MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
is there a cheat to avoid gameover or to have back button
"Save me" button is available to get without cheats. Back/Forward buttons were removed, yeah, but I'm thinking about adding them for $10+ tier patrons. Of course with some additional scenes and other stuff.

alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Well, in fact, you should not raise the elements above 13, otherwise the risk of losing still remains. However, thank you, I will finalize your idea and make changes to the cheat panel for my patrons.
It's nice to feel appreciated ) Haven't met the case, the `set resources` condition is right before the `game over` condition. So even when we are able to raise resources value above 20 or lower than 0 it will still reset values before `game over` condition. Though there may be rather conditions I don't know about, you are the Dev after all)

P.S. It is a nice concept, that's for your work)

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
It's nice to feel appreciated ) Haven't met the case, the `set resources` condition is right before the `game over` condition. So even when we are able to raise resources value above 20 or lower than 0 it will still reset values before `game over` condition. Though there may be rather conditions I don't know about, you are the Dev after all)

P.S. It is a nice concept, that's for your work)
Haven't tested it yet. If so, you've done a good job, really. Nice to feel appreciated by community! It's really amazing that some people make modified versions of your game, add some new content and other stuff.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Next update?
Hey!
The next Manreign update is coming very soon. All of the content is already written and translated. I just gotta put all that stuff into the game and check it for any bugs. Sorry for such a delay, but I'm currently into work on my new game (on the same engine), and I want to release both of my projects at the same time.

By the way, if you're interested in any development news, you probably should consider joining my discord server. All the info is there, and you'll get a quick answer on any of your questions.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Manreign v0.4 Russian Edition
is already available for my patrons!

The link is on my Discord server, check out the patreon-updates channel!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
MANREIGN v0.4 COMPLETE EDITION (both Russian and English)
is already available for my Patreon supporters!

To download it, join my Discord server and just click on the link in patreon-updates channel. If you don't see it, that means you still don't have a patron role. To fix that, pm me your discord name in name#number format on Patreon.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
A BRAND NEW WEBSITE OF MY PROJECTS
Meet the new interface and Facefuck Madness Online

Spent this evening on making it. Pretty simple and minimalistic interface, but I really love it. Now you can play both of my games online on it!

Here's the link:

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
iinteresting premise... needs an english native speaker and an off option for the bad muzak

BlueOrchid

Oct 27, 2020
game works fine. I'm having some problems with the philosophical conclusions that building a new school where I've already set up what students will be taught leads to an intellectual oligarchy. In fact, from what I've seen of the response to BLM, the reality is just the opposite. Can we just say it's monopoly and all the cards are random? Because trying to form this into a complete narrative adventure is not working. Winning the game doesn't seem to be about making the right choices, rather it seems to be based around route memorization, drill and kill. 2+2=4

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
iinteresting premise... needs an english native speaker and an off option for the bad muzak
Thanks. About native speaker as a corrector, yeah, I agree. Maybe I'll hire someone in the future, when I'll start getting serious money on Patreon. What about music, to turn it off it's enough just to click on the "Music" button on the side-bar. But you're not the first one asking about it, so perhaps in the next build I'll make it more user-friendly, I guess.

game works fine. I'm having some problems with the philosophical conclusions that building a new school where I've already set up what students will be taught leads to an intellectual oligarchy. In fact, from what I've seen of the response to BLM, the reality is just the opposite. Can we just say it's monopoly and all the cards are random? Because trying to form this into a complete narrative adventure is not working. Winning the game doesn't seem to be about making the right choices, rather it seems to be based around route memorization, drill and kill. 2+2=4
Yeah, I think you just have missed the point at the start. It's not about making right decisions. It's about making those of them, which will allow you to last on your post as long as it's possible. Nothing changes in the game world on each of your playthroughs. But your vision of the situation do changes. You learn to think cold and rational, you learn consequences of every card, and in general you play with yourself, not with the game itself. I really recommend you to play the game I've been inspired when developing Manreign. Actually I stole the main mechanic from it. The "Reigns" series. It runs of both PC and Mobile platforms. I'm serious, give it a try, if you want to understand more clearly what my game is actually about.

Reactions: Pe5218

BlueOrchid

Oct 27, 2020
TL/DR (last line is important)
Narrative structure, a literary element, is generally described as the structural framework that underlies the order and manner in which a narrative is presented to a reader, listener, or viewer. The narrative text structures are the plot and the setting. Generally, the narrative structure of any work can be divided into three sections, which is referred to as the three-act structure: setup, conflict, resolution. The setup is where all of the main characters and their basic situation are introduced, and contains the primary level of characterization. A problem is also introduced, which is what drives the story forward. The second act, the conflict, is the bulk of the story, and begins when the inciting incident sets things into motion. This is the part of the story where the characters go through major changes in their lives as a result of what is happening; this can be referred to as the character arc, or character development. The third act, or resolution, is when the problem in the story boils over, forcing the characters to confront it, allowing all elements of the story to come together and inevitably leading to the ending

Action

• Goal: Your character is pursuing a goal.
  • Conflict: They face conflict while trying to reach that goal.
  • Outcome: There’s an outcome, either positive or negative.
Reaction

• Reaction: Your character reacts to the previous outcome.
  • Reflection: They reflect on their options going forward.
  • Decision: They make a decision, forming a new goal and beginning the cycle again.

• Cause: One ball strikes another.
  • Effect: That ball rolls across the table.
An event’s effect on a character should be immediately evident to readers. Even if the character is trying to ignore or repress a response, he’ll be impacted somehow. He must be. If he isn’t, readers will lose trust in the story’s believability.

Every action should be justified by the intersection of setting, context, pursuit, and characterization. They all need to make sense. They all need to fit.

If you have to explain why something just happened, you’re telling the story backward.

Fixing Causality Issues
Causality is closely related to believability and flow. If an event has no cause, readers will find the scene unbelievable. If there isn’t a strong enough stimulus to cause a certain event, it’ll seem contrived.

Neither unbelievable nor contrived events serve your readers or the story.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: rageaholic

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Narrative structure, a literary element, is generally described as the structural framework that underlies the order and manner in which a narrative is presented to a reader, listener, or viewer. The narrative text structures are the plot and the setting. Generally, the narrative structure of any work can be divided into three sections, which is referred to as the three-act structure: setup, conflict, resolution. The setup is where all of the main characters and their basic situation are introduced, and contains the primary level of characterization. A problem is also introduced, which is what drives the story forward. The second act, the conflict, is the bulk of the story, and begins when the inciting incident sets things into motion. This is the part of the story where the characters go through major changes in their lives as a result of what is happening; this can be referred to as the character arc, or character development. The third act, or resolution, is when the problem in the story boils over, forcing the characters to confront it, allowing all elements of the story to come together and inevitably leading to the ending

Action

Reaction

• Decision: They make a decision, forming a new goal and beginning the cycle again.

An event’s effect on a character should be immediately evident to readers. Even if the character is trying to ignore or repress a response, he’ll be impacted somehow. He must be. If he isn’t, readers will lose trust in the story’s believability.

Every action should be justified by the intersection of setting, context, pursuit, and characterization. They all need to make sense. They all need to fit.

If you have to explain why something just happened, you’re telling the story backward.

Fixing Causality Issues
Causality is closely related to believability and flow. If an event has no cause, readers will find the scene unbelievable. If there isn’t a strong enough stimulus to cause a certain event, it’ll seem contrived.

Dude wtf. My game is not about storytelling at all. I consider your post as some sort of a spam, lol. That's just a bunch of quotes from different articles about narrative structure. But my game is not a story. At all. So... yeah. TL/DR, DD/LG, AC/DC.

• Angry
Reactions: BlueOrchid
Jan 8, 2021

Action

Reaction

Fixing Causality Issues

There already is a shit ton of games with conventional scenario out there.
Games like this one are pretty rare, and this one is particularly well made.

• Hey there
Reactions: MercuryDev

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Got a post removed due to "spam" in this thread, didn't know asking a question was considered as spam.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Got a post removed due to "spam" in this thread, didn't know asking a question was considered as spam.
Peace, bud. I was confused as well when I got the notification about someone's post from the thread has been deleted. Could you ask your question again, please, if I haven't answered it yet?

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Peace, bud. I was confused as well when I got the notification about someone's post from the thread has been deleted. Could you ask your question again, please, if I haven't answered it yet?
I can't remember, it's been like 69 klingon years. Anw good luck with your game

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes