VN Ren'Py Abandoned Mannkind [v0.0.3] [Seedy Aitch Productions]

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
So going by the name of the game is he going to be making a new type of mannequin or something? The mannequin's run amok in the future and they send a person back in time to prevent them from being made.

• Haha
Reactions: Wonko_the_Sane*

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
What the actual fuck happened to that poor woman in the first screenshot. Did you transplant pickles to her scalp?
She's a minor character, and I gave a nod to an independent content developer (Whatever3D) by using his original figure, Elizabeth 2, for her. I had a feeling she might get negative reaction here. The hair model goes with the figure.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
So going by the name of the game is he going to be making a new type of mannequin or something? The mannequin's run amok in the future and they send a person back in time to prevent them from being made.
Androids, actually. Produced by Mann Biotech.
The mannequin idea is pretty funny, though.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
i dont know if anybody took the intro of the writer and listened or rather read what he said. he made some bold statements on the landscape of these visual novels and what he will bring to the table. he got my interests and the game didnt start yet lol. i will hold him to the standards he put for himself in contrast to his peers and see what comes of this. As King Foltest said in the witcher two, ' This I Like!!!!' Tawk your shit man.

Reactions: Wonko_the_Sane*

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
i dont know if anybody took the intro of the writer and listened or rather read what he said. he made some bold statements on the landscape of these visual novels and what he will bring to the table. he got my interests and the game didnt start yet lol. i will hold him to the standards he put for himself in contrast to his peers and see what comes of this. As King Foltest said in the witcher two, ' This I Like!!!!' Tawk your shit man.
Thanks for *reading*! I have to wonder how many of the comments come from people who've only looked at the sample pics—which Darkwolf2055 chose, not I—without actually looking at the VN teaser.

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
I would certainly appreciate any constructive criticism you might have in this regard. What do you find lacking in the renders?
Observertions of a beginner DAZ user here. People expect at least Genesis 3 figures nowadays in VNs with decent SubD level. All the while the bar is raised constantly by more and more artists using 'HD' Gen 8 models or even Gen 8.1 Probably few lucky people getting their hands on 3090s will ever need to look out for GPU Ram usage ever again - hence the HD high Gen high SubD models.
Just my two cents. Peace.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Observertions of a beginner DAZ user here. People expect at least Genesis 3 figures nowadays in VNs with decent SubD level. All the while the bar is raised constantly by more and more artists using 'HD' Gen 8 models or even Gen 8.1 Probably few lucky people getting their hands on 3090s will ever need to look out for GPU Ram usage ever again - hence the HD high Gen high SubD models.
Just my two cents. Peace.

I don't use Daz, and Genesis 8 isn't compatible with Poser. Most of my female characters are crafted from Project Evolution: One (which I consider a superior figure to the Genesis models for realism.)

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
Har har.
Let me guess: Only the Daz figures you see relentlessly reused are attractive?
I'm perfectly open to original models, from whatever program you care to use. The problem is the facial features on these characters slip into the uncanny valley; close enough that I can tell they should be human, but far enough that my brain doesn't like the connection.

As for the comments coming people who've only looked at the sample pics- well, yes. That's what they're for. People decide based on the samples and the description whether or not to try the demo.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
I'm perfectly open to original models, from whatever program you care to use. The problem is the facial features on these characters slip into the uncanny valley; close enough that I can tell they should be human, but far enough that my brain doesn't like the connection.

As for the comments coming people who've only looked at the sample pics- well, yes. That's what they're for. People decide based on the samples and the description whether or not to try the demo.
I'm aware of the slight oddity of the Elizabeth 2 figure (the one with the light tubes in her hair) but I'm not sure I see the problem you speak of elsewhere. Wilma is supposed to look like a 3D anime person, and Daphne is an android.

The problem with the samples is that they are not the ones I would choose. Darkwold2055 lifted my post and reposted it under his own name, and he chose the samples. (Why he did this I don't know; I haven't got an answer on my DM to him yet. He also improperly added the 'animated' tag.)

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
I don't use Daz, and Genesis 8 isn't compatible with Poser. Most of my female characters are crafted from Project Evolution: One (which I consider a superior figure to the Genesis models for realism.)
Then I guess Project Evolution: One models are not matching the ideal of beauty of the people complaining in this thread.

Vreek

Apr 8, 2020
I'm aware of the slight oddity of the Elizabeth 2 figure (the one with the light tubes in her hair) but I'm not sure I see the problem you speak of elsewhere. Wilma is supposed to look like a 3D anime person, and Daphne is an android.

The problem with the samples is that they are not the ones I would choose. Darkwold2055 lifted my post and reposted it under his own name, and he chose the samples. (Why he did this I don't know; I haven't got an answer on my DM to him yet. He also improperly added the 'animated' tag.)
Request the developer tag, request ownership of this thread, change the images used.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Then I guess Project Evolution: One models are not matching the ideal of beauty of the people complaining in this thread.
Only two of them show up in this very limited sample: Fille and Saoirse. The only one specifically mentioned has been Gabby.

Request the developer tag, request ownership of this thread, change the images used.
How does one do that? (And I don't want his thread; I want mine, with the files on the servers I uploaded it to!)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You can say the samples aren't ones you would choose, but the goal is for all them to be picked at random and look good/usable, no? Being choosy over which renders should be used as samples both doesn't make sense and is honestly pretty misleading (borderline scummy if people are paying for it, obviously not the case here though). It's like a morbidly obese woman using her college pictures as a Facebook profile picture to lure in guys.

I'd argue Genesis has realism down for Daz models, especially with Iray. Comparatively speaking, at least.

1112490_new_menu.png 1jpg.jpg

Freckles and/or imperfections don't equal realism. They exist, sure, but realism includes everything from facial shape to iris size to hair, all the way down to body shape. Then there's lighting and postwork. All of which play a role in realism. Can you say with a straight face that the Genesis model on the right is less realistic than the model on the left? Not at all. The hair looks like bacon and the lips look like a bird trying to fly, which are (hopefully) not at all representative of real-life models. It's fine if you prefer using them, but calling the above (or anything in the sample renders) realistic is a stretch.