RPGM May's Summer Vacation [v0.04.1] [Otchakun]

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
cause you can quite fast to the beach without her getting in much 'trouble' (after intro first time to the city, Embers first scene there, at home asking the father for money, next day back to the city, first time working, buying the cheap swimsuit and voilà, you are at the beach with skipping quite every other content
Yes it's technically possible to speedrun your way to the beach, but I just don't expect people to do it in their first playthrough. Don't want to gatekeep them in any unnatural way tho. I'm already blocking half the city off in the first day so you don't explore too much. But I'll think about it.

I think the reaction of talking naked to Abby's was the normal line I played the first time, the second time (today) was the shy one. Don't know if it was a bug, cause I played both time on 0.4.
Gotta check out how I wrote the scene again then. I think both her and Ember have reactions to May being naked. Tho Abby only mentions it when you first meet her in the beach. Could add another comment in the sunscreen scene if I haven't already.

Azusa

Mar 4, 2018
Don't want to gatekeep them in any unnatural way tho.
Maybe the floatie guy is out of floaties?

And another thing I found: If you gave your first kiss to Abby, then after the first kiss with Baobao it will say the same as if it was your very first time, even if you had your very first time with Abby.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Otchakun

Hobucup

Jun 24, 2020
It would be cool to just go up to abby whenever you want and do things that you've already done with her like kiss or whatever, just to elevate the fact that its a slow burn

• Red Heart

Azusa

Mar 4, 2018
It would be cool to just go up to abby whenever you want and do things that you've already done with her like kiss or whatever, just to elevate the fact that its a slow burn
Well, I think it's a good idea, so you have some more repeatables in the game. I think the only ones are as the waitress?

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Maybe the floatie guy is out of floaties?
Could be an option, yeah.

And another thing I found: If you gave your first kiss to Abby, then after the first kiss with Baobao it will say the same as if it was your very first time, even if you had your very first time with Abby.
Did you play the latest update (v0.04.1)? Because I should've already solved this. All the scenes in the restaurant should play different if you already did them (or learned what the client's request entails). Tho I think May always said smth different in case it wasn't her first kiss. Baobao always takes the lead tho.

Yeah it's smth I have in mind too. Either you could ask her anytime, or when you meet her outside her bedroom (since that instance of her is meant to progress her questline), or be smth you can do once her questline is finished and repeatable content would be the only way to keep interacting with her.

Well, I think it's a good idea, so you have some more repeatables in the game. I think the only ones are as the waitress?
For now, pretty much. Renting a floaty is also repeatable, as well as playing volleyball, and both play out differently if you do it at sunset.

Hobucup

Jun 24, 2020
Yeah it's smth I have in mind too. Either you could ask her anytime, or when you meet her outside her bedroom (since that instance of her is meant to progress her questline), or be smth you can do once her questline is finished and repeatable content would be the only way to keep interacting with her.
The idea came because if there's repeatable scenes in the restaurant then going up to any of her friends and going out on a date or going out in general and leading into a scene that they've done together or just.. simply asking for something would be nice. Like asking for a kiss or to see up her skirt for the beginning portions of the questline. But I know that there's so much more content planned so who knows. Cant wait for next month (Assuming thats when the next update comes out!)

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
The idea came because if there's repeatable scenes in the restaurant then going up to any of her friends and going out on a date or going out in general and leading into a scene that they've done together or just.. simply asking for something would be nice. Like asking for a kiss or to see up her skirt for the beginning portions of the questline. But I know that there's so much more content planned so who knows. Cant wait for next month (Assuming thats when the next update comes out!)
Yes that's kind of a thing when the game is in development and you just have to wait for new content. Having repeatable scenes sounds nice for when you're waiting for anything new to come, but in the finished game you wouldn't have this kind of down time. Whenever you see an NPC, you're meant to do smth with them. If I can come up with a good idea then I might do it, but for now the plan is in v0.05.0 you'll have another step in Abby, Ember and Jun's questline. As soon as you meet them (outside the beach, ofc, since verything there are "side quests"), you'll get to their next scene.

At least in Abby's case, since she's always at home (as far as we know ;)), it could work for having 2 dialogue options: either play another game with her, or hang out a bit (could lead to kissing and all sorts of things). But Ember and Jun don't have a fixed place in the world. Tho I could make Ember show up in the convenience store whenever her questline doesn't require her to be somewhere else, and Jun could be at home too.

But that's an idea I could revisit in the future. For now got plenty of different content to add. In fact, v0.04.2 will expand the beach again and add another area with repeatable content, a lot like the restaurant. I hope it works to keep people busy for now xD

Hobucup

Jun 24, 2020
Yea I am honestly just wishing for a robot that outputted infinite ember scenes constantly because I am probably like others who always wait for more. But thank you for the hard work! There's so much already here, and thankfully there's a scene viewer!

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Yea I am honestly just wishing for a robot that outputted infinite ember scenes constantly because I am probably like others who always wait for more. But thank you for the hard work! There's so much already here, and thankfully there's a scene viewer!
Unfortunately I'm not a robot and only get to work on this game in my little free time so... yeah. At best I could start using AI art to speed things up lol (ofc I'd never. Drawing cute girls and boys is what I live for!)

And thank YOU for sticking around xD
I hope to keep adding new fun scenes as long as I can!

Reactions: Ahsl

Azusa

Mar 4, 2018
Did you play the latest update (v0.04.1)?
Not yet, am on 0.4 atm. I'll look into it later then.
and both play out differently if you do it at sunset.
You can rent a floatie at sunset?
Well, okay, was more focused on the volleyball at sunset, maybe I didn't see it.
At least in Abby's case, since she's always at home (as far as we know ;))
Well, at the 0.4 update you can find her once at the beach, so eventually a repeatable beach szene whenever she is there (rnd factor).

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
You can rent a floatie at sunset?
Well, okay, was more focused on the volleyball at sunset, maybe I didn't see it.
The guy is still there so you can still rent it. He does warn you about the jellyfish tho ;)

Well, at the 0.4 update you can find her once at the beach, so eventually a repeatable beach szene whenever she is there (rnd factor).
If you want to be technical, there's always one instance of her in her bedroom, since that's where you always progress her story (and I never bothered to remove her after there are no more available scenes). The instance in the beach is like Jun's, and only there for a small questline.

Probably gonna add more instances like that in other places in the future (got one place Abby is going to be regularly at night planned out). It's not in the plans for now, but we already have repeatable content with Ember in the beach, so it's only fair we have some more for the other 2 neighbors xD

Reactions: Azusa

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
It's time, folks! v0.04.1 is out! It's actually a collab with an artist I quite respect, so you'll be able to meet a certain guest character and go on a small quest with her in search of a legendary gaming console from a local urban legend!

As always, it's available on my for one week, and after that it gets a public (and hopefully bug-free) release.

If you're having issues with Fanbox, just send me some money via and I'll email you the download link. (Dm me if I forgot you or I'm taking too long lol)

For those who got the update from Fanbox, here's the (also attached below).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I think that's everything! Hope you have fun! xD

Will we continue to get the Demosaic patch w/ future updates, or will this patch work with future updates w/o having to DL patch each time??

• Red Heart

curuptor

Jan 20, 2019
I wanted to tell that the Gropers' questline does not show up in the diary even after the patch.
Its still a lovely and cute game. Keep up the good work.

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Will we continue to get the Demosaic patch w/ future updates, or will this patch work with future updates w/o having to DL patch each time??
The demosaic patch is just for people who got the game from Fanbox (it's a Japanese site, so it's a requirement there). The public version is always uncensored!

still no subscribe star account?
Unfortunately, it's been under review for months now ;-;
If you just want to support the game, you can try tho.

I wanted to tell that the Gropers' questline does not show up in the diary even after the patch.
Its still a lovely and cute game. Keep up the good work.
Oh that's weird. Their questline is progressing just fine for me. Maybe the bug will remain stuck to your save file now (tho it shouldn't). Unless you're talking about the recollection room? Haven't added them or any of the repeatable scenes there yet, sorry!
Either way, thanks a lot! Hope you keep having fun! ;)

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes