RPGM May's Summer Vacation [v0.04.1] [Otchakun]

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Pinkaccuracy

Nov 7, 2021
The reason I'm preventing the player from going back to normal play is because I'm sure replaying scenes is going to mess the game up since variables change around during cutscenes and I don't trust myself to write stuff in a way it's guaranteed to go back the way it was before. Maybe it'd work if I made a copy of the scenes that just don't manipulate numbers and work only for the recollection room, but those same variables also make the scenes branch out, so that's probably way too much work I could spend on new content instead lol (sorry if that didn't make much sense. I'm honestly not that good at programming either)
Jen from "the IT crowd" comes to mind here, specifically this scene
( which I wholesomely recommend really, even if most nerd jokes go straight over my head. I believe this happens in the first episode )

But I guess I can understand that it will ( probably ) mess with lineair story progression due to events being reliant upon them and this could mean unforeseen and unplanned consequences.

Although now that I have said that, wouldn't it be viable to force an autosave before going into the recollection room and disable autosave from that point onwards, then when people want out of the recollection room you just make the game load the latest autosave?

• Haha
Reactions: Otchakun

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Jen from "the IT crowd" comes to mind here, specifically this scene
( which I wholesomely recommend really, even if most nerd jokes go straight over my head. I believe this happens in the first episode )

But I guess I can understand that it will ( probably ) mess with lineair story progression due to events being reliant upon them and this could mean unforeseen and unplanned consequences.

Although now that I have said that, wouldn't it be viable to force an autosave before going into the recollection room and disable autosave from that point onwards, then when people want out of the recollection room you just make the game load the latest autosave?
LMAO yeah, I imagine that's what programmers sound like to most people xD

But well, that's a really good idea! ... Except I'm not really in control of the autosaves. RPGM autosaves whenever your character moves around (even in the middle of a cutscene) and the only control over it the engine gives me is whether the autosave slot exists or not. In my last RPGM game I just disabled it since the game could break if you loaded from an autosave if it had saved during certain parts. I've improved a little since then so it shouldn't be a big issue (tho you should still keep a handful of manual saves just to be sure). I could probably do it if I went and dabbled with scripts, but again the point of using RPGM to be is it's easy and quick. The engine is really good at doing a handful of things, but also very limited and things can go terribly wrong if you decide to push it a little bit (especially in MZ since the plugin scenario got a little messy, but let's forget that part). Plus it isn't like anything is broken anyway, so I'd rather focus on the fun stuff for now and avoid more nightmares lol.

Reactions: Pinkaccuracy

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
Last edited:

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Found minor bug: drinking so much in chinese costume (scene will show default clothes)
Yes, but I wouldn't even consider that a bug. I'm just not remaking that scene for every possible outfit.
Maybe I could just prevent you from drinking unless May is wearing her default clothes tho xD

• Hey there
Reactions: SillyHotRPG

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
Yes, but I wouldn't even consider that a bug. I'm just not remaking that scene for every possible outfit.
Maybe I could just prevent you from drinking unless May is wearing her default clothes tho xD
Oh no! I wanna to see that scene in other outfits :'D

SillyHotRPG

Mar 1, 2022
Are there any reason to buy two bikini (cheap and expensive) in the current version?
Looks like the beach isn't working at the current moment.

gruu

Nov 21, 2021
really enjoying the game so far. any plans to expand the customers at the bar? maybe a chance that your mom and dad might show up? can not wait to see what you have planned for the school.

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Oh no! I wanna to see that scene in other outfits :'D
If I ever happen to draw all the outfits in that pose for some reason... then MAYBE! No promises tho!

Are there any reason to buy two bikini (cheap and expensive) in the current version?
Looks like the beach isn't working at the current moment.
Not yet. For now that's just preparation for the beach update. You don't really have to buy the expensive one btw. You'll also get the option to borrow the micro bikini from Abby later!

really enjoying the game so far. any plans to expand the customers at the bar? maybe a chance that your mom and dad might show up? can not wait to see what you have planned for the school.
Glad to hear! <3
The next minor update is adding 2 scenes to the restaurant where you get to watch Baobao working. After that I'm expanding on other areas, but plan to return to the city someday and add more content!
Scenes for May's parents are planned but rn I'm way more excited to lewd the other characters lol. So it's probably happening eventually, just not anytime soon.
Got a lot of stuff planned out for the school update, so hopefully you'll enjoy! First will come the beach tho, as I've already been teasing it for way too long lol.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I've definitely seen enemies with vision cones in RPGM games before - but I don't know how. I know it's possible.

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
I've definitely seen enemies with vision cones in RPGM games before - but I don't know how. I know it's possible.
I know it's possible with plugins, but unfortunately the plugin situation with RPGMMZ is a little rough (sometimes I wish I had gotten MV, despite being older). Alternatively I could just try scripting in the engine but that's when we start pushing RPGM into dangerous territory and I don't trust myself to deal with the consequences lol.

I do plan on implementing a simple stealth-ish mechanic later on, but it's very hard-coded and not the most interesting stuff. It still works for the kind of game I'm making tho. At the end of the day this is supposed to be a relaxing visual novel-ish sandbox, so I'd rather not stress out over complicated mechanics. I'm saving that to other projects.

Roerdin

May 2, 2020
If I ever happen to draw all the outfits in that pose for some reason... then MAYBE! No promises tho!

Not yet. For now that's just preparation for the beach update. You don't really have to buy the expensive one btw. You'll also get the option to borrow the micro bikini from Abby later!

Glad to hear! <3
The next minor update is adding 2 scenes to the restaurant where you get to watch Baobao working. After that I'm expanding on other areas, but plan to return to the city someday and add more content!
Scenes for May's parents are planned but rn I'm way more excited to lewd the other characters lol. So it's probably happening eventually, just not anytime soon.
Got a lot of stuff planned out for the school update, so hopefully you'll enjoy! First will come the beach tho, as I've already been teasing it for way too long lol.
That cheap "ws" bikini needs to see a few laps.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes