The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm starting this thread so that we can call out particularly good sales deals on products that a number of us are interested in for Daz Studio. We've been doing this in the freebies thread, but doing so does seem to clutter that thread unnecessarily, hence why I'm finally starting this one. I was hoping that someone else would kick off this thread, but alas.

I suppose that Poser deals are worth mentioning as well as many Poser products can be used inside of Daz Studio. But since Renderosity now owns Poser, I think we have that angle covered...

So, in the spirit of helping people find really good deals, for those game developers and artists around here that do actually buy the products they use, if you see a deal that relates to Daz Studio related products, kindly post it up here in this thread.

As for which sites to watch, if they are selling something that imports cleanly into Daz Studio (say .objs) don't be afraid to point those out as well. But the biggies are:

Daz3D.com
Renderosity.com
Renderotica.com

I'm sure there are others, I'll add them to the 'major vendors' list as people point out particularly good deals on stuff.

Edit: other notable sites -

3dshards.com

Now, as to what constitutes a 'particularly good deal', that's a judgement call, and will vary from site to site. As an example, 50% off sales for PA's over at Daz3D.com are very common, so probably don't bother with those. If a PA's store goes on sale for 70% off, yeah that's note-worthy. You get the idea here. If you shop at a particular store regularly, you should have a pretty good idea of what an 'exceptional' deal is versus a 'regular' deal.

Myself, I'm particularly interested in Renderotica deals, as I don't shop at that store very often, and I'm hoping someone else here keeps an eye on such things. In fact, I don't watch a lot of the stores regularly, as I have other things going on, which is why I was hesitant to start this thread. But I'm hoping that others here that do watch those stores more often than I do will chime in occasonally.

Without further ado, let the deals sharing commence!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I just noticed today that Layla's store over at Renderotica is 50% off until Halloween. Layla mainly does erotic pose packs, a number of which that are featured in our Asset Releases section here.

The Renderotica Deals blog is here BTW:

Feel free to call out other particularly good deals. I did note that Miepe's store is 15% off, which isn't notable, but since the Dicktator is so popular, well it'd be nice to know when Meipe's store goes on sale for a significantly notable amount in the future...

Also, over at
There was one particular deal that I found notable.

The deal runs until 11:59 PM Tennessee time today (10/19/2020). For Prime Members, you may find a few products for $3.99 from vendors that don't go on sale very often.

The Daz3D store continues with their PC+ sales, with the $1.99 PC for a day items. Definitely worth checking that store daily if you can manage it. As for particularly unusual deals, I'll let others chime in for now.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a minor note for today's PC+ sale:

Santa is in the 'Plat for a Day' category -

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And today on the Daz3D site ... The Plat for a Day sale has a ton of settings and interiors from i13 on sale for $1.99. These include the Jet Bundle, Theatre, Neighborhood Bar, Coffee Shop, , , and more. It should be noted that these are Bundles, so in addition to the sets, they also include poses appropriate to those sets. On a side note, as these are a bit older, the poses are designed for Genesis 3 models, however, with Pose Corrector mods, such as the and discussed in the Free Stuff for Daz3D thread, the poses should be usable on G8 models, or at least provide a decent starting point.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So what's the best deal you've seen for gift cards? The are offering them for PC at 24% off right now. Thoughts?

Reactions: Pasodelostoros2019

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So what's the best deal you've seen for gift cards? The are offering them for PC at 24% off right now. Thoughts?
43% off after discount stacking, but I'd consider that extremely rare. My rule of thumb is if the offer is over 30% off after discount stacking, it might be time to jump on it. Of course, if your store credit is running low, 24% off is better than 0% off...

Also, the cost of the buy-in does need to be factored in.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hmm ... cost of the buy in? You mean the overhead cost of owning PC+? That's already a done deal.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I mean the cost of any prereq items you may need to buy to qualify for the discount being offered. Say if you have to buy a $15 new item to get an extra 10% off as an example.

The buy-in for today's 24% off is two debut or still new releases. There are a couple of items in those categories for around $3 each (PC+) in Debut or still new, so that's not too steep...

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Got it. I guess it would be too easy just to give you a straight up discount, right?

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note about today's Daz3D.com's PC+ sale.

There's an 'extra 70% off select PC+ items' as part of the sale, and of course the 'usual' BYOB and $1.99 PC+ for a day items.

The buy in for the extra 70% off is one debut or still new release, which includes a few PC+ items. As has been the case all month, buying two debut or still new nets you an extra discount. I mention this as there's a couple of HDRI packs for less than $3 that will help meet the 'buy in' requirement, and there's also a cool Mad Max style tanker semi as one of today's Debut New items that is PC+ for less than $6, which might interest a couple of you. Of course, the extra 10% discount if you buy two or more only affects debut or still new items, so keep that in mind.

The PC+ membership is still 40% off ATM for those of you that may be considering grabbing it. If you are a relatively new shopper at Daz3D, I'd say it's definitely worth the $42 buy in, as long as you keep an eye on the various sales during the month for items that you might want. That extra 30% off DOs helps, and then there's the two monthly coupons, but we've disussed the value of PC+ memberships in other threads already.

There's a bunch of PA's in the 'Friends of the Sale' section right now, so if there's something you really need from one of those vendors... the discount isn't particularly notable but the number of vendors in the list ATM is.

The Daz sales team seems to be rather restrained about their approach to sales lately, so keep that in mind.

As for Renderosity.com, I'm not seeing anything particularly notable. A few fairly popular vendor stores are on sale ATM at 50% off, but I wouldn't consider that particularly unusual. Nonetheless, might not be a bad idea to scan your Renderosity wishlist to see if something that you might want has dropped in price enough for you.

Scanning the Renderotica.com store sales page, nothing is jumping out at me, but others might find something particularly notable.

Last edited:
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I checked my deals email, and this round seems kind of "meh" to me. Most of the $1.99 items are Genesis 3 or earlier, with the exception of a few i13 interiors. That seems to be the course they are taking, with the deepest discounts on stuff that is quite old and frankly, they are lucky to be having anyone buy a lot of that by this point.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I checked my deals email, and this round seems kind of "meh" to me. Most of the $1.99 items are Genesis 3 or earlier, with the exception of a few i13 interiors. That seems to be the course they are taking, with the deepest discounts on stuff that is quite old and frankly, they are lucky to be having anyone buy a lot of that by this point.
The 'Daz Deals' email doesn't apply the extra 70% off from this category:

So if I use the 22 Parker Road bundle as an example:

Normal price is @$10, with the 70% discount the price drops to @$3.
Of course, I bought 22 Parker Road a long time ago, but it's a good example for those looking for a 'complete house' that don't have it yet.

So it's worth a look at least. The 'buy in' of 1 debut or still new items is also a factor of course, if there isn't anything you want from those categories, yeah it might not look like as good of a deal, but as the buy in may be as low as around $3-6 if you pick the two cheapest items from that sale...

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Both and are announcing Halloween sales with savings up to 50%. The Turbo Squid sale is for the next three days and the Hive Wire sale doesn't say. Turbo Squid has a lot of assets in other formats (such as .obj) for free or very cheap and sometimes these can translate well into Daz3D. Hive Wire, on the other hand, does all of their stuff as Daz3D native, and they have some really nice assets for children, animals, and birds that go well beyond what is available on Daz3D. It's certainly worth a look if you want to lend some originality to your renders.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, today's Daz3D.com sale has everything on sale. It's only 50-60ish% off for the PA's, but if you have something on your wishlist from a PA that doesn't go on sale often, or for a bigger discount than 50-60ish% off, might be worth a look.

The 70% off select items thing if you buy a new release is still going on as well. Or maybe more if another store glitch shows up... It's pretty much an assortment of PC+ items, and there's a limit of 10 items.

This is where the Daz Deals browser add-on may come in handy, to help you make a judgement call r.e. whether it's reasonable to expect a steeper discount on the item soon.

I just checked an item that I wouldn't mind having, and it looks like I missed a better opportunity recently...

That house boat is OTT! Someday...

I just burned my PC+ coupons for this month, so I'll probably wait for a better deal down the road.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renderosity is doing one of their 'buy qualifying items and get a random grab bag item' sales:

You need to buy an item that is at least $3.50 and add the 'grab bag item' to your cart.

I'm not a huge fan of these sort of sales, but at least the buy in isn't too bad, and there's some interesting grab bag items.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In today's Daz3D PC+ sale, there's a bundle deal where you can get 20% off the rest of your cart if you buy the bundle. There is also some free facial and short hair. The bundle deal is 'meh' but if if you like the bundle, I suppose.

More importantly, Haven Park is in $1.99 PC+ for a day:

Haven Park has appeared in a few of the games around here, so for fanart types or those looking for a park, it's worth a mention.

There's also this cool car from Pretty3D

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Looks like Daz3D has an 80% off select DO horror items today, if you buy a debut new release, limit 10 items. There's only one 'cheap' item to qualify for the 80% off though, so the buy in may be a bit steep. Other usual stuff (Plat for a Day, BYOB, etc.) is also still going on.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
To my experience, the reduction for the DO 'horror' items is *much* more important than 80% and the final price is with 98% off!!!! (I suspect an error in their app).
As a result, you can get pro bundles as lilith 6 for ~2$ instead of 130! Ditto for some g3 bundles like Damien pro or Anneka pro. Other simple items have a price that drops from 20$ to around 0.3$

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
To my experience, the reduction for the DO 'horror' items is *much* more important than 80% and the final price is with 98% off!!!! (I suspect an error in their app).
As a result, you can get pro bundles as lilith 6 for ~2$ instead of 130! Ditto for some g3 bundles like Damien pro or Anneka pro. Other simple items have a price that drops from 20$ to around 0.3$
I very much suspect that this is a glitch, so grab it while you can! I just grabbed a bunch of bundles to meet my 10 item quota. I wanted the Mathias and Marcus bundles anyways, so I feel good about my purchase.

Thanks for pointing this one out! I was going to tackle this later today, until I saw your post...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
This worked really well for me. I noticed that having a Debut New Release in the cart gave me a 20% discount off everything, including the Platinum for a Day items. I then noticed that I could also use the $6 off of $18 coupon that I almost never use, since it doesn't work on the New item or PFAD items it just took the $6 off the horror items.

So the new pose set cost $2.37, 2 PFAD items for $1.59 each and the 10 horror items came out free! $5.55 total cart from a original price of $268.35.

With the stacking discounts, everything is coming up as 98% off for me. Too bad I have no use for all the higher priced horror bundles.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote