Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Guyz i'm having problem changing my resolution and because of it the game doesn't start...

please help.... thanks a lot
Look at this post: . It will have instructions for you to follow for Windows. If that doesn't work, please let me know.

diegodaniell

Jul 22, 2018
Friend @Sycho , I've done all the steps of updates that you passed and none worked for me, this error of resolution still persists. Do you know anything else?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Friend @Sycho , I've done all the steps of updates that you passed and none worked for me, this error of resolution still persists. Do you know anything else?
Have you tried using WSUS Offline Update? Also, if you could tell me which version of Windows you're using, that would help me narrow down what you can do. But start with WSUS Offline Update first.

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
I downloaded the game again and used the new mapping still crashes during the animations with the speed up slow down options,I have windows 7 x64.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I downloaded the game again and used the new mapping still crashes during the animations with the speed up slow down options,I have windows 7 x64.
There's a possibility of three things that might be causing this problem:
  1. You're using a cheat mod (different from the incest patch - mapping.xml) in which case you'd need to delete the mod since cheats are already added to the game via the phone (man in the black hat).
  2. There's something wrong with your save (it's possible it might be corrupt or manually changed at some point in time).
  3. You're playing 7.9 instead of 7.9b. Non-English speaking players had problems with version 7.9, so a hotfix to address the missing cheat app and languages for Non-English speaking users were corrected.
My suggestion would be to start up a new game (as a test) and see if you're experiencing the same problems. If not, then it's your other save that's causing problems. Otherwise, download the newer version and try that.

If you're able to see the Unity logo and actually play the game, you're not missing anything required for it. :)

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
There's a possibility of three things that might be causing this problem:
  1. You're using a cheat mod (different from the incest patch - mapping.xml) in which case you'd need to delete the mod since cheats are already added to the game via the phone (man in the black hat).
  2. There's something wrong with your save (it's possible it might be corrupt or manually changed at some point in time).
  3. You're playing 7.9 instead of 7.9b. Non-English speaking players had problems with version 7.9, so a hotfix to address the missing cheat app and languages for Non-English speaking users were corrected.
My suggestion would be to start up a new game (as a test) and see if you're experiencing the same problems. If not, then it's your other save that's causing problems. Otherwise, download the newer version and try that.

If you're able to see the Unity logo and actually play the game, you're not missing anything required for it. :)
I'm using the latest incest patch no mod,i do have 7.9b and my save is good.I'll try a game without the incest patch see how that goes. thanks

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm using the latest incest patch no mod,i do have 7.9b and my save is good.I'll try a game without the incest patch see how that goes. thanks
That's also a good idea to try as well and if you don't notice any problems then the updated mapping file was the problem.

Here's one I personally made myself that you could try, but in the meantime, just in case it might be a bug, I'll tag @Faerin so that he can take a look at the thread to see what might be going on. If you could attach your save game, I'll take a look and see if I replicate the problem on my end.

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
That's also a good idea to try as well and if you don't notice any problems then the updated mapping file was the problem.

Here's one I personally made myself that you could try, but in the meantime, just in case it might be a bug, I'll tag @Faerin so that he can take a look at the thread to see what might be going on. If you could attach your save game, I'll take a look and see if I replicate the problem on my end.
Heres the save right before one of the animated scenes,its with Sophia.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Heres the save right before one of the animated scenes,its with Sophia.
Hmmm.. I didn't notice any problems throughout the scene in the sauna with Sophia. It played fine for me and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Is this the new save from a fresh start or is this the save you've been experiencing the crashing game with?

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
Hmmm.. I didn't notice any problems throughout the scene in the sauna with Sophia. It played fine for me and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Is this the new save from a fresh start or is this the save you've been experiencing the crashing game with?
It's the one i've been having trouble with,ok well now i know it's on my end and not the game. thanks for the help

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
You need codecs. Download and install K Lite Codec pack.
Codecs aren't needed. It's DirectX that users are missing. Either they're using an outdated version of DirectX or it's not installed on the machine. That was verified by running the game in a Windows 7 and Windows 10 virtual machine with no codecs of any kind installed. Once DirectX was updated on both machines, the game ran perfectly.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Codecs aren't needed. It's DirectX that users are missing. Either they're using an outdated version of DirectX or it's not installed on the machine. That was verified by running the game in a Windows 7 and Windows 10 virtual machine with no codecs of any kind installed. Once DirectX was updated on both machines, the game ran perfectly.
It looked like codec problem to me, but obviously it's not case.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It looked like codec problem to me, but obviously it's not case.
No, codecs aren't really needed much anymore these days like they were in the past. There's video and audio software that plays practically any format regardless what was used during the encoding process these days that they pretty much are a thing of the past.

Take video players, for instance.. Programs like SMPlayer will play practically any video format available and you don't even need the codecs to watch them.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
No, codecs aren't really needed much anymore these days like they were in the past. There's video and audio software that plays practically any format regardless what was used during the encoding process these days that they pretty much are a thing of the past.

Take video players, for instance.. Programs like SMPlayer will play practically any video format available and you don't even need the codecs to watch them.
Weeeeel, SMplayer is just frontend for Mplayer. MPlayer has built in codecs. Another program you porobablly had in mind is VLC, which also has built in codecs. In, fact in Linux, VLC or Mplayer can be used as system wide codec colections, instead of standard gstreamer. I guess Windows has built in codecs for mp4, now. I hadn't really used Windows since times of Vista. (I still have Virtualbox with few instalations, mainly for word and some not to demanding games, like this).
Anyway, sorry for offtopic.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Weeeeel, SMplayer is just frontend for Mplayer. MPlayer has built in codecs. Another program you porobablly had in mind is VLC, which also has built in codecs. In, fact in Linux, VLC or Mplayer can be used as system wide codec colections, instead of standard gstreamer. I guess Windows has built in codecs for mp4, now. I hadn't really used Windows since times of Vista. (I still have Virtualbox with few instalations, mainly for word and some not to demanding games, like this).
Anyway, sorry for offtopic.
I'm familiar with VLC, though I wasn't too crazy with it. But hey, no worries about the OT discussion. Nothing wrong with a little shop talk now and then. :)

And no, Windows doesn't natively support mp4. At least not Win7.

Reactions: Thermophob

The Tesseract

Oct 22, 2017
Hi, my copy of the game isn't running correctly. After I launch it, the Unity screen appears, disappears, and then black screen. I checked the task manager, it shows zero activity, stuck at 56,1 Mo of RAM.
It's the same for every version I have, does anyone know why it's happening or how to fix it?