Fan Art Melody: Fan Art and Assets Thread

kingbee69

Oct 6, 2017
A morph of Melody.
I've posted a couple of Dee morphs in the DMD thread. I did this one a while back when I was still getting the hang of it.
This is from the Lewd Gallery. I might post some more MrDots morphs if people seem to like them.
VT Melody.jpg
Original:
VT Melody 0.jpg

Last edited:

VisualWiz

Feb 21, 2022
Hello together,

I’m quite new to this and I just downloaded the Daz3D software but thanks to pointers in this forum and other places I am slowly getting better. My absolute favourite model is Melody from the MrDots game and I have a couple of scenes that I’m trying to do.

But as everything cost money I would like to get ideas on outfits that I can use. I am trying to put Melody in these scenes. If you have idea on outfits, props or backgrounds I would appreciate the assistance:

Lily Layva as Hooters girl (links to articles on how to put a logo - like the hooters logo on a t-shirt also appreciated):

Hope to get some good pointers!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
VisualWiz

So, this being a buccaneer forum and all, there is a forum section which talks about various assets.
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/

Of course, if you are planning on buying various assets, there are links provided to the various product pages, in the various threads in that forum section. Note that a few of the assets detailed may now be discontinued...

Also, note that we have a discussion thread about various sales of Daz Studio related products here. We mainly just call out particularly good deals, and lament the 'lesser bargains' on Daz3D.com lately, but it's worth watching that thread if you are looking to stretch your Daz budget.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-daz-...read-daz3d-renderosity-renderotica-etc.64546/

That being said, there are a number of freebies available that can be used in Daz Studio. There is also a forum thread for that:
https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/

My point here being that if you are willing to be a little more flexible r.e. outfits and such, there are a number of freebies out there that you can use.

I'd specifically like to call out Poly Haven, mainly for their HDRIs, but they also have models and textures:

HDRIs are background environments (essentially spheres) that provide lighting as well as a visual background. For outdoor scenes in particular they can be rather useful, and to a lesser extent indoor scenes as well (indoor scenes are a bit more tricky depending on if you plan to add furniture and such for your models to sit/lay on). I use them fairly often in my art, and there are free tutorials on YouTube that explain how to use these, as well as a number of other Daz Studio related subjects.

Now as for Melody, if you are planning on buying assets, you'll need a few for her (hair, character skin, maybe some morphs). Those assets have been mentioned earlier in this thread. Not sure if anyone has made a 'standalone' morph for Melody in this thread, if so all you'd need is the model used for her skin textures and also the hair model.

Anyways, just wanted to call out freebies. There are a number of freebies available, from rooms to clothing to outdoor settings and other things, should you wish to give them a try. There's some sexy outfits and a bunch of other free stuff on DeviantArt too...

As for adding a Hooters logo to a shirt texture, this can be done by a couple of methods (there's the Layered Image Editor, or you could directly edit the texture in say Photoshop or GIMP). There are tutorials for that on YouTube as well. The main thing would be to find a suitable .png of the Hooters logo (using Google, etc.) with a transparent background. Note that unauthorized use of a corporate logo is frowned upon, but if you are just doing fanart odds are very low that it'll be noticed (still a tiny chance though)...

Best of luck!
;)

Last edited:

VisualWiz

Feb 21, 2022
VisualWiz

So, this being a buccaneer forum and all, there is a forum section which talks about various assets.
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/

Of course, if you are planning on buying various assets, there are links provided to the various product pages, in the various threads in that forum section. Note that a few of the assets detailed may now be discontinued...

Also, note that we have a discussion thread about various sales of Daz Studio related products here. We mainly just call out particularly good deals, and lament the 'lesser bargains' on Daz3D.com lately, but it's worth watching that thread if you are looking to stretch your Daz budget.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-daz-...read-daz3d-renderosity-renderotica-etc.64546/

That being said, there are a number of freebies available that can be used in Daz Studio. There is also a forum thread for that:
https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/

My point here being that if you are willing to be a little more flexible r.e. outfits and such, there are a number of freebies out there that you can use.

I'd specifically like to call out Poly Haven, mainly for their HDRIs, but they also have models and textures:

HDRIs are background environments (essentially spheres) that provide lighting as well as a visual background. For outdoor scenes in particular they can be rather useful, and to a lesser extent indoor scenes as well (indoor scenes are a bit more tricky depending on if you plan to add furniture and such for your models to sit/lay on). I use them fairly often in my art, and there are free tutorials on YouTube that explain how to use these, as well as a number of other Daz Studio related subjects.

Now as for Melody, if you are planning on buying assets, you'll need a few for her (hair, character skin, maybe some morphs). Those assets have been mentioned earlier in this thread. Not sure if anyone has made a 'standalone' morph for Melody in this thread, if so all you'd need is the model used for her skin textures and also the hair model.

Anyways, just wanted to call out freebies. There are a number of freebies available, from rooms to clothing to outdoor settings and other things, should you wish to give them a try. There's some sexy outfits and a bunch of other free stuff on DeviantArt too...

As for adding a Hooters logo to a shirt texture, this can be done by a couple of methods (there's the Layered Image Editor, or you could directly edit the texture in say Photoshop or GIMP). There are tutorials for that on YouTube as well. The main thing would be to find a suitable .png of the Hooters logo (using Google, etc.) with a transparent background. Note that unauthorized use of a corporate logo is frowned upon, but if you are just doing fanart odds are very low that it'll be noticed (still a tiny chance though)...

Best of luck!
;)
Thanks, I have a lot left to discover!

Reactions: OhWee

VisualWiz

Feb 21, 2022
Just realized these are the same outfit

Anybody know wich one?