Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
and windows 7
Okay, do me a favor? Go into Windows Update, click "View update history", click "Installed Updates" (wait for the list to populate), up in the top right, in a box that says, "Search Installed Updates", copy and paste the following: KB2670838. I'm guessing it won't be found.. In which case, go to the site and click the download button. Select and download this file:
Windows6.1-KB2670838-x86.msu. Install the update and restart your computer.

jjojjo

Jun 29, 2018
hi guys, can anyone help me please i can't save my game progression, every time i want to save i got the following message: "the game could not be saved make sure there no illegal characters in the file name". Don't know what to do please HELP !!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hi guys, can anyone help me please i can't save my game progression, every time i want to save i got the following message: "the game could not be saved make sure there no illegal characters in the file name". Don't know what to do please HELP !!
Illegal characters in the file name would be anything that is Cyrillic such as

Jack Adam

Apr 25, 2018
These instructions are for installing MotH on Mac, however these also (rougly) apply to running Wine on Linux.

The latest Wine Staging doesn't work. You need Wine Staging 2.21. Get it for OSX.

If you're an advanced wine user and have multiple configurations, make sure you update WINEPREFIX to the one you want. If you don't know what this means, you can probably ignore it. More info .

• Install Wine Staging. Feel free to move the app wherever you want.
• Now you need to get winetricks from .
• Run Terminal. Run "sh" if your default shell is not bash.
• Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install
homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip to the next step. Run ruby -e "$(curl -
fsSL )" < /dev/null 2>
/dev/null
• brew install cabextract
• exit
• Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
• cd to the location of winetricks. I put it next to Wine Staging.app.
• sh winetricks corefonts
• You need to install more things to get animations to run. sh winetricks devenum
ffdshow quartz
• Select defaults for the install
• When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder
configuration" and "Finish"
• Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK"
To run, double click Wine Staging.app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the MotH location and type:
wine "man of the house.exe"

If you need to check to see which architecture your version of Wine is, please visit this link for assistance:
These instructions are for installing MotH on Mac, however these also (rougly) apply to running Wine on Linux.

The latest Wine Staging doesn't work. You need Wine Staging 2.21. Get it for OSX.

If you're an advanced wine user and have multiple configurations, make sure you update WINEPREFIX to the one you want. If you don't know what this means, you can probably ignore it. More info .

• Install Wine Staging. Feel free to move the app wherever you want.
• Now you need to get winetricks from .
• Run Terminal. Run "sh" if your default shell is not bash.
• Winetricks will require a package called cabextract. To get that you need to install
homebrew. If you already have it installed, skip to the next step. Run ruby -e "$(curl -
fsSL )" < /dev/null 2>
/dev/null
• brew install cabextract
• exit
• Launch Wine Staging. It will open a shell window in Terminal.
• cd to the location of winetricks. I put it next to Wine Staging.app.
• sh winetricks corefonts
• You need to install more things to get animations to run. sh winetricks devenum
ffdshow quartz
• Select defaults for the install
• When you get "Completing the ffdshow Setup Wizard", select "Run video decoder
configuration" and "Finish"
• Click "Tray, dialog & paths", then "Tray icons:" "None", "OK"
To run, double click Wine Staging.app. In the Terminal window that pops up, cd to the MotH location and type:
wine "man of the house.exe"

If you need to check to see which architecture your version of Wine is, please visit this link for assistance:
How can I download the WIne Staging? I clicked it and it showed me a website with a bunch of codes but no download button ? Also when I click the Winetrick it happened the same and this time not even a button or link???

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
How can I download the WIne Staging? I clicked it and it showed me a website with a bunch of codes but no download button ? Also when I click the Winetrick it happened the same and this time not even a button or link???
I'm not a Mac or Linux user, so I'm not able to assist you. However, you could ask @goobdoob since he was kind enough to do the write up of this guide for Mac/Linux.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm not a Mac or Linux user, so I'm not able to assist you. However, you could ask @goobdoob since he was kind enough to do the write up of this guide for Mac/Linux.
I see the problem - the link in the post is wrong. It goes straight to the github portal. It should be the direct link to the Wine Staging 2.21 app:

Different Linux distros are listed here:

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I see the problem - the link in the post is wrong. It goes straight to the github portal. It should be the direct link to the Wine Staging 2.21 app:

Ah, thanks for the link! I'll make the necessary changes.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018

Linux distros have them in their own repositories, too. Even famous 2.21.

hazhar@944

Jun 13, 2018
Hello friends i have problem with resolution on my pc which using windows 7 64 bit. I can't even see the phone clearly on the game .....its half.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello friends i have problem with resolution on my pc which using windows 7 64 bit. I can't even see the phone clearly on the game .....its half.
That would have to do with your monitor's resolution. What's the highest resolution that your monitor will support? Right click in a blank area on your desktop and select "Screen resolution".