Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-10-23] [Melissa N.]

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
I'm not too inclined to out much until the Giuseppe story - that seems more of a plot device to make Nikos suggestion not completely out of the blue. I suppose a guy in nun drag with and amulet might be a kink fir someone but it just seems like a story to show that Nikos had a pretty fun carefree life, and oh yeah, maybe Andre can help me.

Now Seferi is a different story. The fact that it was 22 years ago and that not only did he go to prison for embezzlement, btw he had an affair with a guy the year before. Maybe Nikos, I can see that as a possibility. But his wife and brother go in the clinic as well, and if he had kids....what happens to them? This is also about the time Marina and her parents take off for the US, so maybe that is important too
One odd thing sort of related - Eva and Stefanos - where and when did they know each other before? Dimitra is completely unaware they know each other, he doesn't know Sophia, and they have supposedly been gone abroad for the past 5 years, which means Stefanie would have been a teenager at best. And he says to Elena - so glad to finally meet you in person" as if Eva had spoken about her to Stefano's in the past.

The clothes thing I think is just genre storytelling. Melissa's heroines never seen to be in want of an endless supply of fashion. A flaw, but an enjoyable flaw - Elena's "hospital visit" outfit is quite a look down to the last detail.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Yes. That's what I'm assuming. It's Chekhov's gun. Why do you think the news report on Seferis past (p. 393) explicitly mentions a gay affair? Take away the gay affair and the scene would have provided the same information to Elena. So it's got to be there for a reason. If it wasn't an affair with a character in the story, what would it be? Would it not make sense for it to be Nikos?
Here's where I'm not convinced: Because this affair was super public, which would imply that Nikos was outed as well. And if not outed, then based on the story we're told about Toska, you'd think he'd have found out it was Nikos.

If that was the case, then there's no reason for the plot to kick off. Toska would have never agreed to meet with Nikos if he thought Nikos was gay.

So the only way possible for this plot to still work is for Toska (and the public) to not know it was Nikos. And that would require Toska to behave in a way that is out of character to the little we've been told about him.

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Here's where I'm not convinced: Because this affair was super public, which would imply that Nikos was outed as well. And if not outed, then based on the story we're told about Toska, you'd think he'd have found out it was Nikos.

If that was the case, then there's no reason for the plot to kick off. Toska would have never agreed to meet with Nikos if he thought Nikos was gay.

So the only way possible for this plot to still work is for Toska (and the public) to not know it was Nikos. And that would require Toska to behave in a way that is out of character to the little we've been told about him.
Who are the men Kevin Spacey had sex with that outed him as a homosexual man? What's the name of the man George Michael went into the public bathroom with that outed him as gay? Who are the men Diddy had sex with? Those are some high-profile (presumed in the case of Diddy at the moment of this writing) affairs to out a gay man to the public. It's not a given both names in the relationship are released to the public.

To me, Nikos' timeline has him start with Giuseppe, then be Seferi's male mistress and later on have the many women flings his daughter talks about to compensate his inner-hatred of his gay-leaning preferences without true commitment.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
It's not a given both names in the relationship are released to the public.
There's the other part of my criticism which is that even if it's not directly public, from what we know about Toska, he would have found out.

While there may be some examples that I'm not familiar, when people get caught in an affair, the other person is usually exposed as well. None of your examples were situations where those people were caught in the act with another person.

Kevin Spacey wasn't caught having gay sex. He came out after allegations of sexual misconduct with minors including men. We know those victim's names. And Spacey only came out as gay likely to try to deflect those allegations.

George Michael came out as gay after being arrested, but he wasn't caught with another man. He was entrapped by an undercover cop (who we even know the name of). Because there was already speculation he was gay, he came out as to avoid further intrusion into his private life.

As for Diddy, the reason there's speculation of him being gay is because he's being sued by men and women for sexual assault. For like $30 the names can be looked up on the filings as they're public.

And again, the more important part isn't whether or not the info is public (although I think it is unlikely, albeit possible, for the partner of a person that's outed after being caught in an extramarital affair to remain anonymous given tabloid media). It's that the info we're given on Toska suggest that he's the kind of person who wouldn't have left that kind of loose end.

Supposedly, this is the same man that's so paranoid he's having Nikos' family followed seemingly out of pure paranoia. Seems to me he's exactly the kind of guy who would go: "Seferi cheated on his wife with a MAN? What else is he hiding? Who is this man and what did Seferi tell him about me and my operation? etc etc".

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
There's the other part of my criticism which is that even if it's not directly public, from what we know about Toska, he would have found out.
Would he though? I'm not sure he would be guaranteed to do so.

In the case of Spacey, the publicity focused on him having sex with young male actors. If you were to suspect to know a young actor who may be gay, one might look up their names. It's a very specific thing to look for though, especially for it to have happened 22 years ago. Same for the other examples I mentioned. They're high-profile situations, but the focus is on one party. When doing due diligence on a party, they're not the easiest links to be found. If they're not publicised you'd have to dig deep into the, say, George Michael case to find the name of the police officer. But would that case automatically pop up if you'd look up that cop if it were a 22-year old case? I'm not sure it would.

And I feel it's worth pointing out Seferi's homosexual affair wasn't of any legal consequences. It was just a publicity thing. So there wouldn't be any firm police files of any sorts on it, well categorised in a library somewhere. Greece in 2000 (when the affair would have been published) is a different beast from 2024.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Would he though? I'm not sure he would be guaranteed to do so.
I'm saying it is in character for him to do so and it would be massively out of character if he didn't. Again, this story has painted Toska as a massively paranoid and bigoted man. It's entirely possible that the story will have a reveal that yes Nikos was Seferi's lover and Toska just didn't find that out. But I would not consider that logical based on the details we've been presented.

In the case of Spacey, the publicity focused on him having sex with young male actors. If you were to suspect to know a young actor who may be gay, one might look up their names. It's a very specific thing to look for though, especially for it to have happened 22 years ago. Same for the other examples I mentioned. They're high-profile situations, but the focus is on one party.
The point is that for each of those high profile situations, it is very easy to look up the other party(ies) involved using publicly available resources. Spacey's victims have their own wikipedia entry regarding Spacey's sexual abuse allegations.

When doing due diligence on a party, they're not the easiest links to be found. If they're not publicised you'd have to dig deep into the, say, George Michael case to find the name of the police officer. But would that case automatically pop up if you'd look up that cop if it were a 22-year old case? I'm not sure it would.
The George Michael case is literally from 1998, 26 years ago. It took me like 3 minutes to find the name of the officer involved. And many of those articles are from between 1998 and 2001, so it's not even like this is because of the exploding popularity of the internet.

And I feel it's worth pointing out Seferi's homosexual affair wasn't of any legal consequences. It was just a publicity thing. So there wouldn't be any firm police files of any sorts on it, well categorised in a library somewhere. Greece in 2000 (when the affair would have been published) is a different beast from 2024.
Paparazzi have been relentless for decades. Princess Diana's paparazzi related death was in '97. Celebrity gossip and trying to get the scoop on an affair isn't a new thing. If anything, once Seferi went to jail, the obsession over getting an interview with the man he had an affair with would have only increased. So while the affair may not have legal consequences, Seferi was involved in a situation that had huge legal consequences. And apparently, articles written at the time seemed to think the affair was still fresh and relevant enough to continue to bring it up.

Regardless, I welcome the speculation, but I'd want to hear how this would further the plot or character motivations. If Nikos was Seferi's lover, then that's implying that maybe this story is about him trying to get revenge on Toska with Seferi. But the two don't really seem to be working together. Nikos is getting married not to Seferi, but to Elena. Nikos without a lover makes sense why he's crafting Andrew into a lover. But if he's in love with Seferi enough to take care of his daughters and also help on a revenge plot, it genuinely doesn't make sense to me why he's also this hyper fixated on fucking Elena.

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
The point is that for each of those high profile situations, it is very easy to look up the other party(ies) involved using publicly available resources. Spacey's victims have their own wikipedia entry regarding Spacey's sexual abuse allegations.

The George Michael case is literally from 1998, 26 years ago. It took me like 3 minutes to find the name of the officer involved. And many of those articles are from between 1998 and 2001, so it's not even like this is because of the exploding popularity of the internet.
My point is you'd have to be aware of Marcelo Rodriguez and role in order to link him with the George Michael case. Nikos isn't the George Michael in the reporting. In my theory he's the Marcelo Rodriguez. He's the mistress in the relationship. And the George Michael or the other examples I mentioned aren't even good ones, as they're much higher profile examples from AAA-list stars. A random businessman who embezzled 10 million dollars isn't on the same level als Lady Di.
My point is two people having an affair publicised on don't always get equal coverage in the press. Names of mistresses do get forgotten and get impossible later on. When Britney Spears cheated on Justin Timberlake with professional liar Wade Robson it wasn't known to the public.

I'm suggesting Seferi was a high profile businessman who went to jail for embezzling money. It may be so that Nikos stole a bit of that money to help him start up his business and he took in Seferi's daughters. That's how Nikos came to prominence later on in his career. But he wasn't at the time of the affair. When coming up to prominence he's lived the life of a bachelor to cover for his true preferences in romantic partners: men.

Regardless, I welcome the speculation, but I'd want to hear how this would further the plot or character motivations. If Nikos was Seferi's lover, then that's implying that maybe this story is about him trying to get revenge on Toska with Seferi. But the two don't really seem to be working together. Nikos is getting married not to Seferi, but to Elena. Nikos without a lover makes sense why he's crafting Andrew into a lover. But if he's in love with Seferi enough to take care of his daughters and also help on a revenge plot, it genuinely doesn't make sense to me why he's also this hyper fixated on fucking Elena.
Bear with me, as I'm a bit of a scatterbrain. I'll just type and hope you can follow me here.

Joel is like a triple spy in the story. He works for Elena (p788), Nikos (p1142) and Toska (p672). He's the nephew of Seferi (p1196), which is interesting as on p672 Joel says a relative of his used to do business with Toska, which didn't end well for that relative and he had to take a job with Toska as a way to humiliate his family. So, I think it's safe to say Joel is the son of Seferi's brother who had to pay off the fraud and embezzling of 10 million dollars.
Because he's shot (by Seferi, without wearing gloves, which is interesting), Elena suddenly starts trusting Seferi and Joel whom she knows are working together. But we know Seferi did it to regain her trust (p1203). So we know they can't be trusted. Why can't he be trusted do you think?

You're asking for a motive. Sophia shares an interesting motive. If Nikos gets married (or renews his vows), Seferi knows where Toska will be so he can be arrested. Toska humiliated (Joels words) Seferi's family. That's revenge.
If Seferi was romantically close with Nikos in the past he knows his type. Nikos has been a bachelor for a long time, never committing to a woman. If Seferi works with one of the daughters he has a close link to one of the women feminising Andrew into Elena, the one who helped establish a look for her. Eva is the person Marina is in contact with when she's in Crete (p169), serving as a wall between her and Andrew to single him out. Sophia later avoids Marina (p831) to keep her at a distance. In Crete, Marina is in need of rescue when she's being stalked by Gjoka, who happens to be married to the woman who drugged Andrew earlier that started the whole feminisation process (p805). James then serves as a distraction for Marina later on, even though she says he isn't a threat to Andrew.

So the way I see it (right now), Seferi wants to take revenge on Toska for humiliating his family after he embezzled money. Gjoka cooperates to take the top step for himself, even giving a gun with his own prints to frame his boss. That revenge is taken by having someone marry Nikos, who happily obliges as he has a woman tailor-made for him by people who know his preferences. He likes his women to be former men. That's something only a former partner of his would know.

I feel this ties most of the story together. Angeliki serves a questionable role as someone who took Elena to the beauty salon where she suffered a scare (p524) without Eva and Sophia. This scare was big enough for her to forget all that's happened there, including her ability to speak English and causes her to think in Greek. This happened the day before Elena woke up after her surgery; she feels she was talking to her doctor "just a minute ago", so I expect we'll get a flashback of this big scare later on. Maybe Angeliki played a role in it, as she's the person picking Elena's swimsuit that further drives a wedge between Andrew and Marina as Nikos can't stay away from Elena in it (p1221).

Are there any loose ties I haven't covered yet? Feel free to disagree, but I feel this story would give mostly everyone a logical motive and reasoning to do what they've done so far.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
It's as good an explanation as anyone else has right now. Nikos is weird, and I mean that in a character way - his actions defy rational explanation and we have been given cery luttjecto explain any motivation he might have. And he seems to be so central to what's going on despite his absence in the main plotline. He just shows up every now and then to do something hot with Elena.

Anyway this nade be think of the shoot Joel story and I don't get it. Seferi shoots Joel in a way that is very discoverable by the police, makes sure not to kill him (he talks about what will happen to Joel afterward. Why would he not be concerned that Joel would point the finger at him? Now. The police start an investigation and somehow Marina is playing naughty schoolgirl with the cop the same night. How did this happen? Then, Seferi and a female accomplice decide to do the super duper sex change on Joel, against his will. As he is in the hospital. Would this not be a tad concerning to the police? Sure they could hide Joel, but they don't seem to have done so very quickly have slowed multiple people to see Joel post surgery and it might be a little difficult as he recovers from being shot and a very of different surgeries. Police guy comes in. Joel says "help!" SeferI obviously had some planned use for girl Joel, but his method seems bizarre. And I have no idea what that use is.
Maybe it's just sloppy storytelling or maybe we aren't really getting the whole idea of what is going on here. Is the police guy really police? If not, then it makes more sense - authorities aren't investigating a shooting, but some characters think they are. This would kind of implicate Marina in this, as she knows the cop - maybe their sexual banter was all part of the joke.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
If Nikos gets married (or renews his vows), Seferi knows where Toska will be so he can be arrested. Toska humiliated (Joels words) Seferi's family. That's revenge.
I do think this is the intended motivation for Seferi (as I laid out in my last "big" theory). I agree with Thanaltyr's response to my post from that time where hinging your revenge plot on a wedding taking place and that Toska will feel obligated to attend seems absurd, but I give it credibility only because the characters (Sofia) gives it credibility.

I think the main thing that doesn't sit right with me are Nikos' motivations.

Your theory seems to imply that Nikos is an innocent bystander in Seferi's plot. That because Seferi knows Nikos is into feminized men, he's setting Elena up to make this wedding happen so that he can lure Toska to Greece again.

However, what kicks this feminization plot off to being with is Nikos suggesting it.

Going further, the other thing that kicks off this plot is that Nikos is doing business with Toska. If Nikos really was lovers with Seferi, and he's not in on a revenge plot, then why would he do business with the person that harmed his former-lover?

Flipping it around, if we keep to your theory and Nikos IS part of Seferi's plot. This helps with some parts: Having a wedding and a contract clause that brings Toska back to Greece would make more sense if Nikos is helping this plot happen.

But if Nikos still feels this strongly about Seferi, why would he be marrying Elena? Like, this whole plot is putting himself, the daughters, and his niece's lives all in danger. That's a lot to do for someone you're not even trying to end up with?!

Some other miscellaneous points:

Roan's prints being on the gun doesn't make sense to me for trying to frame Toska. If you want to frame Toska, you do it by putting Toska's prints on the gun. Even if the plan is for Roan to testify that he was ordered to do so by Toska, he's risking his own imprisonment in a way that seems too risky. If Roan really is on the plot, it would make way more sense for Roan to have provided a gun with Toska's prints.

As such, I think it's unlikely Roan is cooperating with Seferi in this Seferi led plot. Instead, it'd make more sense if Seferi has framed Roan and is hoping to flip him against Toska. That said, that's if you believe the story Seferi told Sofia. The cleaner option is that Seferi intends to do something himself to Toska once Toska shows up.

Also, if Sofia and Eva are actually Seferi's daughters, then it's extra weird for them to be talking about having a mom and looking forward to having Elena as a mom since their biological mother should be out of prison, same or even earlier than Seferi.

I think this plot likely has many characters having very different motivations that intersect on occassion. Joel is probably the best example as he clearly was intending on keeping up the femininzed Elena story for his own gain until Seferi derailed that plan by shooting him and combining Joel's role into his own plot. Marina is similarly weaving in and out of other people's schemes.

Tjboy

May 10, 2022
PSA: Kemono admin just announced he is shutting down the site on November 22, so I would download everything you can before then.

Source:
Not the kemono man...wow... I don't even know how to feel right now, I've seen so many content because of it and now it's just suddenly shutting down. Sigh....now only forum or very niche discord or telegram account's will be available or not even that! Where do we go from here

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Not the kemono man...wow... I don't even know how to feel right now, I've seen so many content because of it and now it's just suddenly shutting down. Sigh....now only forum or very niche discord or telegram account's will be available or not even that! Where do we go from here
Good lord. I understand that it's worded a bit loosely, but people really need to read the context and also follow up on info.

It's a status update on the servers. They are replacing servers. The timeline is that the old servers are being axed Nov 22. The Admin even says more info in Part 2. Why would there be a Part 2 if this was just the site shutting down?

The datacenter has been a fucking joke at this point, very cool server prices but the fucking network is sending me insane, like at this point does this look like burnt optics or a crack in the fiber?
You take a guess.

Already ordered actual hardware and will colocate soon, planned deployment is 15th of November.
Should I keep the N1 N2 N3 N4 naming scheme or do you want to change it up?
Here's , straight from the same Admin the next day. I'll go ahead and also say: expect some downtime. And expect that it'll still be some time for new things to be posted because the importers aren't fully working for certain sites. It's not a sign that the sky is falling.

Tjboy

May 10, 2022
Good lord. I understand that it's worded a bit loosely, but people really need to read the context and also follow up on info.

It's a status update on the servers. They are replacing servers. The timeline is that the old servers are being axed Nov 22. The Admin even says more info in Part 2. Why would there be a Part 2 if this was just the site shutting down?

Here's , straight from the same Admin the next day. I'll go ahead and also say: expect some downtime. And expect that it'll still be some time for new things to be posted because the importers aren't fully working for certain sites. It's not a sign that the sky is falling.
Oh damn...my bad, should've read more on that. I accept my mistake. Not sad anymore. Man I really wanna delete my original comment. But oh well, we learn from our mistakes Afterall :( I'm just glad at least it's not shutting down. Thank god!