom and roommates to sister? If so, you're probably using an older one. Replace the file with one and try playing the game. If it's still causing the same problems, let me know and please also include whether you're using Windows, Mac or Linux.
I'm using newest patch but to make sure i downloaded it once again from your link. Still getting crashes at same point.

Windows 10.

Its when those + / - are popping up (probably to zoom? dunno) on right side of screen when sex scene is ongoing.

@@@EDIT!

So I'v just found a reason for this... Its because of my native language (polish). When i changed game to english it worked just fine so...

Reactions: Faerin and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm using newest patch but to make sure i downloaded it once again from your link. Still getting crashes at same point.

Windows 10.

Its when those + / - are popping up (probably to zoom? dunno) on right side of screen when sex scene is ongoing.

@@@EDIT!

So I'v just found a reason for this... Its because of my native language (polish). When i changed game to english it worked just fine so...
No, the + / - allows you to speed up or slow down the animation.

Simsim

Apr 29, 2017
Okay, so the game dosent work for me at all. I have downloaded the incest patch and the mod. exstracted them to the right place. when i start the game i see the unity sign and the screen just stays black after that. help would be appriciatet. never played the game and i was looking forward to it xD

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Okay, so the game dosent work for me at all. I have downloaded the incest patch and the mod. exstracted them to the right place. when i start the game i see the unity sign and the screen just stays black after that. help would be appriciatet. never played the game and i was looking forward to it XD
You only need the patch, not the mod. Make sure that mapping.xml is 3.62KB in size. If it's not, you need the more recent mapping file from Lewd Patcher.

Elssa

May 13, 2018
Can't change language (50% of all don't switch). Also can't use my old saves

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Can't change language (50% of all don't switch). Also can't use my old saves
Did you copy your old saves from the savegames folder into the new version's savegames folder?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
tried it but got message update not applicable for my system... tried both 64 and 32 bit .... any other fix? thanks
You're running into the DirectX error message?

Okay, what you can do is open Control Panel
  1. Run the Windows Update applet
  2. Click, "View update history"
  3. Click, "Installed updates" (wait for the list to populate)
  4. In the "Search installed updates" box, copy and paste this: KB2670838
See if that shows up in your list. If it doesn't, that's the update you're missing. So you will need to go back to the main Windows Update screen and select "Check for updates". Once the search is completed, check to see if it shows you "Optional" updates available. The update you need (for DirectX 11) will be among that list.

Once you've downloaded and installed those updates, a system restart is required. Once you restart, you will be able to play MotH. :)

Jan 21, 2018
Guyz i'm having problem changing my resolution and because of it the game doesn't start...

please help.... thanks a lot