Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
NO IT IS A NOT
Okay, then you may need to update the drivers to your graphics card. Do you know what video card you have installed?
  1. Go into Control Panel.
  2. Open Device Manager.
  3. Click the arrow beside "Display adapters".

hazhar@944

Jun 13, 2018
Okay, then you may need to update the drivers to your graphics card. Do you know what video card you have installed?
  1. Go into Control Panel.
  2. Open Device Manager.
  3. Click the arrow beside "Display adapters".
yes update no game paly

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
yes update no game paly
What you can try is do what I did in this screenshot. Set your monitor's resolution to 1280 x 1024 and set the game's resolution to 1280 x 720. Also, try to access the phone when you click play and click the gear icon in the lower right. Select "Full screen".

burnremail

Mar 5, 2018
I'm getting a resolution switch error. im at 1024 and its trying to switch to 1024. before you say its update or something else dumb I'm win 7 64 bit and its not an update. Its something with how it is calling DX11.
Crashes on full screen and fails to window on windowed mode. I noticed the exe file has shrunk considerably since the last version.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm getting a resolution switch error. im at 1024 and its trying to switch to 1024. before you say its update or something else dumb I'm win 7 64 bit and its not an update. Its something with how it is calling DX11.
Crashes on full screen and fails to window on windowed mode. I noticed the exe file has shrunk considerably since the last version.
Try increasing the resolution to something higher than 1024 x 768 both in your monitor and in the game. If you're monitor supports 1920 x 1080, use that instead, or use what's "recommended" for your monitor's resolution. Match that resolution in the game. Also, if you can, go into the phone and click the gear icon (lower right) and select "Limit frame rate (30FPS)".

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Tried 1366x768 and it's still wonky View attachment 135936
That may be due to a ratio issue then. MotH supports a ratio of 16:9, but I'll tag @Faerin to ask for his input. But I'm guessing you may run into that problem no matter what resolution setting you use.

I've seen a few others have this same problem with the images overlapping each other on the left-hand side of the game screen and it's usually due to the ratio.

Reactions: Faerin

sinisterfootwear

Jun 17, 2018
That may be due to a ratio issue then. MotH supports a ratio of 16:9, but I'll tag @Faerin to ask for his input. But I'm guessing you may run into that problem no matter what resolution setting you use.

I've seen a few others have this same problem with the images overlapping each other on the left-hand side of the game screen and it's usually due to the ratio.
Okay thanks for the help, will try and make a change, great game works fantastic on my desktop, l'm on the road and have my old laptop. Thanks again.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Okay thanks for the help, will try and make a change, great game works fantastic on my desktop, l'm on the road and have my old laptop. Thanks again.
You're welcome. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be much help.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017

I don't have much to add to that, unfortunately.
This usually occurs on low resolutions and/or unsupported aspect ratios.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't have much to add to that, unfortunately.
This usually occurs on low resolutions and/or unsupported aspect ratios.
We should make screen stretchers a thing. With whom do we contact about this? This needs funding. :)

Reactions: Faerin

Oblivion90

Jul 18, 2017
Why can't I see letters in every game that's made with Unity? I have Linux Mint 19 Tara and I'm using latest stable Wine.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Why can't I see letters in every game that's made with Unity? I have Linux Mint 19 Tara and I'm using latest stable Wine.
I've not seen this problem before. If you're able to see the game, you should be able to see the text as well.

Not being a Linux user, I'd recommend looking at the Linux/Mac installation guide just to see if you might be missing something needed.

*EDIT*

I noticed that continue is locked (first time player?). What happens when you start a new game? Are you able to see the dialog within the game?