Fan Art Melody: Fan Art and Assets Thread

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah. I agree with completely everything you said about Genesis 9. And there's also the issue of file size... I don't think I'll go for Genesis 9 until I really want to use some item. I believe most PAs will do for at least a year items that fit both G8 & G9, so I won't bother... Though I didn't start using G8.1 right from the beginning, it's exactly what you said: except for the expressions (correct me if I'm wrong), you can use almost everything from G8 without any trouble, even the morphs! G9 is not like that, as you said (though, also as you said, posing is not so different, and we can always use autofit...).

Which was that old Melody skin? Never noticed any old G3 on her since she's originally a G8 character (SASE Addy). Sophia, for me, always used GDN Darla... Which G8F skin are you using?

BTW, do you have any idea about the skin and/or morphs of the flight assistant girl, Isabella?
I think the G8 versions are fan driven, remember this is not a new VN (March 2018). Near the beginning of the game thread there was mention of the character bases, and I am pretty sure it was mentioned that Melody's skin texture is and Sophia textures are from .

Since a lot of PA's tend to use the same skin textures between generations (with sometimes minor tweaks) Nixie and Darla could be the same textures.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nice! I loved that pinup magazine effect! This is postwork, right? Or did you manage to do that on render?

B.T.W., I did more testing of the Genesis 9... What awful tits they have... I liked the faces and managed to make so pretty cuties with them, but the tits will postpone any use of them indefinitely... Are you using the original ones or one of those grafts?
This was all post in Photoshop. She was rendered as character only on a transparent background, so what you see as a background here is a Solid Fill layer. This was a Genesis 8.1 version of Melody.

The G9 version I posted in the DAZ Skill main thread was using base Genesis 9 Female and the character cloning approximation already highlighted on YouTube on how to get a morphed G8 to G9. The skin was a geoshell that was UV mapped as G8.

I don't really know what DAZ was thinking with a single G9 able to morph from male to female, maybe Eve was built from Adam but they certainly aren't built the same anymore.

Reactions: The Japanese

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
OK, I need someone to test this .duf.

I attempted to merge all of the morphs I used for Sophia into a single morph, so that people can just load the .duf file and use it, without having to track down morphs. I THINK I did this right, but need someone else to load the .duf file and see if it looks correct when opened.

You'll still need GDN Darla for the skin textures, of course, and Marigold Hair.

She should look like this when the file loads.

View attachment 354467

You may need to point the torso texture to the one included in the .zip file.

Other than that, let me know if the file loads correctly, and matches the pic above. If there's an issue, please share the error messages you may see, so that I can try to figure things out from there.

Edit: I didn't have this quite right before, but I think I fixed it. Use this .7zip file instead:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/07/369906_Sophia_G8F_MkIIb_OhWee.7z
Got the following:

/E:/games/characterwips/GDNDarlaTorso_1002pn.jpg

... ???? why /E:/games/characterwips/GDNDarlaTorso_1002pn.jpg.... I have no such folder!
2022-12-22 22:43:41.761 [WARNING] :: Could not resolve: /Runtime/Textures/Godin/GDN Darla/GDNDarlaLegsS_1003.jpg

I would love to know how you made all your morphs you used for Sophia into a single morph?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just drop the Darla Torso somewhere where you can find it, and then point Daz at it when you get the 'missing files' message.

Not sure what's going on with the legs, they should be in GDN Darla's folder (wherever you usually put your characters /Runtime/Textures/Godin/) Have you installed GDN Darla yet?

As for how to 'merge' things into a single morph...

In this case, just follow the steps using a G3F or whatever, unless you want to try to move the morph forward.

I think that there was another tutorial that essentially explained the same thing, but it doesn't look like I have it bookmarked.

This tutorial looks about right...

Reactions: Shadow2007

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Made one more attempt at G9 Melody, but gave up after a couple of hours as the skin textures just don't want to cooperate. This time I used to convert the skins. It does not appear to be as universal as the author claims as there are bugs in the conversion of some Genesis 8.1 textures. The Genesis 8 textures I tried all seem to work fine. Of course, you need to read his docs where he plainly states that the normal maps the scripts creates are just gibberish and need to be tossed. I tried substituted the standard G9 normal maps and that seem to work.

Still way too much work to convert to G9, but I can see a reason why, DAZ wants you to BUY more assets rather than take what for some would be a huge investment in assets and convert them. Essentially the same reason they don't let plebs create high definition morphs.

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Just drop the Darla Torso somewhere where you can find it, and then point Daz at it when you get the 'missing files' message.

Not sure what's going on with the legs, they should be in GDN Darla's folder (wherever you usually put your characters /Runtime/Textures/Godin/) Have you installed GDN Darla yet?

As for how to 'merge' things into a single morph...

In this case, just follow the steps using a G3F or whatever, unless you want to try to move the morph forward.

I think that there was another tutorial that essentially explained the same thing, but it doesn't look like I have it bookmarked.

This tutorial looks about right...

Thanks for the link

Reactions: OhWee

gigiolt

Sep 7, 2019
Attached is a zip containing the .duf, and a torso texture nipple color modifcation to the torso for Salem for Aiko 8.

I used @HentaiSensei777 's file as my starting point.

I have a lot of Genesis 8 morphs, so hopefully you have the ones I do. If people think this is close enough, I can look into baking the morphs into the character, so that you won't need to track those down.
I tried loading your Melody model and I seem to be missing:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Nikisatez/BOG8F/BurlesqueWaist.dsf

Can you please tell me the morph pack it is from?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I tried loading your Melody model and I seem to be missing:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Nikisatez/BOG8F/BurlesqueWaist.dsf

Can you please tell me the morph pack it is from?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I usually just google the morph name, and if there's a name in the morph string (in this case Nikisatez) I put that into the search terms too.

In this case I just searched for burlesque Nikisatez and the outfit came right up!

Body shape morphs aren't usually included with outfits, but it does happen with a few PAs.