Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I live in u.s.a virginia so no not the second one but what about the first one tpm lockout one is it needed for the game
No, that's not required either for MotH to play and it's not really important to the OS either unless you experience or have experienced Trusted Platform Module (TPM) lockouts.

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
No, that's not required either for MotH to play and it's not really important to the OS either unless you experience or have experienced Trusted Platform Module (TPM) lockouts.
ok I will do a restart of the pc and check the game again I hope it will work now... would having k-lite basic instead of k-lite full help any I put k-lite full on last nite it didn't work I also put on a webm program that was listed on a help forum not sure if it was here or a different one

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
ok I will do a restart of the pc and check the game again I hope it will work now... would having k-lite basic instead of k-lite full help any I put k-lite full on last nite it didn't work I also put on a webm program that was listed on a help forum not sure if it was here or a different one
I have K-Lite basic installed, so if you need it, the basic will do just fine. Most important is that you have DX installed. Which version you need depends on what the OS is..

Win7 uses DX 11 (requires the ).
Windows 10 uses DX 12 (comes with Windows Updates).

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
I have K-Lite basic installed, so if you need it, the basic will do just fine. Most important is that you have DX installed. Which version you need depends on what the OS is..

Win7 uses DX 11 (requires the ).
Windows 10 uses DX 12 (comes with Windows Updates).
I took a downloaded both the x64 and x86 it says not compatable with my pc maybe I have direct 11 already

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I took a downloaded both the x64 and x86 it says not compatable with my pc maybe I have direct 11 already
Well, you can find out by bringing up a Run dialog box and typing: dxdiag

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
anything else that may work for this game I don't have a updated desktop pc the one I have is windows xp with a geforce video card my laptop is more up to date than the other one...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
anything else that may work for this game I don't have a updated desktop pc the one I have is windows xp with a geforce video card my laptop is more up to date than the other one...
Unfortunately MotH won't work on XP anymore due to the upgraded Unity engine that was used to build the game.

If you're using an ATI Radeon graphics card on your present system, I would check to see if there's updates for the drivers. If you're using the drivers with CCC (Catalyst Control Center), uninstall that and install the Adrenaline drivers instead.

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
Unfortunately it won't work on XP anymore due to the upgraded Unity engine that was used to build the game.

If you're using an ATI Radeon graphics card on your present system, I would check to see if there's updates for the drivers. If you're using the drivers with CCC (Catalyst Control Center), uninstall that and install the Adrenaline drivers instead.
I have the ccc got a link for Adrenaline driver or do i google it

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
may have to change drivers later like you said drop ccc and get Adrenaline
as far as radeon goes it is up to date check it last night

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have the ccc got a link for Adrenaline driver or do i google it
It should be on the drivers page at ATI's website. I would suggest checking the manufacturer's website instead but I would be willing to bet the driver could be outdated.

What you could do is download and use ATI's auto detect tool for your GPU. That will get you the drivers you need. Try to avoid CCC if at all possible. In my previous experience with that particular driver, I've had my screen flicker off and on every few seconds. So I avoid it like the plague. :)

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
It should be on the drivers page at ATI's website. I would suggest checking the manufacturer's website instead but I would be willing to bet the driver could be outdated.

What you could do is download and use ATI's auto detect tool for your GPU. That will get you the drivers you need. Try to avoid CCC if at all possible. In my previous experience with that particular driver, I've had my screen flicker off and on every few seconds. So I avoid it like the plague. :)
Ok sounds good i will check it out later I think I may try ati's auto tool not sure

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have the ati's auto detect tool how do i uninstall ccc from my pc i found 2 different amd catalyst things
Go into Control Panel and click the "Programs and Features" applet (not sure what Win8 and above call it). You should see it listed there.

If you have an AMD chipset on the motherboard, that would account for the other AMD installation you're noticing. But that shouldn't be named with CCC in mind (to the best of my recollection).

I would Google the specs for your laptop to be sure that's not the case so you don't uninstall the wrong driver.

A thought had occurred to me, though it's more of a "last resort" kinda thing, but with you using a hybrid version of Windows, I would consider reinstalling your OS. Though I would highly suggest backing up any important data you have that you don't want to lose. If that's something you might be interested in, I'd be willing to help in any way that I can. I have a clean ISO for Win7 Ultimate (64-bit) that you can install onto a flash drive. I'm in the same timezone as you are (I'm in Ohio - hey, neighbor! lol), so I'm available practically 24/7.

Iceman3248

Apr 24, 2018
Go into Control Panel and click the "Programs and Features" applet (not sure what Win8 and above call it). You should see it listed there.

If you have an AMD chipset on the motherboard, that would account for the other AMD installation you're noticing. But that shouldn't be named with CCC in mind (to the best of my recollection).

I would Google the specs for your laptop to be sure that's not the case so you don't uninstall the wrong driver.

A thought had occurred to me, though it's more of a "last resort" kinda thing, but with you using a hybrid version of Windows, I would consider reinstalling your OS. Though I would highly suggest backing up any important data you have that you don't want to lose. If that's something you might be interested in, I'd be willing to help in any way that I can. I have a clean ISO for Win7 Ultimate (64-bit) that you can install onto a flash drive. I'm in the same timezone as you are (I'm in Ohio - hey, neighbor! lol), so I'm available practically 24/7.
No shit ohio I have family up there as far as the laptop goes I just found out that it is window 8 now I guess all the updating changed it from win 7 to win 8 I don't think I can update it again to win 10 don't know the spec for win 10 it not likely to run in here and if it did would run slow that just won't work for me
under device manager the only amd things it reads is 1 Amd radeon hd 7340 graphics 2 is two amd e2-2000 with radeon(tm) hd graphics
3 is a Amd SMBus 4 amd SATA Controller

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No shit ohio I have family up there as far as the laptop goes I just found out that it is window 8 now I guess all the updating changed it from win 7 to win 8 I don't think I can update it again to win 10 don't know the spec for win 10 it not likely to run in here and if it did would run slow that just won't work for me
under device manager the only amd things it reads is 1 Amd radeon hd 7340 graphics 2 is two amd e2-2000 with radeon(tm) hd graphics
3 is a Amd SMBus 4 amd SATA Controller
I would update the drivers for the HD 7340 card. The others shouldn't need any updates, but don't quote me on that.