Fan Art Melody: Fan Art and Assets Thread

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just realized these are the same outfit

Anybody know wich one?
Pretty sure it's this one, maybe with different textures...

Reactions: VisualWiz

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Melody v.2

Asset link:
Hi.

Thank you very much Melody v.2
I wanted to try it out quickly. Everything went smoothly but when I added a basic pose to the model, I got this.
Every pose the model reacts like this. Any idea what the problem is?
1.jpg

CJ0

May 31, 2017
Hi.

Thank you very much Melody v.2
I wanted to try it out quickly. Everything went smoothly but when I added a basic pose to the model, I got this.
Every pose the model reacts like this. Any idea what the problem is?
View attachment 1789622
Hi! In zero pose select the figure then go to Edit -> Figure -> Rigging -> Adjust Rigging to Shape -> Accept

Reactions: tomyboy06

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
It was a morph that was missing steps during the conversion from g3 to g8, besides doing the 'Adjust Rigging' you will also need to ERC Freeze and then resave the morph or else you will have to do the 'Adjust Rigging" every time you load the character. In between the Adjust Rigging and ERC Freeze I also add the Align All Bones so that the endpoints of the rigging matches the endpoints of the body geometry, as some items are not ideally relocated with only adjusting the rigging to shape.

Reactions: tomyboy06 and CJ0

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Here is my render of Melody, completely converted to Genesis 8.1, including all textures, and morph frozen. This is the first and I plan on converting Sophia to Genesis 8.1 also.

View attachment 1790279
Hi.
Thank you for your reply. I feel a bit beginner to what you wrote, but I'll try to process it :) (google, translator etc.)
How did you convert the model to G8.1?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
tomyboy06
I have a process the morph is pretty easy but the textures have a few steps.

here is a basic outline that should Google translate pretty easy. I am going to assume that you are using the Genesis 8 morphs provided in this thread for both Sophia and Melody. I am pretty sure you know how to use that. I will outline my method based on that assumption.

Load a Genesis 8.1 Base Female.
In the Parameters you need to find and apply the Melody v.2 morph. Apply it at 100%.
Select the Joint Editor (Alt + Shift + J).
With the morphed Genesis 8.1 figure selected, right-click on the Viewport windows and select Edit > Adjust Rigging To Shape... and without changing any of the parameter hit the Accept button.
Right-click in the viewport a second time and select Align > Align All Bones.
We are done with the Joint Editor.
Moving back to the Parameters tab, right-click on the Melody v.2 morph and select Edit Mode
While in Edit Mode right-click again on the Melody v.2 morph and select ERC Freeze...
Do not change any parameters and hit the Accept button.
You are now done with Edit Mode.
Save the morph by selecting Save As > Support Asset > Morph Asset(s)
You will need to navigate to the proper location and find the morph to check it and save (I think the default is /Actor/People/MrDots, but I am not 100% since I moved mine)
We are done with the morph and it is now saved under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/...
All poses for Genesis 8 or 8.1 will work properly

Now the conversion of the textures
Take your standard Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 textures you want to use on the model, you can also apply the special ones in the Resources download attached earlier in this thread.
Right-click on the Surfaces tab label and select Map Transfer...
There you can add templates for the Body and Head, I also convert Cornea, Pupil, Iris, Sclera. You really only need Body and Head if you are okay with using the standard eyes.
Make sure you set the Baking Quality to 10, Hardware Cut Off to 4096, for all templates.
Once you have the templates made and a place to save them, when you hit Accept it will actually create the new Genesis 8.1 textures.
We are done actually converting the textures. We need to apply them.
Go back to Surfaces and with all the character surfaces selected (or just Head and Body if that is all you transferred) we need to change the UV Set from Base Female to Base 8.1 Female.
Change the Body and Head textures and it will fix the black patch on the top of the head.
If you also change the eyes you will need to apply those and also convert the UV Set from Base Female to Base 8.1 Female.

Here is a couple of videos

The second video is newer and more complete if I remember correctly.

Reactions: tomyboy06 and CJ0

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Hi.

I managed to get to the last step. Where the textures need to be converted. I did the body, head texture swap and the black spot on the head disappeared in perspective view.
2.jpg
but the rendered image shows a serious discrepancy.

1.jpg
What is needed to convert and replace textures? Can't the G8 texture just be loaded?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
tomyboy06

1. It is not just the diffuse textures you also need to replace the Bump, Normal and Top Layer textures It is basically every texture that the original skin uses must be replaced by the new ones. And then don't forget to change the UV Map to Base 8.1 Female after you change the textures.

2. Yes you can, you can even use Genesis 3 but it is not the same and you lose the Base 8.1 Female UV Map and go back to plain Base Female UV Map. That is the reason you do the texture conversion, but if you don't really care about the UV Map then don't do the Map Transfer at all and just use the Base Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 UV Maps.

Last edited:

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
I think I've cut it short. I gave her a G8.1 skin :cool:
I'll show you the results soon. The pc is already sweating :sneaky:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
If you did it all correctly it should look like this.
Clipboard03.png
The Map Transfer creates all the jpg's you need and you need to use them all.

I convert Body, Head, Cornea, Irises, Pupils and Sclera and this is typically what I end up with for new textures.
Clipboard04.png
This is my set for Melody using the resources provided /mentioned in this thread.

Template1 = Body
Template2 = Head
Template3 = Cornea
Template4 = Irises
Template5 = Pupils
Template6 = Sclera

Last edited:

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
after I finished creating the body Template I only had 4 files. There was no translucency color. I had the rest and replaced them as you described.

JDVT

Sep 23, 2018
what assets is for the aunt of melody or assets for other female characters