Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-07-25] [Melissa N.]

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I agree with you on most of this. Which is why I think it's possible that it is only one of Andrew or Marina involved. Then the initial meeting dinner makes sense. I'm betting on Andrew (Andrews attempt to learn Greek beforehand comes in mighty handy here)
I think the problem is, what's the con here? How does Andrew get paid?

As far as I can tell, there's two "paydays" here. Either you're trying to con Nikos out of money. Or you're trying to con Toska. Toska is merely a matter of staying on his good side, which is what kicked off the feminization. As far as we can tell, this really was impromptu. We have Nikos' inner thoughts that do seem to show that feminizing Andrew was upon hearing that he has acting skills.

GREECE21.png

I'll note, I'm still in the camp of "everything is Nikos' fault". To me, this scene just suggests that I was wrong in some of my theories that Nikos was preplanning the feminization even before the trip, but rather Nikos started manipulating things when he realized he had an opportunity to entrap Andrew.

But going back to the earlier point... Andrew (or Marina) still need to be able to get that money. So if feminization wasn't part of that plan (we can generally also rule out Marina having conspired with Nikos to feminize Andrew and getting a payout, for the previous discussion that was had about Marina being in on the feminization all along), then what was the plan?

To be honest, I don't think there was a con involved. Nor do I think Marina and Andrew are "on the run". They're really casual in all the earlier scenes, and at no point does the stress cause them to slip up about having fears outside of the current plot. I think that maybe at worse, Marina and Andrew lost all their money but are still barely making ends meet.

I had completely forgot: Marina's a (fledgling) journalist:

GREECE1.png

I'm assuming that features into the plot somewhere? Maybe that will be a part of that flashback then? Like, Andrew was doing something thinking he was helping Marina's career, but really screwed it up. Which might also explain why Marina was more willing to forgive him for losing their life savings.