ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
You not wrong though, especially in term of gameplay since to be fair, the nightmare did come first then the 2, so of course they rebalance alot of stuff in 2 and give much other feature in 2.

The reason i said what i said is purely base on storyline, since there might people who care for those thing much more than the gameplay itself. Still nonetheless thanks for pointing that out.
yeah the first game has way way better balance than 2s guns beat everything and 3s ultra questionable balancing early on, with the split parties, and non optimal forced pairings.

but the post game story in nightmares was so much cooler than the retcon it got in 2's bastardized remake

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
I assume this is the original game that released first on PSVita?
Correct me if im wrong, but as far as i know Mary Skelter 2 includes an extended/revised version of this game that ties better with the rest of the games (2 and Finale), so i don't know why anyone would want to play this version, cool tho for collection purposes.
well here's your correction the original is the most balanced game in the series, the retcon version has severe and extreme nerfs to several of the best reliable non-luck-based damage skills, and 2 has terrible balance because gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other weapon
the retcon version of 1 has the postgame changed from the cool lore dump and amazing sequel set up that was just not used really at all, to a stale extra dungeon you need the pre nerf skills from 1 to not feel like its a slog because regular enemies have a lot of hp

Reactions: ilualinerin

djhhgmnbc

Apr 4, 2021
game is cool and all, but I can't play past chapter 2 when there is a cutscene where you reunite with alice and redhood

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
Just a tidbit of information for anyone who's not familiar with the game, this is not a simple Visual Novel, it's much more a Dungeon Crawler RPG with Visual Novel elements in between the dungeon floors.

I thought it might be misleading for people who are not into straight up Visual Novels.

It's not an h-game, but it is an ecchi game the kind that pushed the limits of what was allowed to do in the mainstream consoles, it has a groping/touching mini game, very nice art and fun mechanics.
So it's more like Moero Chronicles and Sakura Dungeon, except in those games most of allies are from monster girls you caught.

Maybe Mary Skelter is more like Dungeon Travelers. Which every ally joins by the story instead of you need to catch them. So that means less playable characters than Moero & Sakura, however both have complex job/class system for characters. Different class = different outfit.

Also reminds me each game has MC that doesn't fight.
-Io as Moero Chronicles MC
-Yomi as Sakura Dungeon MC
-Takaki as Dungeon Travelers MC
-Fried as Dungeon Travelers 2 MC

All of those MC are dudes except Yomi which later becomes playable herself after certain parts of story. But if she's KOed in battle then it's instant gameover in any circumstances.

Among all of them only the one with female MC has H-scenes. The others are more like ecchi games.

I wonder if Mary Skelter has playable male characters since all those dungeon crawler+VN games I mentioned, every playable character is female unless you count non-fighting MC.

Last edited:

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
I wonder which game first popularized the "omg invincible mf chasing you no counterplay only run go go go" mechanic, cuz I'm really not feeling it. At least in Pacman you can take some pills and turn the tables on the incorporeal shits.

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
I'm interested in more non-H games on this site.

Another Idea Factory game Moero Chronicle is originally not H game, just with nude mod when the girls was supposed to be in underwear.

Who knows more IF games like Agarest Senki Mariage would be uploaded as well.

Reactions: AnotherCuriousGuy
May 13, 2018
Oh great, it's pretty nice to have it here. No sexual content though, it's a Dungeon Crawling RPG with VN elements. Think of Bunny Black without the seggs

May 13, 2018
I'm interested in more non-H games on this site.

Another Idea Factory game Moero Chronicle is originally not H game, just with nude mod when the girls was supposed to be in underwear.

Who knows more IF games like Agarest Senki Mariage would be uploaded as well.
I second this idea, lol

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote