Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
In Pain & Pleasure you can only see it's story from the sadist's point of view. Maybe in the future I'll change P&P to be like this game where you can choose between sadist/male or masochist/female point of view.
FWIW I find the masochist/female point of view way more entertaining and would appreciate that in P&P too, but if it's a dramatic amount more work for not a lot of draw, then fair enough. I like what I see here so far and am looking forward to more.

D

Deleted member 2174751

While I dig the extreme bdsm, I am Trypanophobic so I had to quit this due to the needle play (like a little kid watching a scary horror movie, I found myself covering my eyes & hitting the skip key). Sounds kinda stupid since I am very tattooed :p Would be beneficial to be able select kinks in the settings.

Nov 9, 2017
What it says on the box.

Can't help feeling that someone is going to complain in some way someday nonetheless.
To quote Yahtzee "This isn't interactive story telling; this is just reading." Of all the genres the Kinetic novel is IMHO the weirdest as it seems to be the antithesis of gaming. Might as well have a gif/png viewer that advances to the next scene or to paraphrase Yahtzee a 'movie where you pause ever 10 seconds'.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
To quote Yahtzee "This isn't interactive story telling; this is just reading." Of all the genres the Kinetic novel is IMHO the weirdest as it seems to be the antithesis of gaming. Might as well have a gif/png viewer that advances to the next scene or to paraphrase Yahtzee a 'movie where you pause ever 10 seconds'.
sometimes, you just want to read a kinky book, but also want pictures. I mean, old school rpgs (before voice acting became the norm) were basically just reading a book about the plot in between fights.

Nov 9, 2017
sometimes, you just want to read a kinky book, but also want pictures. I mean, old school rpgs (before voice acting became the norm) were basically just reading a book about the plot in between fights.
I think you missed the point I was making. Even the old school rpgs had interactivity - if you lost fight that was it game over. Even if the rpg had puzzles right out of moon logical land that is more interactivity then what amounts to clicking to turn a page. Heck, even wikipedia defines a kinetic novel as a linear type of visual novel where there is a linear storyline with no player choice or gameplay. Why not just write a story with pictures using HTML5?

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I think you missed the point I was making. Even the old school rpgs had interactivity - if you lost fight that was it game over. Even if the rpg had puzzles right out of moon logical land that is more interactivity then what amounts to clicking to turn a page. Heck, even wikipedia defines a kinetic novel as a linear type of visual novel where there is a linear storyline with no player choice or gameplay. Why not just write a story with pictures using HTML5?
cause a lot of people hate html based things on this site. idk just seems a lot of effort to complain about something that doesn't affect you.

MadProfGlint

Jun 20, 2020
This is absolutely gorgeous. Neither one is a game, but this one and the one with the sisters are the most enjoyable kinetic novels I've ever watched. I will happily support this quality of storytelling, even if all it's doing is taking me along for the ride.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Okay, how about this - this is not bitching, this is information: if anyone were to make an actual game with these themes, with actual meaningful choices... within my admittedly modest means, I would support the heck out of you.

Nov 9, 2017
cause a lot of people hate html based things on this site. idk just seems a lot of effort to complain about something that doesn't affect you.
Html5 is not the same as pure html. "HTML5 supports SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), canvas, and other virtual vector graphics, whereas in HTML, using vector graphics was only possible by using it in conjunction with different technologies like Flash, VML (Vector Markup Language), or Silverlight." With Flash going the way of the dodo and open source alternative like Synfig being the Man Who Wasn't There HTML5 is all you really have to do flash like game.

Okay, how about this - this is not bitching, this is information: if anyone were to make an actual game with these themes, with actual meaningful choices... within my admittedly modest means, I would support the heck out of you.
This more or less. There are so few "hard" bondage games that it isn't funny. Harem Hotel has a some what on rails storyline but it uses an illusion of choice to engage the player which is more then a kinetic novel. Heck with what we have seen why not just have a motion comic ala and be done with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooloomooloo

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I think some devs have thought of this on some level (I did) but I don't believe it's easy to get support if you go too hard. I think your best is to have a story where certain choices that are say very evil/dark can lead to very hard scenes that are avoidable for some players in the context of a larger story.

hiddenkink4

Feb 4, 2019
Would be nice with some player interaction/choice, as it is it's more of an erotic comic than a game. Still was fun to read through tho, I'll be looking forward to the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MorganMaximara
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes