RPGM May's Summer Vacation [v0.04.1] [Otchakun]

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
well the purchasing of clothes could be a good way to deal with the extra money. run ins with gropers, staining during assorted jobs, or getting stolen when wearing a work uniform. i look forward to the ENF run ins with the people in town. that could lead to more of those, and a need to spend the money. i would like to wear clothes or accessories that increase wardrobe malfunctions and attention from those around me. completely accidently of course. though a chance run in with wandering hands on the bus wouldnt be a bad thing. also how about a movie theater to adjust your opinion of different situations. a movie for innocence, and one for perversion. afterall a weekend trip to the theatre would be a way to burn a couple of days pay from the bar.
While I love that idea, the issue is implementing it in a game that lets you go anywhere and do anything. If you can start any scene in any outfit, I'd have to draw every scene with every outfit, which isn't the best in a hand drawn game that isn't pixelart or just uses the same 2-3 poses for everything. So while I am adding new clothes to the shop over time, I'm limiting their use to specific areas and scenarios. So in the restaurant May wears the china dress, in the beach she'll have some bikini options and so on. One of those bikinis will be kind of a consumable, so having more outfits that can be bought several times is a good idea.

Another way to burn money would to allow the purchase of some big ticket items like a bicycle so she could go on a ride with Ember. A camera or video camera could be used with a photography class or on adventures with Jun. She could also fall for a scam where she damages something and has to make regular weekly payments, but it is something that she won't want to tell anyone about. This option would open the possibility of being encouraged to do lewd things to reduce the debt each week. An example could be the clothing shop guy slipping the expensive swimsuit into her bag and her setting the alarm off; unfortunately, the dress got damaged in the process and she has to pay the full price and if her parents find out, she'll have to spend the summer in her room. She could do some modeling, cleaning, stocking the store, or eventually actual lewd stuff .
Edit:
- The dress thing could also be a way for to work and not get a wage, it just goes to the debt, while keeping her from working the other job and gaining more money.
- The bicycle could lead to an adventure with ember where May can be influenced to be more comfortable with showing her body, like Ember. Maybe taking a break at a secluded lake and going skinny dipping.
Funny thing is, one of those ideas is almost literally something that will happen in the beach update xD

But yeah I like those! Having to buy certain items to take part on some quests is a great idea. The only problem is that most times May doesn't do anything herself, but things happen to hear. I really like the Ember one, tho I'm not sure if I want to gate content for the main 3 routes behind a purchase or side content, but we'll see! One idea is to have optional scenes with the main 3 outside of their routes, so you could meet them in the beach, hangout and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: damdam1212

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Heads up everyone! v0.03.1 is out early over on my !
For those who have it, here's a to get rid of those annoying mosaics. (Also attached below)

The public (and hopefully bug-free) release will be next week!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
now i had question at some point when may has sex will we get to choses who her first time is going to be or is that going to be its own thing in stone that we dont control

Reactions: Otchakun

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
now i had question at some point when may has sex will we get to choses who her first time is going to be or is that going to be its own thing in stone that we dont control
It's definitively going to be something you can choose! Either beforehand or just before with a yes/no question. Same for kissing, tho there's only one kiss scene in the game so far.

Reactions: damdam1212

minn-tan

Nov 23, 2021
Thank you! <3
Well, there's already May, but I'm considering adding more waitresses later on (having Baobao be the only one all the time is kinda weird, but she's the main one)
Thanks for replying. I'm a huge yurifag and having more yuri romance routes would be absolutely killer. I appreciate you for putting this game together, I think you're doing an amazing job based on what you've done thus far.

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Thanks for replying. I'm a huge yurifag and having more yuri romance routes would be absolutely killer. I appreciate you for putting this game together, I think you're doing an amazing job based on what you've done thus far.
Thanks again!
If you like yuri then maybe you'll like something that will be added to the beach ;)

Oct 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's just adorable! Love the cute art and story. Nice proportions are justice, we need so much more of this in adult games that focus a bit too much on huge breasts and butts.

Please take your time and make sure you do what you enjoy, that's how you slowly push your game to the finish line eventually, Otchakun.
+1, obviously.

(I don't post often and usually come back every few months or so, really looking forward to the development.)

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply! Always nice to see a developer who's motivated and knows what they are doing. Don't worry about running out of free time, if anything, putting too much into your project would cause you to burn out really fast heh. Please don't worry about the update schedule as well, can't insist enough on doing it at your own pace. Small updates definitely are better in the long run but it's all up to you (and your current situation at the time).

(Editing the post to avoid clogging up the thread. Also, always nice to see someone who knows how to optimize filesize in their assets. Those RMMV projects are lethal when you have to include every dreaded nwjs version in the production release; swiftswader and console locales don't help either... But don't mind my little rant - point is I see a game that's actually less than 100MB with lots of content and I love that too!)

Last edited:

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
That's just adorable! Love the cute art and story. Nice proportions are justice, we need so much more of this in adult games that focus a bit too much on huge breasts and butts.

Please take your time and make sure you do what you enjoy, that's how you slowly push your game to the finish line eventually, Otchakun.
Hehe, glad you're enjoying it! xD
And I agree. Nothing against boobs, but the objectively superior in all senses small and flat deserves more love.

I'm just working on it on the game at a healthy and, thanks to it being made on RPGM and having a simple structure, things are progressing fast enough. Tho I can't promise to always have this much free time.

I don't post often and usually come back every few months or so, really looking forward to the development
The last major update added a lot of stuff and so it took a little too long to release, so going forward I'll try breaking things up a little. Probably gonna split the beach update in 2 large updates with bug fixes between. So 1-2 months should be the the expected schedule. Hopefully there'll be new stuff next time you come back to check it then xD

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
It's definitively going to be something you can choose! Either beforehand or just before with a yes/no question. Same for kissing, tho there's only one kiss scene in the game so far.
awsome didnt realize about the kiss but not dissapoited they might be my first pick in geting the v card also whill the wolf from juns event come back or is a 1 and done atm

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
awsome didnt realize about the kiss but not dissapoited they might be my first pick in geting the v card also whill the wolf from juns event come back or is a 1 and done atm
Oh he will come back! It's just gonna take a while tho, since it's gonna be in the forest update, which is coming out after the beach, school and other stuff. Probably on v0.07.0.

Reactions: tacosnap123

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
I am a sucker for these type of games. Something casual yet cute. So far I really like how it´s turning out. I will follow with great interest. Keep up the good work and thx for the share

View attachment 3527987
OMG I'm gonna cry! :love::love::love: (hearts because I can't use the crying emoji here apparently lol)
Your May is ADORABLE! (This is the first fanart of this game I've seen!) Thanks a ton!

I'll keep doing my best and hopefully won't disappoint!

gruu

Nov 21, 2021
a small interaction you could implement to limit the money would be a need to do chores at home. a small 5 dollar allowance could be paid for it, but doing them would burn a whole period of the day. they could be set up as a mandatory interaction, with a punishment if you do not do them (hoping for a spanking myself). depending on if you are willing, we could be able to do said chores in various states of undress, as a means to avoid getting our clothes dirty. if its possible have a visitor interaction where a neighbor, police officer, or food delivery comes by while your tending to the house.

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
a small interaction you could implement to limit the money would be a need to do chores at home. a small 5 dollar allowance could be paid for it, but doing them would burn a whole period of the day. they could be set up as a mandatory interaction, with a punishment if you do not do them (hoping for a spanking myself). depending on if you are willing, we could be able to do said chores in various states of undress, as a means to avoid getting our clothes dirty. if its possible have a visitor interaction where a neighbor, police officer, or food delivery comes by while your tending to the house.
Yeah, that's something that has been suggested before!
Rn you can ask dad for money once, but mom won't help. It could be nice if she DID help, but with this kind of condition.
If I do add it, it won't be anytime soon tho. There're already quite a few ways of earning money planned, and content at home isn't the priority now. Plus we don't really have many ways of spending money now either xD

I really like the idea of other people showing up while May isn't properly dressed tho. I can imagine her being naked when cleaning the bathroom for example without too many excuses.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
Yeah, that's something that has been suggested before!
Rn you can ask dad for money once, but mom won't help. It could be nice if she DID help, but with this kind of condition.
If I do add it, it won't be anytime soon tho. There're already quite a few ways of earning money planned, and content at home isn't the priority now. Plus we don't really have many ways of spending money now either xD

I really like the idea of other people showing up while May isn't properly dressed tho. I can imagine her being naked when cleaning the bathroom for example without too many excuses.
easy exuse didnt want her cloths to get dirty while cleaning the tub/shower ( i forget exactly what actuly there but you get the point

gruu

Nov 21, 2021
i was thinking about a progression start with one of your dads t shirts being offered so you will not mess up your own clothes. one of his tank tops after you have gotten accustomed to being seen barely dressed in a nearly see through t shirt that doesnt cover your but. going as far as your imagination will wander. really think a wardrobe malfunction prone tank top as a cleaning dress has potential.

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
i was thinking about a progression start with one of your dads t shirts being offered so you will not mess up your own clothes. one of his tank tops after you have gotten accustomed to being seen barely dressed in a nearly see through t shirt that doesnt cover your but. going as far as your imagination will wander. really think a wardrobe malfunction prone tank top as a cleaning dress has potential.
Hmmm...
Again, stuff at house is pretty low in the priority list, but I like where this is going. Taking notes here xD

gruu

Nov 21, 2021
not sure about how you want to do it, but you could use the vending machines to sell buffs toward different events or stat raises. different candies or drinks cause a event in a certain place. suckers or ice pops causing an increase of attention and a raise in lewd when you figure out why. also buying a weaker version of perfume to try out yourself. only works in a limit location but those would be expensive. trying to find a way to spend money.

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
not sure about how you want to do it, but you could use the vending machines to sell buffs toward different events or stat raises. different candies or drinks cause a event in a certain place. suckers or ice pops causing an increase of attention and a raise in lewd when you figure out why. also buying a weaker version of perfume to try out yourself. only works in a limit location but those would be expensive. trying to find a way to spend money.
Well, despite making the game on RPG Maker, I've decided not to make much use of RPG mechanics. 90% of the time, if you get to a scene, you can see what it has to offer. The exception being gating more content or areas behind certain well comunicated items, like a bikini for the beach, or consumables like the pepper spray to avoid the Gropers. But this kind of stuff could work inside some setpieces tho, where you're isolated and have a set of tools you can use! Otherwise the game is gonna become bloated and full of confusing mechanics that don't quite fit the relaxing gameplay loop I'm looking for. I'll keep that in mind when I make some larger setpieces down the line, like a party of getting stranding in an island.

Reactions: tacosnap123
4.60 star(s) 10 Votes