• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I know there are some things in the wiki not updated but can someone explain religions to me? I know they help you pass speech checks with people of the same faith but against others its a penalty. But I remember reading somewhere that amount of wives and possibly other things were affected too?

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
It's a title. You can give it to more than 1 person, male or female, slave or merc. Medical skill helps obviously.
I have a NPC who meets the wiki minimums...
Maybe I just have to wait for Nurse to make it into the Public release channel...

Reactions: WakamoSato

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I know there are some things in the wiki not updated but can someone explain religions to me? I know they help you pass speech checks with people of the same faith but against others its a penalty. But I remember reading somewhere that amount of wives and possibly other things were affected too?
The amount of wives is listed in the wiki. The bonuses the religions provide is listed too.

If you are wondering how to check if you are qualified for each bonuses, you can check your shrine for "My Devotion".
devotion points check.png

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
The amount of wives is listed in the wiki. The bonuses the religions provide is listed too.

If you are wondering how to check if you are qualified for each bonuses, you can check your shrine for "My Devotion".
View attachment 3591837
I think a better recommendation would be to use the in-game in Actions & Events --> Religion.

The (i) buttons tells you the relevant details about each religion and on the right side of the screen you can see current progress and current benefits.
1714549187023.png

chaosiv

May 23, 2020
Yes. You can be the leader of the Catholic Church or Warrior's Hall at standing level 100+. You can be the leader of the Underworld too I think when you reach 100+ standing in Fenrik's Tavern but that reduces your influence per day(?). Other factions are capped for the moment.

I think you can but I do not know the exact requirements and it is not a guaranteed yes from them. Very low or 0 willpower will probably be needed.

To get the option, you talk to her, press Affect, and you can be presented with Enslave below the Convert option. On some NPCs, this option will not appear and you may need some required stat levels but I am not sure which.

I have not reached this point yet with my new accounts and in my old account I already completed Tales from Redhaven.

Apparently they can. Loren and Aiko at least gives me the option to enslave them. The roll will probably fail though and they will refuse at this willpower level. The main difference for Enya seems to be her willpower level but that's only at a glance and the difference is pretty small. Aiko has a lower corruption stat than Enya. They all have the same affection. Enya has 0 respect I guess but it is not like Aiko's is high either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not seeing enslave option on loren/aiko/enya. what version is this?

comparison based on 0831

loren stat.jpg

Loren talk screen.jpg

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What Gambling skill level do I need to regularly succeed at the Dockside Tavern?
I don't think there's ever a skill level where you're guaranteed to win if that's what you mean unless it's skill in using F5. You might lose less money raising gambling at Fury's, but personally I prefer poker. You do eventually get to where you can reliably profit at poker if you play well but you won't win every hand. You'll have to get a feel for which hands to fold and accept that you're going to lose sometimes unless you get a 999.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
I don't think there's ever a skill level where you're guaranteed to win if that's what you mean unless it's skill in using F5. You might lose less money raising gambling at Fury's, but personally I prefer poker. You do eventually get to where you can reliably profit at poker if you play well but you won't win every hand. You'll have to get a feel for which hands to fold and accept that you're going to lose sometimes unless you get a 999.
Yeah, I'm wondering where that "reliably" point is. 70? 80?

Mar 5, 2024
Same version. 0831b public. That's weird.
There is nothing weird. You do get the option to enslave loren/aiko/enya in v8.31b (unmodded version),
iff¹ they are not currently enslaved and have the status=3 (servant), so in the game where you do get that option,
your loren/aiko/enya have servant status, which has something to do, with you only having used
an old v8.3 version (to upgrade from v8.23c) and did not use v8.3h with your "long running game". If you would start a new game in v8.31b, you would not be able to enslave them as they would have status 4 (merc) and
not status 3 (servant) - at least as long as you do not override that status to change it to three (or two or 1).

¹) If and only if

chaosiv

May 23, 2020
There is nothing weird. You do get the option to enslave loren/aiko/enya in v8.31b (unmodded version),
iff¹ they are not currently enslaved and have the status=3 (servant), so in the game where you do get that option,
your loren/aiko/enya have servant status, which has something to do, with you only having used
an old v8.3 version (to upgrade from v8.23c) and did not use v8.3h with your "long running game". If you would start a new game in v8.31b, you would not be able to enslave them as they would have status 4 (merc) and
not status 3 (servant) - at least as long as you do not override that status to change it to three (or two or 1).

¹) If and only if
I see, so the enslave option will only be available when using the old 0823 save files and already recruited them in that version?

Mar 5, 2024
I see, so the enslave option will only be available when using the old 0823 save files and already recruited them in that version?
You did miss a step, you would also need to use an old v8.3 version to patch that save file to v8.3 using the patcher from v8.31 will not work (at least if the patcher from v8.31 is the same patcher used for v8.3h). And then again, if you just want to enslave some mercs, just change their status to 3 (servant) or to 2 (slave). Information how to change stats/variables of npcs has already been mentioned in this thread multiple times. BTW Loren is av20, Enya is av22 and Aiko is av32 (if I remember correctly).

Reactions: Clemency
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes