Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Sorry, misunderstood your question - no animations work for me.
ah! There is your problem! :D

Explanation: The game (this means the user who runs the game) has no permission to access the StreamingAsset folder in his current directory.

Solution: Either you fix your permission for the entire game folder or you extract (unpack) the game on your main drive (C:\) - best option would be your desktop .

This should fix the animation problem, when you have installed the latest version of K-Lite Codecs and animation doesn't work in the game.

peekayy

May 5, 2018
Faulting application name: man of the house.exe, version: 2018.1.0.13845, time stamp: 0x5a5f3762
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.0.13845, time stamp: 0x5a5f3953
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x008bcccf
Faulting process ID: 0x2064
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4cd6078cd7aec
Faulting application path: C:\Users\%USER%\Downloads\Mega\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\man of the house.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\%USER%\Downloads\Mega\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: 4ba0bac6-aa0a-4e47-9126-534a65df74c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

What the hell can be causing this? :( Never had this before on any other Unity games :(

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Faulting application name: man of the house.exe, version: 2018.1.0.13845, time stamp: 0x5a5f3762
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.0.13845, time stamp: 0x5a5f3953
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x008bcccf
Faulting process ID: 0x2064
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4cd6078cd7aec
Faulting application path: C:\Users\%USER%\Downloads\Mega\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\man of the house.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\%USER%\Downloads\Mega\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\Man of the house v0.9.0 (extra)\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: 4ba0bac6-aa0a-4e47-9126-534a65df74c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

What the hell can be causing this? :( Never had this before on any other Unity games :(
Is that seen when you're trying to unpack the RAR or while downloading?

aqwer2049

Nov 1, 2017
HI ALL

installed the latest version of K-Lite Codecs is done
Folder in c
win 8.1
animations not work for me

why video not working
help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I extract using WinRAR, and run the .exe inside :( Every other game works for me, but this one doesnt :(
Use instead of WinRAR.

After you install 7-Zip, follow these steps...
  1. Right click on the RAR to bring up a sub menu.
  2. Select "7-Zip".
  3. Select "Open Archive".
  4. Left click on "Man of the House v0.9.0 (extras)" once to highlight the folder (so it turns blue).
  5. Click the "Extract" button.
  6. In the "Copy To:" box, type: C:\ then click "OK".
The files will then be extracted to C:\Man of the House v0.9.0 (extras)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
HI ALL

installed the latest version of K-Lite Codecs is done
Folder in c
win 8.1
animations not work for me

why video not working
help
It's likely you're missing updates for Windows 8.1. Check Windows Update to see if you're missing any important or optional updates, install them and restart your computer. Then try playing.

Also, check to see if you have DirectX installed and that it's current.

To see which version of DX you have, press the Window key and the R key to bring up a Run dialog box. Type: dxdiag then click OK.

aqwer2049

Nov 1, 2017
It's likely you're missing updates for Windows 8.1. Check Windows Update to see if you're missing any important or optional updates, install them and restart your computer. Then try playing.

Also, check to see if you have DirectX installed and that it's current.

To see which version of DX you have, press the Window key and the R key to bring up a Run dialog box. Type: dxdiag then click OK.
Thanks for the reply I have DirectX 11
win 8.1 No updates are turned off
why need updates ..... game is work will but video is not woking
i installed netfrmework 3.5 .4.7
c++

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for the reply I have DirectX 11
win 8.1 No updates are turned off
why need updates ..... game is work will but video is not woking
i installed netfrmework 3.5 .4.7
c++
Well, that would explain why you're running into problems.

Updates and hotfixes are necessary to fix problems or known security issues in the operating system. Without having that protection, you're leaving your operating system and any important files you have open for attack.

Reactions: aqwer2049

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Well, I use Nvidia GTX 1050 graphic card with RAM 8Gb.
You system is more as sufficient to handle the animation. This brings us to this options:
- Update or downgrade your drivers for your GPU.
- Check Win10 for updates + optional updates.
- DirectX update (Which version of DirectX do you have?).
- Update your video codes: Either through windows update or external codec Packs like K-Lite.

Further questions:
Do you notices some strange sounds form your GPU, like loud fan noises?
Unusual high temperature during animations?
Unusual memory usage (spikes) during animations?

EDIT:
How to check DX version in Windows:
1) Press the Windows key and the R key to bring up a "Run" dialog box.
2) Type: dxdiag 3) Click "OK".

Windows 10 should have DX 12 installed.

Reactions: Sycho

balhoute

Jan 26, 2019
I can't run the game. It's not loading. I've check Task Manager, it show up for few second then disappeared, no error, nothing..

I'm using window 10 64bit. I still can play older version. But new 0.9.0 is not working for me

Weipa

Jun 18, 2017
i just tried to begin playing after a while, think last was .80 version or so, had never problems but now i dont have sounds on my realtek digital audio(its where my speakers are installed) if i change to normal realtek(headset instaleld) or my nvidia hdmi(tv) there is sound
maybe somebody has an idea why
greets

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I can't run the game. It's not loading. I've check Task Manager, it show up for few second then disappeared, no error, nothing..

I'm using window 10 64bit. I still can play older version. But new 0.9.0 is not working for me
Sorry, did not get a notification from this thread.... o_O

However, do you have Citrix installed on your computer?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i just tried to begin playing after a while, think last was .80 version or so, had never problems but now i dont have sounds on my realtek digital audio(its where my speakers are installed) if i change to normal realtek(headset instaleld) or my nvidia hdmi(tv) there is sound
maybe somebody has an idea why
greets
Click the Settings icon (cogs) on the phone and see if you have sound enabled in the game. If that doesn't work, check your volume control to make sure that you don't have your audio on "mute" or the volume down.

Lastly, if none of the above work, restart the Windows Audio Service.

Open up a command prompt and type the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Weipa

Jun 18, 2017
Click the Settings icon (cogs) on the phone and see if you have sound enabled in the game. If that doesn't work, check your volume control to make sure that you don't have your audio on "mute" or the volume down.

Lastly, if none of the above work, restart the Windows Audio Service.

Open up a command prompt and type the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv
didn't work,
every other sound works fine over digital output, but a while ago i wanted to try Anthem beta, had the same problem, sound only worked on headphone and hdmi...
use win10 prof, all newest win and driver updates