• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
The riding stuff it´s bugged.

The first girl that you sign in the White stables receive the full influence if you max her (+6).

But he second (and following ones) don´t get the things right. For the 2nd and following girls, you get the bonus for buying a horse, for upgrading him to a purebred and for upgrading him to a champion, but not the bonus for signing in White stables (+1) or for upgrading your gear (+1). This two bonus, while they are shown in the riding screen, they are not present in the Influence report.

Also things don´t work fine with the Miller´s Barn. The first girl you assign, maxed, should receive a +3, and that´s shown in the Riding screen. But the Influence Report shows a +4 instead. And the next ones receive only a +2 in the Riding Screen instead of a +3, missing the bonus of upgraded gear.

The save correspond to my game before starting to play with horses.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
It seems the selling price of knives decrease from $80 to $56 at 15,000 market supply (aka the newly introduced market saturation mechanic). Can anyone corroborate if this is the same market supply "cap" in playthroughs without A Dying World on?

View attachment 3558331
Yes, and it gets much lower:
1713637251473.png

15000+ = 70% price
25000+ = 60% price
50000+ = 45% price

Might still be somewhat profitable to sell rifles at Hamah bay at 45% price.
1713637601494.png

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
I really like it, when some people say something is the "easiest way" to do something (and your comment suggests, that you do not know much about both computer science and programming).

Anyway, as this game is written in sugarcube and has images and audio files as resources (and also fonts), the game does not consist of just one file, but encompasses multiple files.

Images and audio files, which are for non-public versions only, could be put into other folders (ie. using pics_tier2, pics_tier4, sounds_tier2, sounds_tier4 instead of pics and sounds folder).
That way it would be easier,, when making the zip-file for the game, to not have pics (and sounds) for a non-public version appear in the public version (ie. as it was forgotten, to remove an image or audio-file from the folder to be zipped). Of course one could automate the process, ie. having a script (or small programm) do the packaging (see ie. "ant" or "antlr") and having a metadata file (or property file), which has for each and every image, audio (and font) file stored in which package the image, audio and font file is to be included.

Now to the html-file (or html-files) with the game itself:
Neither html or sugarcube are programming languages like "brainfuck" or "whitespace", which are hard to read, also neither html or sugarcube yield programms, which do need compilation into machine code (bytecode) or something like that for the programm to be runnable. Which means that people with some background in computer science (or some expertise in programming) can easily read and understand what the program does (especially since a few things, which some websites do to make it harder to download video files from their site, are not done) - otherwise it would need "reverse-engineering" (and some guess-work as what a variable and function are used for...). So if somehow some tier-only game data (like quests etc.) end up in a public version, even if it does not function (out-of-the-box) without some editing of the game files, people with some knowledge in programming can modify the game file(s), so that it does function (ie. a quest or some parts of a quest become(s) available) - people without such knowledge might screw-up their gamefiles instead.

Now you can think of the gamefile(s) (without the resource files) as one "master copy", which contains all the code for all different game versions (where game version refers to the public version and the different tiered versions). And removing the code for all tiered versions from the "master copy" yields the public version and removing the code for higher tiered versions from the "master copy" would give a tiered-version (ie. tier2 version instead of tier4 version).

The "problem" is how to make sure, that by removing code (from "higher" versions, where higher version means higher tiered-version or all-tiered versions, in case of "public version") you do not miss to remove code that does not belong to that version, while also making sure, that the code is still working (after code removal).

If the "master copy" does contain the code in explicit form (ie. during the execution of the code no new game code is generated, ie. via DOM-scrips (Document Object Model scripts) or javascript) and the "master copy" is also one file (or multiple files) - eg. one does not manage separate (stand-alone) copies for the public and tiered versions - then you would need to remove the code either manually or in an automated way.

As the game is written in "sugarcube" (or twine script) this would mean that ie. "complete game passages" are to be removed and also from some game passages code might need to be removed (at least if no separate stand-alone copies for the different versions are maintained, but bugfixing and changing game mechanics might be a little bit more difficult if standalone copies are used, ie. as a bugfix would need to be made to multiple versions - so maintaining the code does require more work from the developer).

Of course it is easier to remove complete game passages from the game (in comparison to removing only some code blocks from a passage), without "breaking" something or missing some code which does not belong into the public (or low tiered) version. But it is more complicated to structure the game code in such a way, that all tiered-only game code is only in separate game passages. For quest texts and quest rewards (etc.) this is relatively easy doable (ie. via using "include passagename" or link statements etc.) and having ie. definitions for "pois" in the public version (which are not used in the public version) are also no problem (it only becomes a problem, if the quest data itself including quest rewards are also somehow in the public version). For some other "features", like tier-only traits, which give boosts to some "chances" (ie. change some game mechanics slightly), it is a little bit more complicated, eventhough also "include passagename" can be used here, but then the code for the game mechanics themself are a little less readable (for the developer himself) - and there are also a few more complications (in contrast to additional quests, renders or tasks for tiered-versions), when it is desired that a one-time supporter also has some benefits with newer versions (ie. still being able to do tier-gated quests, enjoying tier-only mc-traits, with a game started with a tiered-version but then patched to a newer version). (Ie. making it possible that old tiered-version game passages are included into a newer public version instead of new tiered-version game passages (with the same name)).

And as this game is still in development, when code is marked in a "master copy" (ie. via comments or otherwise) as tiered-only content, the code might get moved around during "tech revamps" etc. and it might happen that the code markers (for tiered-only content) are not moved, when some tiered-only code is moved from one location (in the game file) to another as it is overlooked that the code is between such code markers (ie. the code blocks being too large to fit on the screen and not paying enough attention when moving the code around, that it was tiered-only content, which ends up outside of codemarkers for tiered-only content). In case of code, which is in tier-only passages, the chance of such things happening is much lower (especially if it is moved from one tier-only passage to another tier-only passage).

Single player games, which run on ones own laptop (or personal computer) and do not need any form of internet-connection (to function), will always be modifiable (or modable) by people with enough knowledge in some things (at least as long as there are still free operating systems and big tech companies and the content industry have not made their dream come true, that they have complete control over all computers of would-be customers).

And then, as this game is a single-player game (and thus the term "pay to win" for "free to play" games is not really applicable), there is nothing wrong with giving game supporters additional benefits (out-of-the-box)¹, but what needs to be kept in mind is, that there are one-time supporters and long-term supporters and thus there are arguments for letting one-time supporters still have some benefits with newer versions. This needs to be kept in mind, when deciding on a solution (or lobbying for some solution) - and the developer might have also considered this, when he did chose how to handle content for the different tiers in the first place.

¹) Non-supporters can always write code (without knowledge of the tiered-content) which might give similiar advantages (or benefits) as tiered-content (only in case of quests, tasks and additional "lore texts", this is unlikely).
i agree grimdark doesnt care about going backward(spending time) to remove tier 2 content and was going to enable(free) it a year ago. who i spoke with. when he makes more with tier 4, and i will not release that. but the public tier 2 really has not been work on for almost 1 year

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Feyd and Seewolf

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Could someone please tell me where I can purchase the dildo chair and standing cage, as well as the obscene art? Wiki says the chair can be purchased at devious tools, but it doesn't show up.
The chair was eliminated in a vote, it didn't appeal to enough people to justify the render investment. That was done however to make room for things like the cage which are still a work in progress.

The obscene art is the first 'Decor' upgrade for the training room, it's currently just a text description and a bonus.

Reactions: Fauno36 and Tango13
Jul 28, 2021
I can not get the game ro stop cropping any ideas on what to do (and yes I tried everything I saw that could fix the issue it didn't work)

Sep 29, 2019
As im starting new i want to change a little bit and play with Grimdark and dying World.From the description it say the city start with 5 control what happen if the City Control is low?will be there more enemy's and more events?Will be on maximal Level change in my Household and people do more shit?

trulul

Aug 11, 2023
As im starting new i want to change a little bit and play with Grimdark and dying World.From the description it say the city start with 5 control what happen if the City Control is low?will be there more enemy's and more events?Will be on maximal Level change in my Household and people do more shit?
There are at least some more enemies, most notably you might have to murder (or bribe) a group if you want to move to Marston Avenue. It seemed fairly manageable still. However, a single point of control would make things even worse, though I have not seen that happen yet.

Reactions: GladiusVictorius

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I can not get the game ro stop cropping any ideas on what to do (and yes I tried everything I saw that could fix the issue it didn't work)
Cropping? Cropping what? What does it look like? What device do you use?

From the description it say the city start with 5 control what happen if the City Control is low?
More enemies spawn and respawn. Some shops close down and will not reopen until control goes up or you eliminate those red enemy icons near them. The problem though is killing all the added spawns increase control by +1 each time (up to a certain control value I think) so over the next few days you will see control go up fast enough to 20 and higher which means less spawn. You can reduce city control once you have access to Fenrik's Tavern in the underworld by donating at 25 auto rifles or 10 coilguns. You probably cannot do that willy nilly early on. The main effect of a dying world seems to be the supply of items and their cost.

Reactions: GladiusVictorius

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
It is possible to hack access into tier 2? How so?

Does somebody know the console command for changing the hour of the day?

Btw maybe some mod can add the cheats (console commands) in a spoiler to the first page? Right now they are hidden in this thread and hard to find for newcomers to this game. It would be a lot more convenient to have the cheats listed on the first page within another spoiler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hephannon

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
It is possible to hack access into tier 2? How so?
No, it is not possible to hack into the warm and fuzzy feeling of contributing to the game developement.

But yes, it is technically possible to unlock the other tier 2 benefits. But I'm not going to help with that because I would prefer that people subscribe and get those very small benefits as a bonus if they do so.

Does somebody know the console command for changing the hour of the day?
Yes, here are a few examples which should help you figure out how to do that.

07:00 aka 7 am
SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount = 70
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setHours(7)
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setMinutes(00)

13:30 aka 1:30 pm
SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount = 135
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setHours(13)
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setMinutes(30)

22:48 aka 10:48 pm
SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount = 228
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setHours(22)
SugarCube.State.active.variables.gameDate.setMinutes(48)

Daycount is the real game time. setHours and setMinutes is just to make the game time clock show the correct time. If you don't care what time is being shown then you can skip those.

Btw maybe some mod can add the cheats (console commands) in a spoiler to the first page? Right now they are hidden in this thread and hard to find for newcomers to this game. It would be a lot more convenient to have the cheats listed on the first page within another spoiler.
OP is developer. Even though he sometimes help people when they are trying to figure out how things works, he apparently isn't big enough fan of cheating, to do that. (It has been requested before)

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
OP is developer. Even though he sometimes help people when they are trying to figure out how things works, he apparently isn't big enough fan of cheating, to do that. (It has been requested before)
Is he cool with incest mods? Because the two times someone posted an edited start_game with the "_mychild is true" sex blockers removed, one post was gone and the other stopped posting in this thread. I like to imagine he sent them hit squads but forgot to send one for darkace for the tier 2 hack :KEK:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Is he cool with incest mods? Because the two times someone posted an edited start_game with the "_mychild is true" sex blockers removed, one post was gone and the other stopped posting in this thread. I like to imagine he sent them hit squads but forgot to send one for darkace for the tier 2 hack :KEK:
I can't speak for the developer, but that is most likely related to Patreon rules.

There are places on planet Earth where sex is legal with 12 year olds... So, lore wise it makes no sense that there is no incest or sex before age 18 in Ikaanos.

A cool game mechanic, which will of course never happen, would have been for high corruption and high influence to make any kind of immoral things possible.

Reactions: Lurker452
Sep 29, 2019
I can't speak for the developer, but that is most likely related to Patreon rules.

There are places on planet Earth where sex is legal with 12 year olds... So, lore wise it makes no sense that there is no incest or sex before age 18 in Ikaanos.

A cool game mechanic, which will of course never happen, would have been for high corruption and high influence to make any kind of immoral things possible.
there is a problem with sex at 12 and even at 14. I even play this game.Then in my country i break the law by playing it. When i play a game or look a Film with underage Person that have Sex and even if i have only 1 nude Picture of an underage Person on my PC or anywhere else i get Problems.And with Problems i mean Problems 3-5 Years in Jail if im lucky Even incest is forbidden. what will you do now public the game only in that Country where you can Fuck children?

Last edited:

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
One suggestion, whenever a character increase stat, it'd be nice to see the current stat of said character. Like:

Aiko increases her strength! (55 -> 56)
Aria increases her strength! (62 -> 64)

ibell420

May 8, 2021
How to you make money from other factions? Do you have to donate or is it in a quest? Also are there only 6 slaves at the Slavers faction. I have bought the 6 and it never refreshes.

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020

Sure but here it's totally different, it's a fantasy in a game, there's no real children involved !
Following your logic no game should display murder and even less allow you to kill people, it's 20+ jail years...

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Sure but here it's totally different, it's a fantasy in a game, there's no real children involved !
Following your logic no game should display murder and even less allow you to kill people, it's 20+ jail years...
I didn't create Patreon rules...

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Per wiki:

Have anyone be able to activate this quest, or it´s not implemented in the new version? I should have status ¿20 may be? with both Walton and Roo, have invited them alone to diner and I get nothing---
I think, for them control may need to be low so lots of Bandits appear, but I don't know for sure. I haven't been able to trigger any of the party quest's.
Sorry I'm no help...... Just letting you know your not alone. ;)
Not control-RElated. I have lowered Ikaanos control to Anarchy (<5) and still get no quest or quest related talk- Not inviting them alone, not with other gests... If you invite only one of them with no other gest, you have the option of asking about background, but even with a liberal use of f5, I get no result....

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
Not control-RElated. I have lowered Ikaanos control to Anarchy (<5) and still get no quest or quest related talk- Not inviting them alone, not with other gests... If you invite only one of them with no other gest, you have the option of asking about background, but even with a liberal use of f5, I get no result....

1713725233568.png

Reactions: mailn2
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes