Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Meeting her [v1.4.1b] Walkthrough Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
game/scripts/ChapterOne/update1.rpy (and rpyc) in the original game starts with a lower-case 'u' while the one in the mod starts with an uppercase 'U' - this causes duplicate files on operating systems with case-sensitive file systems (such as Linux) if you follow the instructions and simply copy the files over.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Hit reload. it'll recompile the rpyc's from the rpy's. I forgot to copy the updated rpyc's with the recompile.

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
Hit reload. it'll recompile the rpyc's from the rpy's. I forgot to copy the updated rpyc's with the recompile.
.rpyc will be automatically recompiled if the .rpy changes I think.. but that's not the issue; problem is duplicate .rpy files. I have one Update1.rpy and one update1.rpy - fixed it by deleting the original update1.rpy and renaming Update1.rpy to update1.rpy; just thought I'd let you know. Probably isn't an issue on Windows (as the two files would be treated the same and overwritten properly) but for Linux users it would probably be a good idea to package the files in all lowercase.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
.rpyc will be automatically recompiled if the .rpy changes I think.. but that's not the issue; problem is duplicate .rpy files. I have one Update1.rpy and one update1.rpy - fixed it by deleting the original update1.rpy and renaming Update1.rpy to update1.rpy; just thought I'd let you know. Probably isn't an issue on Windows (as the two files would be treated the same and overwritten properly) but for Linux users it would probably be a good idea to package the files in all lowercase.
Then the problem is you didn't place the files from the mod in the correct location and over-write the originals, as you should have been prompted to do.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
I got the same error with Lidia at the store despite both being 1.4.1.b -- can't remember what I overwrote and when though.

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
Then the problem is you didn't place the files from the mod in the correct location and over-write the originals, as you should have been prompted to do.
No I unpacked to the correct location but Update1.rpy will not overwrite update1.rpy because of case sensitivity. See screenshot. All the other files are correctly replaced as they have the correct case, and once I delete the old update1 and rename the one from your mod everything works correctly (game starts, mod works).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
ShaddyModda don't know if this is a bug in the original code or if the mod introduced it. It is where you get a menu choice to pay for coworkers stuff at the convenience store. If you ignore, it auto chooses not to pay.
I have the same error, tried to play without mod and there's no problem.
Make sure both the game and mod are the same version. 1.4.1b

I did a temp fix, deleted the [mart1] from first menu choice and [martd1] from second, as both of those switches seemed to not lead anywhere/caused errors. Now the menu loads just showing the info that paying gains points with your daughter/friend.

Cum in Pussy

Dec 19, 2020
sorry i already download the mod for walkthrough on this game.. maybe it sound like stupid... i dont know how to install this mod on the game.... i'm so stupid with this thing and slow... please explain 1by1 not shortcut because i'm not pro in english and also with tech.. please explain to me how to install it... sorry if i make the trouble....

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
No I unpacked to the correct location but Update1.rpy will not overwrite update1.rpy because of case sensitivity. See screenshot. All the other files are correctly replaced as they have the correct case, and once I delete the old update1 and rename the one from your mod everything works correctly (game starts, mod works).
For the Mac where you perform a merge of the game folder with the one in autorun, the easiest fix is to change the name of both files in the mod's game folder to lower case and then perform the merge.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
sorry i already download the mod for walkthrough on this game.. maybe it sound like stupid... i dont know how to install this mod on the game.... i'm so stupid with this thing and slow... please explain 1by1 not shortcut because i'm not pro in english and also with tech.. please explain to me how to install it... sorry if i make the trouble....
Unzip the downloaded zip file into the same folder as the game is located(MeetingHerEng-1.4.1b-pc). It will ask to overwrite some files, say yes to all.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ah I c. I thought you were referring to the labels before. I hadn't even noticed the file names.
It seems to me there are missing variable definitions of "mart1" and "martd1" in ShaddyOptions.rpy
ok I HAD added those, but apparently, the file didn't save properly.

Sorry about that guys. I've fixed those and re-uploaded the mod. Hopefully no more issues. I've also asked Wills747 to redo the port with the fixed mod, not sure when he'll be able to get to it though. Pretty sure he's sleeping at this time. :)

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
ah I c. I thought you were referring to the labels before. I hadn't even noticed the file names.

ok I HAD added those, but apparently, the file didn't save properly.

Sorry about that guys. I've fixed those and re-uploaded the mod. Hopefully no more issues. I've also asked Wills747 to redo the port with the fixed mod, not sure when he'll be able to get to it though. Pretty sure he's sleeping at this time. :)
Yeah, just ran into that problem myself, came here, and sure enough, the fix worked. Thank you so very much for this!!!

Cum in Pussy

Dec 19, 2020
Unzip the downloaded zip file into the same folder as the game is located(MeetingHerEng-1.4.1b-pc). It will ask to overwrite some files, say yes to all.
i still dont understand which files?? the written game in meeting her mod or game in meeting her not the mod.... unzip what... i try cut the mod put in the game not the mod.... what button to overwrite.... sorry i so super nub in tech.. please explain 1 by 1.... sorry bro for make the trouble..... so many thing like galleries, fonts and mozilla firefox ... i dont know how.... one more time i so sorry...

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
i still dont understand which files?? the written game in meeting her mod or game in meeting her not the mod.... unzip what... i try cut the mod put in the game not the mod.... what button to overwrite.... sorry i so super nub in tech.. please explain 1 by 1.... sorry bro for make the trouble..... so many thing like galleries, fonts and mozilla firefox ... i dont know how.... one more time i so sorry...
OK, I will try to explain with some visuals. First you should have mod you downloaded in same subfolder as the meeting her folder as seen in the picture below, right click on mod and choose to extract here, as seen in picture...
instr1.png

Then right click on the renpy folder and choose cut, then right click on game folder and click paste, as seen in next two pics...
instr2.png
instr3.png

Then right click on the game folder seen in below pictures, click cut then right click on the meeting her folder and click paste, when it asks to overwrite files, say yes to all...
instr4.png
instr5.png

Now open up your meeting her folder and launch game.
instr6.png

Cum in Pussy

Dec 19, 2020
OK, I will try to explain with some visuals. First you should have mod you downloaded in same subfolder as the meeting her folder as seen in the picture below, right click on mod and choose to extract here, as seen in picture...
View attachment 1338358

Then right click on the renpy folder and choose cut, then right click on game folder and click paste, as seen in next two pics...
View attachment 1338365
View attachment 1338366

Then right click on the game folder seen in below pictures, click cut then right click on the meeting her folder and click paste, when it asks to overwrite files, say yes to all...
View attachment 1338367
View attachment 1338372

Now open up your meeting her folder and launch game.
View attachment 1338373
TQ BRO TQ SO MUCH... I SOLVE IT... TQ GOD BLESS YOU BRO TQ SO MUCH... it still same way to install like this in others game mod??

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote