Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

pollator

Aug 3, 2020
Thank you for the suggestions.

However changing compatibility mode to windows 7 crashes the game.

Changing to virtual window doesn't help either. What I ended up doing is creating a virtual window (1920x1080) but playing the game windowd ar 1600x1050. At least this way if the cursor exists the window game it's still inside the virtual window and it can be recovered.

But I still have the problem of not being able to play videos.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thank you for the suggestions.

However changing compatibility mode to windows 7 crashes the game.

Changing to virtual window doesn't help either. What I ended up doing is creating a virtual window (1920x1080) but playing the game windowd ar 1600x1050. At least this way if the cursor exists the window game it's still inside the virtual window and it can be recovered.

But I still have the problem of not being able to play videos.
There is an installation guide in the archive, check did you do all steps (among the others, did you install devenum via winetricks).

pollator

Aug 3, 2020
There is an installation guide in the archive, check did you do all steps (among the others, did you install devenum via winetricks).
Yes. I've followed the guide and I have installed devenum. When choosing Windows 7 compatibility it appears that the videos could be working. I am saying "it appears" because now I can see videos on the background of the main menu but whenever I click on "New game" or "Continue" the game crashes.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yes. I've followed the guide and I have installed devenum. When choosing Windows 7 compatibility it appears that the videos could be working. I am saying "it appears" because now I can see videos on the background of the main menu but whenever I click on "New game" or "Continue" the game crashes.
Which Wine version do you use in Lutris? Check if devenum and quarz are set to native.

Also, try to use K-Lite codec pack.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Run the game from the terminal.
wine Path/to/the/game/Man\ of\ the\ house.exe
It will show what's problem with the game, although I suspect it might be corrupted savefile or something.

pollator

Aug 3, 2020
Run the game from the terminal.
wine Path/to/the/game/Man\ of\ the\ house.exe
It will show what's problem with the game, although I suspect it might be corrupted savefile or something.
Code:
000d:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe" not found
000b:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (126).
001b:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wineusb": c0000142
0026:err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\devenum.dll"
0026:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} could be created for context 0x1
0026:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
004c:err:ole:CoCreateInstanceEx apartment not initialised
004c:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
wine: configuration in L"/home/gamer/Games/Wine/Man of the House" has been updated.
Mono path[0] = 'C:/Man of the House v1.0.2c (extra)/Man of the house_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'C:/Man of the House v1.0.2c (extra)/Mono/etc'

narutojounin

Aug 30, 2017
Help please, i get the following error whenever i try to start a new game following input of characters name, I am running this off wine staging on mac

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Good day , my problem is with animations . I don't have any , just black screen . please help.
  1. Go into Control Panel, Device Manager, then click on the arrow beside "Display adapters" to expand that and attach a screenshot of that please.
  2. Check that your video card drivers are up to date.

lexisjohnny

Aug 23, 2019
Hey guys.

Slightly different question this time: My animations work, but I'm curious if they're supposed to slightly pause in between loops, as opposed to in the title sequence where the animations seem to be smooth, with no pause?

Because mine pause.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hey guys.

Slightly different question this time: My animations work, but I'm curious if they're supposed to slightly pause in between loops, as opposed to in the title sequence where the animations seem to be smooth, with no pause?

Because mine pause.
It really comes down to the video card you use. Older cards would be more slower than newer cards where the animation would appear nearly seamless while older cards you may notice a slight pause. There's really not much you can do other than upgrade your GPU. Updating the drivers for it won't be much help, but it also wouldn't hurt either. Though it may not make much difference.

Reactions: TheDevian

luxplays

Dec 16, 2017
So extremely stupid question here,
I just downloaded the game again after some time and I can't seem to save the game. After I save in game and I close it, it doesn't save in the file itself so when I open the game again I have to start all over again. Any clues as to what I need to do to fix this?