Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

FlySC

May 23, 2020
Hello! I am running into an issue, whenever I get a scene where I can zoom in, the scene doesnt progress, it exhausts dialogue options and then it stays on the last image. Clicking the + and - changes the zoom bar but not the view and it just stays stuck on that screen without means to progress.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hello! I am running into an issue, whenever I get a scene where I can zoom in, the scene doesnt progress, it exhausts dialogue options and then it stays on the last image. Clicking the + and - changes the zoom bar but not the view and it just stays stuck on that screen without means to progress.
That is supposed to be a speed control, not zoom. Are you not seeing the animations?

FlySC

May 23, 2020
If you are on windows, try getting the K Light codec pack.
Redownloaded game, installed codecs still nothing. Any ideas what else could cause this? What does the game use to run the cutscenes, I have had troubles with cutscenes in some games before, maybe I am missing some software? Thanks for the help and the quick replies btw

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Redownloaded game, installed codecs still nothing. Any ideas what else could cause this? What does the game use to run the cutscenes, I have had troubles with cutscenes in some games before, maybe I am missing some software? Thanks for the help and the quick replies btw
The next thing I would probably suggest would be to update your video drivers.
What are you running? What is your OS, what video card do you have?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The next thing I would probably suggest would be to update your video drivers.
What are you running? What is your OS, what video card do you have?
Do as Devian suggest, and update your GPU drivers.

Another option you can try is to extract a fresh copy of the game on your desktop. Possible that at the current directory the game doesn't have sufficient permission to access the video files.

Reactions: TheDevian

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This one?
As suspect, you stored the game on a different drive. Extract a fresh copy of the game on your desktop and check if the videos work or not. It they work (e.g. main menu) move the game to your F:/ drive.
[AVProVideo] Opening F:/Man of the House v1.0.2c (extra)/Man of the house_Data/StreamingAssets\Main/intro.mp4

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Still the same error it seems, now opening from the desktop.
Now you have a different issue.
[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources.
Options:
1. Install K-Lite Codes Mega Pack (again).
2. Make sure your protection software (AV, Windows Defender) do not block the game. Add the game to the exception list.
3. Make sure Windows use your GeForce card and not your on-board graphic card (if you have one)

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
i cant continue with veronica story , i keep asking her to do the house cleaning but i got no point for it

بدون عنوان.png

anyone know how to fix these pleas ?

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
Wrong thread..

Check on her at noon when you assign her a chore to do.

sorry for that , but i cant get in her room after noon , its stay locked until she dress to get out
i give her the assign in the morning at breakfast , can you pleas tell me how to do it right ?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
sorry for that , but i cant get in her room after noon , its stay locked until she dress to get out
i give her the assign in the morning at breakfast , can you pleas tell me how to do it right ?
She won't be in her room, but in the room doing her chore, like the bathroom doing laundry, or the kitchen mopping.

Reactions: Sycho and angel6666

pollator

Aug 3, 2020
Hi there!.

I've installed this game on Linux using Lutris.

In wintricks I've added ffdshow and quartz and in winecfg I've disabled winegstreamer but I can't see the videos. I get a black screen with a message saying "Error: failed to play video". I can continue playing until I pass the video and then stills appear again but I sense I am missing part of the fun.

I also have to play the game windowed at 1680x1050. If I try to play at 1920x1080 (native resolution) the game gets stuck at the "made with unity" screen.

CPU: i7 9750H
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: RTX 2060

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi there!.

In wintricks I've added ffdshow and quartz and in winecfg I've disabled winegstreamer but I can't see the videos. I get a black screen with a message saying "Error: failed to play video". I can continue playing until I pass the video and then stills appear again but I sense I am missing part of the fun.

I also have to play the game windowed at 1680x1050. If I try to play at 1920x1080 (native resolution) the game gets stuck at the "made with unity" screen.

While I don't know much about Linux, it sounds like you need the video codecs. Try to see if you can get something like k-lite codec pack for it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi there!.

Try to install devenum too.

I think you also need to set up a virtual window in size of your resolution to avoid the freeze. Check winecfg for that and unmark window decoration too.