Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
Femdom is a big buzzkiller for me, too (unless it's Lesdom), and I also have no interest in piloting the MC through a period of submitting to her, unless there's going to be a huge reversal (and I do mean huge), with him getting her completely under his thumb. And even in that event, I really don't know how much of her in a dominant role I would be willing to play through.

This game is one of my "best in class" picks (It's a really fantastic game.), so I'm hoping that this storyline doesn't ruin things for me.
Same to be honest. And considering how interconnected Diane has been with Mom/Claire, and how much interconnectedness has been with a lot of the other characters (Amy/Veronica, Debby/Angel, Ashley/Sophia, ect), it makes me wonder if this is indeed the intended direction of the story. I really do enjoy this game, and I love the characters (for the most part) but I won't be continuing if I have to go through her to continue on with the rest of the main characters.

I'm not even saying I mind having femdom in the game if it's skippable, but having her as a barrier to the rest of the content would make this a hard pass from me. I'm already slightly disappointed in how Faerin's changed it from "You can go after any girl you like" in the description to "You have to play through X's story to continue with Y's story," and I haven't even disliked any of that content.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Same to be honest. And considering how interconnected Diane has been with Mom/Claire, and how much interconnectedness has been with a lot of the other characters (Amy/Veronica, Debby/Angel, Ashley/Sophia, ect), it makes me wonder if this is indeed the intended direction of the story. I really do enjoy this game, and I love the characters (for the most part) but I won't be continuing if I have to go through her to continue on with the rest of the main characters.

I'm not even saying I mind having femdom in the game if it's skippable, but having her as a barrier to the rest of the content would make this a hard pass from me. I'm already slightly disappointed in how Faerin's changed it from "You can go after any girl you like" in the description to "You have to play through X's story to continue with Y's story," and I haven't even disliked any of that content.
At the moment Dianes content is completely separate from Claires or any of the others girls storylines if you dont read the last email on the PC from Claire you wouldnt even know she existed. Faerin has tried to include everyones niche in the game except the really extreme ones this is one niche you dont like but others do, but luckily for you and anyone else who isnt into Femdom it can be easily avoided and who knows in typical MCs style he may yet get to turn the tables on her who knows

Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
At the moment Dianes content is completely separate from Claires or any of the others girls storylines if you dont read the last email on the PC from Claire you wouldnt even know she existed. Faerin has tried to include everyones niche in the game except the really extreme ones this is one niche you dont like but others do, but luckily for you and anyone else who isnt into Femdom it can be easily avoided and who knows in typical MCs style he may yet get to turn the tables on her who knows
I think you sorta missed the point of my question then. I don't care that there's femdom in the game, I'm actually rather hoping he continues to add specific kinks such as this to the game. My question is, is skipping Diane going to make the rest of the game unplayable? Like, for example, in order to progress with Sophia or even Debby, you have to continue along Ashley's storyline, or how you have to go through Debbie to unlock Angel. My question is, is Diane going to in similar fashion prevent me from continuing on with Claire or any of the other MCs like Faerin has implemented with the other characters?

I'm kinda hoping in future updates he adds in ways to avoid "barriers" such as having to go through Ashley to progress Sophia because part of the fun of the game was the ability to pick and choose which characters you liked and which ones you wanted to skip. Not that I didn't enjoy the content other than Diane's, but as you yourself mentioned, not everyone is into everything and should be able to skip the characters they aren't into.

The TL;dr is speculating on whether Diane is going to be necessary to continue on with the story in the future, as Faerin has made happen in the past couple updates (such as going through Ashley to get to Sophia).

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I think you sorta missed the point of my question then. I don't care that there's femdom in the game, I'm actually rather hoping he continues to add specific kinks such as this to the game. My question is, is skipping Diane going to make the rest of the game unplayable? Like, for example, in order to progress with Sophia or even Debby, you have to continue along Ashley's storyline, or how you have to go through Debbie to unlock Angel. My question is, is Diane going to in similar fashion prevent me from continuing on with Claire or any of the other MCs like Faerin has implemented with the other characters?

I'm kinda hoping in future updates he adds in ways to avoid "barriers" such as having to go through Ashley to progress Sophia because part of the fun of the game was the ability to pick and choose which characters you liked and which ones you wanted to skip. Not that I didn't enjoy the content other than Diane's, but as you yourself mentioned, not everyone is into everything and should be able to skip the characters they aren't into.

The TL;dr is speculating on whether Diane is going to be necessary to continue on with the story in the future, as Faerin has made happen in the past couple updates (such as going through Ashley to get to Sophia).
Actually unlike some other members on here I actually do read previous posts this is what you said in your first post and I dont think I missed the point, nowhere in this statement did you say that you would like to follow any character you liked it was all about skipping Diane content because you didnt like Femdom content. This is what you said in your first post.

Quick question on the future of the game. Playing through Diane's storyline isn't going to be mandatory to continue through the other character's storylines, is it? Because I'd like to know now so I don't have to keep bothering to download this game if that's the case.

I get that the MC is probably going to figure out a way to turn the tables on her, but honestly dominatrixes are such a turn off to me that I don't even want to bother grinding to get to that point. I started playing this game because of the Dominant nature of the MC towards Veronica and the other characters, and if the game is going to force me to jump through some hoops with a domme in order to unlock more content with the other characters, I'm just not going to bother continuing.
The only thing I have cut from the post is that you havent played the game since 0.6

Even here it was all about skipping Diane content and you even said yourself that you didnt mind the interconnectivity of the other characters storylines and since I started the game all the characters stories have been intertwined and have only been really separated since version 0.83 as much as they can be I may have been a bit touchy on this but please dont tell me I have missed the point when you cant even remember your original question which I answered quite adequately In my opinion
Also what Thermophob said was correct by the time of the final version the girls will be separated as much as they can be so you can follow whatever charcter you want

Larry5168

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
It would surprise me if Diane and Claire dont overlap at some point. I think its an inevitability that she (claire) finds out about the email stuff and puts it all together.

the other "main" girls have their respective "side-girl", Claire doesn't yet and Diane seems obvious as they are already connected through the emails.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
It would surprise me if Diane and Claire don't overlap at some point. I think its an inevitability that she (claire) finds out about the email stuff and puts it all together.
I am not sure what are you trying to say here. There could be content where both of them appear, but it doesn't mean that Claire's progression will be conditioned by Diane's.
In short, progression with Diane does depend on progression with Claire, but there is no reciprocity here. Claire's content will be independent of Diane's. This is not my speculation, but something author stated few times. One of major reasons for 0.8.3 reconstruction of game was separation of side stories from main one.
the other "main" girls have their respective "side-girl", Claire doesn't yet and Diane seems obvious as they are already connected through the emails.
Main girls are main girls as main characters. Those are mother ans sisters. By amount of content and plot importance, they are main girls, without any quotation marks.

Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
No it wont. Plan is that side girls will be introduced in game as extension material.
Excellent, thanks for the information.
Actually unlike some other members on here I actually do read previous posts this is what you said in your first post and I dont think I missed the point, nowhere in this statement did you say that you would like to follow any character you liked it was all about skipping Diane content because you didnt like Femdom content. This is what you said in your first post.

The only thing I have cut from the post is that you havent played the game since 0.6

Even here it was all about skipping Diane content and you even said yourself that you didnt mind the interconnectivity of the other characters storylines and since I started the game all the characters stories have been intertwined and have only been really separated since version 0.83 as much as they can be I may have been a bit touchy on this but please dont tell me I have missed the point when you cant even remember your original question which I answered quite adequately In my opinion
Also what Thermophob said was correct by the time of the final version the girls will be separated as much as they can be so you can follow whatever character you want

Larry5168
Fair enough man, apologies for not being more clear then. I haven't been keeping up with the development of the game nor Faerin's plans for the future of the game which is why I was trying to ask about it. I hadn't really thought about the fact that you could potentially ignore the side-chicks since I've had no issue with any of them so far and wanted to pursue them, so I wasn't aware that ignoring the side chicks wouldn't cause the same sort of "locking" on the main girls as is in the reverse.

I am not sure what are you trying to say here. There could be content where both of them appear, but it doesn't mean that Claire's progression will be conditioned by Diane's.
In short, progression with Diane does depend on progression with Claire, but there is no reciprocity here. Claire's content will be independent of Diane's. This is not my speculation, but something author stated few times. One of major reasons for 0.8.3 reconstruction of game was separation of side stories from main one.

Main girls are main girls as main characters. Those are mother ans sisters. By amount of content and plot importance, they are main girls, without any quotation marks.
That's mostly what I wanted to know, if Faerin was planning on "tightening up" the crossovers between the side girls and their main character counterparts (specifically with Diane) or if it was going to be more independent of each other. I don't keep up with the developer (as I mentioned I haven't even played since version 6ish) so I'm unaware of any other upcoming plans he may or may not have (and obviously in the same token, I am not a patron on his patreon so anything related to that is news to me as well).

Also, since I've happily been pursuing all of the side chicks up until Diane, I wasn't aware that ignoring the side chicks wouldn't "lock" progress with the main chicks they've been paired with in a similar fashion to how ignoring the main chicks "locks" the side chicks' progress.

TL;dr to all of this is that I should probably start looking into Author's Notes from here on out and seeing what he has planned for the future, rather than be boneheaded and ask stupid questions that I'm sure the author has already answered. I'm broke right now or I would probably definitely become a Patron to keep up with any additional updates to the game, as I absolutely LOVE this game.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Excellent, thanks for the information.

Fair enough man, apologies for not being more clear then. I haven't been keeping up with the development of the game nor Faerin's plans for the future of the game which is why I was trying to ask about it. I hadn't really thought about the fact that you could potentially ignore the side-chicks since I've had no issue with any of them so far and wanted to pursue them, so I wasn't aware that ignoring the side chicks wouldn't cause the same sort of "locking" on the main girls as is in the reverse.

That's mostly what I wanted to know, if Faerin was planning on "tightening up" the crossovers between the side girls and their main character counterparts (specifically with Diane) or if it was going to be more independent of each other. I don't keep up with the developer (as I mentioned I haven't even played since version 6ish) so I'm unaware of any other upcoming plans he may or may not have (and obviously in the same token, I am not a patron on his patreon so anything related to that is news to me as well.

Also, since I've happily been pursuing all of the side chicks up until Diane, I wasn't aware that ignoring the side chicks wouldn't "lock" progress with the main chicks they've been paired with in a similar fashion to how ignoring the main chicks "locks" the side chicks' progress.

TL;dr to all of this is that I should probably start looking into Author's Notes from here on out and seeing what he has planned for the future, rather than be boneheaded and ask stupid questions that I'm sure the author has already answered. I'm broke right now or I would probably definitely become a Patron to keep up with any additional updates to the game, as I absolutely LOVE this game.
No worries mate I was probably a bit more tetchy than I should have been so anytime you need help or need a question answering please feel free to ask, on here you really dont know if someones trying to make you look like an idiot or asking a genuine question so sorry if I went off on one :)

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys,

Just to clarify things a bit:
My intention has always been to keep storylines as much separated as possible, so you can pursue the girl(s) of your choice.
That being said, each of the 3 main girls (Ashley, Veronica & Claire) are tied to other characters and progress with these 3 is required to unlock the side characters, however as @larry5168 & @Thermophob already said, this normally doesn't work the other way around. Debbie and Angel are the exception here.
(Right now Sophia is tied to the same storyline and I have plans to change that in the future, as I don't think that adds any value to the storyline/game.)

I made this decision, because I think the game tells a more complete story when some storylines are intertwined, instead of each girl being completely seperate from all the others. Also it adds sort of a "layer/tier" to the game where advancing one girl rewards you with additional content, which I personally like (as long as the storylines are connected and make sense).

I hope this clears things up a little.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I am and always have been in favor of "something for everyone," though whether or not that philosophy should apply to any given game is a matter for the developer to decide. I don't think that every game needs to cater to everyone. But I have no problem with Femdom, or any other fetish which I don't personally enjoy, being included in this or any other game, so long as I don't have to play through it.

That being said, I'm also someone who usually tries for 100% game completion. And as for Diane being avoidable if you don't read the emails, reading the emails is part of advancing the Angel storyline, unless I've misunderstood. So, wanting to advance that story, I have the MC read the emails. If Femdom is going to necessarily follow from that, I may have to rethink pursuing the Angel storyline.

I realize that it would be a lot of extra work for Faerin, but my preferred solution would be to have diverging paths for Diane, one submissive and one dominant. Heck, if catering to people who like Femdom is the consideration here, the same could even be applied to Veronica. But if the only path for a given character, like Diane, is Femdom, then give me an "abort" switch once I've encountered her, so that I can skip that content. Either that, or give me the chance to flip the script on her fairly quickly and take a dominant path with her.

I'll wait to see in which direction Faerin decides to take it.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I am and always have been in favor of "something for everyone," though whether or not that philosophy should apply to any given game is a matter for the developer to decide. I don't think that every game needs to cater to everyone. But I have no problem with Femdom, or any other fetish which I don't personally enjoy, being included in this or any other game, so long as I don't have to play through it.

That being said, I'm also someone who usually tries for 100% game completion. And as for Diane being avoidable if you don't read the emails, reading the emails is part of advancing the Angel storyline, unless I've misunderstood. So, wanting to advance that story, I have the MC read the emails. If Femdom is going to necessarily follow from that, I may have to rethink pursuing the Angel storyline.

I realize that it would be a lot of extra work for Faerin, but my preferred solution would be to have diverging paths for Diane, one submissive and one dominant. Heck, if catering to people who like Femdom is the consideration here, the same could even be applied to Veronica. But if the only path for a given character, like Diane, is Femdom, then give me an "abort" switch once I've encountered her, so that I can skip that content. Either that, or give me the chance to flip the script on her fairly quickly and take a dominant path with her.

I'll wait to see in which direction Faerin decides to take it.
No you are correct reading the emails is part of Angels story line but those emails are on Claires laptop in her bedroom, the final email that triggers the Diane content is on your PC and has been sent to the fake email account you set up for Dr. Mathews so like I said once you do the dirty with Claire and get her to date level you never have to read the final email so Diane content will not trigger.
As for completing the game 100% I played FFXV to its completion and I hated doing the Chocobo racing and training but it was part of the game and to complete the game I needed to do it so I bit the bullet and did it because I wanted to completely finish the game.
For me the Diane content is neither a turn on or a turn off its just another element to the game that I need to complete to get to 100%, but as I have said before this content is for the moment avoidable.
If theres one thing going for Diane she has triggered a debate over Femdom which is quite interesting really and whether you like her or not she seems to have triggered even more interest in the game and I honestly never thought that she would be such a contravertial character.
So play the content or dont play the content that is up to you as its avoidable but what I would say in finalising is Diane is a powerful woman in a digital porn game set in a fantasy world she doesnt bite or does she :)

Jun 25, 2017
In the walktrough it says that I have to eavesdrop at 22:00 at Bedroom (Aunt Emma), where is that? obviously not mom's because it always appears at 22:00 the option to peek to see her brush her hair, also aunt Emma has not appear at the house yet.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
In the walktrough it says that I have to eavesdrop at 22:00 at Bedroom (Aunt Emma), where is that? obviously not mom's because it always appears at 22:00 the option to peek to see her brush her hair, also aunt Emma has not appear at the house yet.
What does the hint for Claire say the walkthroughs are great but are only meant to be really a guide so if you sre stuck with a hint you can refer to the walkthrough to help you as everyone plays the game differently just follow the on screen hints until you become stuck

Jun 25, 2017
What does the hint for Claire say the walkthroughs are great but are only meant to be really a guide so if you sre stuck with a hint you can refer to the walkthrough to help you just follow the on screen hints until you become stuck
It says that when she's getting ready for bed sometimes she forgets to close her door, I already peeked and she wins a point of arousal if you confess to her (according to the Walktrough) but she doesn't get any point (I'm currently at 25 points for Love and 5 for Arousal) and I can't eavesdrop or anything.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
It says that when she's getting ready for bed sometimes she forgets to close her door, I already peeked and she wins a point of arousal if you confess to her (according to the Walktrough) but she doesn't get any point (I'm currently at 25 points for Love and 5 for Arousal) and I can't eavesdrop or anything.
Yeah you should be getting the eavesdrop event now could you post your save so I can take a look at it

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes