Fan Art Melody: Fan Art and Assets Thread

Serj 07

Jan 1, 2019
Pure Seduction of Melody

Yes, she is cool and hot, but... I love and respect your work, you are a great fellow, but your Melody always confuses me (her eyes are very different from the original. And her face in general..).
By the way, my English is bad... Regards from Kazakhstan!
View attachment 1996321 View attachment 1996322 View attachment 1996323 View attachment 1996324 View attachment 1996325 View attachment 1996326 View attachment 1996327 View attachment 1996328 View attachment 1996329 View attachment 1996330 View attachment 1996331 View attachment 1996332 View attachment 1996333

May 25, 2019
I changed the eye texture to a better one I loke more ..... her face is the same but I gave her hot make up that makes her looking older

For me she is perfect and my muse and I love to create hot works and sets with her.

Reactions: Serj 07

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Hi all. Been away for a while but ran across something I thought maybe some Melody Fan Art folks would like or be able to use for a G8.1F Sophia character. I discovered the below model and when I rendered her I was immediately struck by her resemblance to a possibly older Sophia character. Being a default G8.1F character, morphing her into a G8.1F Sophia (older or younger) might be easier than converting a G3F or G8F model.

She default loads into Daz Studio as more of a "Growing Up" Older Teen, with the following "dimensions" (per her default Scale setting and Measure Metrics values):

Measure Metrics:
Daz Scale 92.0% Height 5'5" Measurements 32-27-36 (Measurements I listed are in inches and rounded Up or Down to the nearest inch)

I've made a few renders with her with the Marigold Hair and can't help but think of her as a slightly more "grown up" Sophia. The 3 renders I'm including are all using the default Fabienne model with the above default measurements and no other morphs. Obviously she's not a "perfect match" Sophia, but might be a good starting place for a G8.1F version of her if anyone is interested.

Large 4K renders, open full size and scroll (the last 2 were downsized to 2350 x 3800 to allow forum uploading).

Fabienne HD G81 (OT) PO - Marigold Hair G8 - Ideal HDRI Lighting - 01_intel.png

_Fabienne HD G81 (OT) Duo - X-Fashion Bohomode Bikini - Concrete Harbor 16K - 01_intel_Resize.png _Fabienne HD G81 (OT) Duo - DTHPS Outdoor Dirt Path - Marigold Hair G8 - 01_intel_Resize.png

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Basically it was the morph that was the easiest part. The textures were much harder. I resorted to using this, .

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Looks like RenderHub took down the link for Re-Skin Me...
It was on ZoneGFX, that is where I grabbed it from this morning.
This only appears to work on Base Genesis 9, it doesn't cover correctly is you have any geo-graphs loaded like genitalia or nipples.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Sophia, Genesis 9 conversion. Using the original G3 GDNP3D Nixie skin textures.

Sophia_MrDOTS_G9_01_F95.png

I hate using OOT hair of any kind and Marigold Hair just sucks balls! Once you fit it on a G9 character none of the posing works. the hair is exactly as fitted and cannot be moved. There is some issue with OOT and the newest beta for DAZ Studio so I can't use it either. I am currently on release 4.21.0.5. Plus Genesis 9 just doesn't have anything compelling to offer . I don't think I want to work with it, at least until the convertors come out or the library gets bigger.

Have I mentioned how much I hate some of the OOT hair assets. :mad::(

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

View attachment 2188162

I hate using OOT hair of any kind and Marigold Hair just sucks balls! Once you fit it on a G9 character none of the posing works. the hair is exactly as fitted and cannot be moved. There is some issue with OOT and the newest beta for DAZ Studio so I can't use it either. I am currently on release 4.21.0.5. Plus Genesis 9 just doesn't have anything compelling to offer . I don't think I want to work with it, at least until the convertors come out or the library gets bigger.

My issue with Marigold hair is that despite having the pigtails split into a bunch of joints, the joints aren't properly aligned, so you have to use the joint editor to shift the pivot points of all the pigtail joints so that the pigtails work properly. Took me hours...

Something you could try is to hide the pigtails, then load a second instance of Marigold hair and manually parent the hair (i.e. NOT fit to) to Sophia's head and hide the scalp area. The posing should still work on the pigtails, although you may need to scale down the hidden pigtails on the fitted hair so that you can click to select the pigtails on the second parented hair to adjust their pose without selecting the now hidden tails.

I suggested and use a similar trick with Dee's Rochelle Ponytail Hair to get rid of the kink...

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
My issue with Marigold hair is that despite having the pigtails split into a bunch of joints, the joints aren't properly aligned, so you have to use the joint editor to shift the pivot points of all the pigtail joints so that the pigtails work properly. Took me hours...

Something you could try is to hide the pigtails, then load a second instance of Marigold hair and manually parent the hair (i.e. NOT fit to) to Sophia's head and hide the scalp area. The posing should still work on the pigtails, although you may need to scale down the hidden pigtails on the fitted hair so that you can click to select the pigtails on the second parented hair to adjust their pose without selecting the now hidden tails.

I suggested a similar trick with Dee's Rochelle Ponytail Hair to get rid of the kink...
Right now I think these are just issues that DAZ and OOT have created for themselves. The Genesis 9 launch just being the latest of the debacles. Even the latest beta prevents most OOT hair from rendering properly.

When things settle down and DAZ gets back on track I will see if I can make your method work, or maybe I'll just wait for a real G9 double braided hair asset.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm still back at 4.16 and G9 simply doesn't interest me, but if others are finding usefulness out of G9, best of luck!

If for some reason you want to downgrade your Daz install, there are links to older versions somewhere on this forum...

Reactions: The Japanese

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I'm still back at 4.16 and G9 simply doesn't interest me, but if others are finding usefulness out of G9, best of luck!

If for some reason you want to downgrade your Daz install, there are links to older versions somewhere on this forum...
I keep a stash on my local server, I think I can go all the way back to 4.16.03

Reactions: OhWee

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

View attachment 2188162

Looks great! I was just looking up how to do G3 -> G9 conversions. Not sure about textures yet... not even sure I want to, LOL... but...

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nice job, mate. She looks gorgeous though I li'l more mature (and I don't mind that... just a comment). But -- and this is an honest question and not a critique -- is it worth bothering with Genesis 9 now or you were just testing stuff? Because, though I liked Victoria 9 a lot (the character), my position at the moment is to ignore Genesis 9 for at least a year until more interesting stuff shows up (to be honest, I was ignoring 8.1 until recently, but some characters I find cute changed my mind), but I'm willing to listen to different opinions.
Genesis 9 was a test, too many hoops to jump through right now. SickleYield has some Auto-Fit templates right now for clothing, but heels have to be fit manually. There are a couple of different Geoshell UV Map retrofits available, all with their limitations. There are also pose converters, but honestly the difference in posing is that the legs are closer together, easily fixed after the pose.

There just isn't enough stuff available for G9 yet, and it looks like there will be issues converting any work you have done in G3 or G8+ into G9. Daz lives by the Schick Business Model, Give away the razor and sell blades for a fortune. When everyone else starts selling compatible blade cartridges then you start selling cartridges with more edges. So as the income stream levels off in Genesis 8, move onto Genesis 9 and make it nearly impossible to convert your current purchases so you have to pay DAZ again.

G8.1 was a marginal upgrade to G8 but it didn't obsolete your library. G9 currently looks like that is exactly what it is trying to do, obsolete your current library.

At least that is my initial take on Genesis 9.

One last note on looking more mature. It could be that I went back to the original Genesis 3 textures that both MrDots used on Melody and Sophia long ago.