The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Also, just questioning your math here. Are you actually seeing those discounts? When Daz discounts stack, you generally multiply the 'remainder' by say that 30% off, so if it's a 60% off item, you'll only see another 12% off (30% of 40%), or 72% off. And if the PC+ DO discount is also in play, that'd boost the discount to 80.4% off. Just wanted to point this out, for those that aren't familiar with Daz Store Math...

Not saying you are wrong here, just want to confirm the pricing discounts you are seeing in your cart, and how you got there (prereqs?). Also, note that for some discounts, there's the 'buy debut or still new release' prereq, so the cost of the prereq item also needs to be considered.
This is what I get on my cart for some items as the Christian pro bundle. Indeed, what stacks is the "historical top sellers" (60%) + "huge holidays savings" (60%) + PC+ DO (30%) + loyalty discount (30%), ie 0.4*0.4*0.7*0.7=0.078 ie 92% off.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
One thing that I noticed on today daz3D. With the purchase of a new item, you can get a free char. with a coupon.
But the fact is that you can get AS MANY FREE ITEMS AS YOU WANT!!! Obvioulsy a glitch, but I got 7 free chars like that (and I was not interested in the others).
So be fast, and lets expect that daz people do not read f95 forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogie and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
amster22

Ahhh, multiple sales stacking! We haven't seen that in a while... it probably won't last of course, so if they haven't addressed it already take advantage of it while you can!

Thanks for clarifying the math!
;)

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just for fun I put all 24 characters in the cart with a new item and they were all free! So it's still valid as of right now. Frankly, I don't need any new characters, but it's there all the same.

For me the most interesting thing is the PC+ items. Several times a year PC+ items can be had for an additional 60% off, but the Loyalty Bonus is a rare stacking discount for them and there are several things I want for a buck or two.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You guys talked me into it.

Ended up with 14 items for about 16 bucks, including the daily freebie. I had a lot of the 'free' characters already, but I went ahead and added the rest of them to my cart. Threw in the Fermion Racing Bundle just for fun.

I've been cutting my Daz spending back drastically as of late, but sometimes I just can't say no to a good deal...
:p

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Couple of new deals over at Renderosity. Also, 20% off coupon, good until Friday, good on most sales items:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Very interesting sale at daz3D today. You can get items for 5$ or 3$ with a new release (but many are at 3$ without any additional purchase). There are many items that can be chosen (4k) and some are really excellent bargains, including several great bundles by i13 that are generally sold for ~50$, v4-g2 bundles, many g3 chars and outfits, etc.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Potentially great savings today. You'll need to buy a Debut or Still New release but there are some very good assets that are then only $3.99.

Highlights:

Weird West Bundle - This is a practically new release with a normal price tag of 139.95
The Gothic Library - a fairly recent Stonemason asset, and getting one of his assets this cheap is extremely rare.
MICK 2 Gothic Pack - normally 64.95
Albert Mansion - another practically new release.
A bunch of G2 Pro Packs

Last edited:

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Maybe someone can help me or please direct me to the right thread?
Im new in DAZ and im just playing with DAZ...nothing serious for now...
Actually i have a GTX1070 but i`ll buy soon a new graphiccard for sure...
I don't know which one to buy. A 2080 ti with 11GB or a 3070 with 8GB?
Or should I wait for a 3070 with 16GB to come out ... ascribed to rumors, it will come out in the next few months ...
I was thinking about a Radeon 6xxx but heard DAZ + Radeon = nogo ...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Maybe someone can help me or please direct me to the right thread?
Im new in DAZ and im just playing with DAZ...nothing serious for now...
Actually i have a GTX1070 but i`ll buy soon a new graphiccard for sure...
I don't know which one to buy. A 2080 ti with 11GB or a 3070 with 8GB?
Or should I wait for a 3070 with 16GB to come out ... ascribed to rumors, it will come out in the next few months ...
I was thinking about a Radeon 6xxx but heard DAZ + Radeon = nogo ...
Wrong thread ;)
Also wait for the 3070/3060Ti models.

Reactions: DarkOs31

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Most brand spankin' new videocards are unobtanium at the moment anyways.

There's a strong rumor of a 3080 Ti with 20GB of VRAM in the pipeline.

Short form, get the card with the most VRAM that you can afford, and the 30XX series cards have a significant performance uplift over the previous gen, so it's worth watching/waiting for those. That being said, if you somehow come across a screamin' deal on a 2080 Ti, well anything's possible I suppose. The 8 GB cards can do in a pinch, but if you like building complex scenes, do yourself a favor and shoot for more VRAM if your budget will allow. If you are waffling between a 2080 Ti or a 3080 (11 GB vs 10 GB), well at MSRP the 3080 is a screamin' deal, so having slightly less VRAM I could probably live with (I have a 1080 Ti currently), but good luck finding one at MSRP...

Don't pay scalper prices, just be patient, prices will come back down someday... so don't let the scalpers win!

Anyways, r.e. current deals, I almost posted about Saturday's Daz3D.com sale, until I read the fine print. Having to buy 2 Debut New to qualify for only 2 items at 50 cents each didn't sound like that good of a deal to me, and the Debut New releases didn't wow me.

As mentioned in the freebies thread, make sure you are watching the Daz3D.com store daily for more freebies. We get at least one new freebie each day. Also, make sure you are grabbing the freebies in Renderosity.com's 24 days of Christmas promo. They are giving away 3 freebies each day, and thankfully, all are still available from Day 1. Free stuff goood!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Doing the rounds today, and I noticed that Sabby's store over at Renderosity is 70% off. So if you are looking for a few new pre-spun faces to add to your character collection, might be worth a look!

Sale runs until 11:59 PM Thursday December 17th, Tennessee USA time...

I'll leave it to others to dissect today's Daz3D.com sale...

Reactions: fried

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I wasn't impressed by any DAZ deals today. My Loyalty bonus is only 20% so even extending my PC+ membership isn't worth it.

But in the Free thread seamanq pointed out there is a secret discount of 30% off using the code THIRTY-TODAY and it stacks with your bonus. Maybe it's one of those elusive Facebook codes? It works on PC+ Membership and the non new assets I tried (and also one of the Still New items), it did not work on a Gift Card or Debut New items.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
To explain further what Boogie is talking about, in today's 2020 Loyalty Sale, Daz is offering to double your loyalty bonus if you want to buy PC+. For me that was doubling my loyalty bonus of 25% to 50%. I use Honey, and it applied another coupon called THIRTY-TODAY which bumped my discount on a PC+ renewal to 65% off. So if anyone wants to renew their PC membership and has a decent base loyalty bonus, they could get a serious discount on a PC reup. For me, it costed just under $25, which is a pretty good deal, as far as I am concerned.

• Love

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is an interesting stacking possibility today at daz3D with the "holiday wishlist" (60% with a coupon). If you peek an item that already has an important discount, the stacking of the different discount and the loyalty bonus can be very large. This way, I bought the Bridget pro bundle for ~10.50$, which is the best deal I have seen for a pro bundle.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This is more of an observation, but today's includes four items in the Debut New that would best be described as a nod to the 1984 Dune movie (desert, desert suits, worms and other creatures)... These items really should have been bundled together, but I digress...

There's also a Vulpine folk bundle, which is an extra 30% off if you buy 3 Debut New releases. So if you have been waiting on Dune stuff, and also like anthropomorphic foxes... not the best deal but could be worse.

On the Renderosity front, MortemVetus's store is 70% off until 11:59 PM Friday Tennessee time:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hameleon's store is 70% off until 11:59PM Tuesday Tennessee USA/Renderosity time!

Other deals as well of course:

A quick note. Make sure you are wishlisting stuff that you like at Renderosity. A couple of times a year in the past they've done a '50% off on all wishlist items' with one of those times corresponding to around Christmas. For vendors that don't go on sale very often, it's an opportunity to grab those items at a discount at least.

On the Daz front, I like to leave these to amster22 as he's better at spotting the stacking deals than I am, but there's a $2.99 or $1.99 on up to 10 items with debut or still new release sale going on, with a number of items in the 'eligible items' category. The Dune nod stuff I alluded to in my last post is in the 'still new' category, so it's a thought...

I should note that I'm seeing a few bundles in the scrollbar for the sale, but ATM the discount isn't applying to them...
Edit: the bundles I mentioned have been removed from the scrollbar. Ahh well...

There's a 50% off on memberships as well, so if you didn't jump on the earlier awesome deal that seamanq mentioned, well that's a pretty good deal if your membership is close to expiring... BTW, buying an annual membership will add 1 year to the expiration date, so you will get credit for a 'full year.'

Kinda hoping that another one of those 'mystery coupons' pops up again (thanks again seamanq !). Those are actually the biggest reason I created this thread, as a number of us don't follow Daz3D.com's social media regularly...

Renderotica has a few sales as well...

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There's a 50% off on memberships as well, so if you didn't jump on the earlier awesome deal that seamanq mentioned, well that's a pretty good deal if your membership is close to expiring... BTW, buying an annual membership will add 1 year to the expiration date, so you will get credit for a 'full year.'
On the membership sale, I tested it and while you can get 50% off of membership it is not stackable with your loyalty bonus, and the THIRTY-TODAY coupon was also deemed ineligible, so I think that maybe permitting the loyalty bonus and other coupons to stack may have been a goof on Daz's part, but I still got the extra year for cheap, so Yeet!

In other news, the 5 for $2.99 for PC+ members and 10 for $1.99 for PC+ members plus purchase of a still new or debut release are hit and miss. If you click see all on the "Holly Jolly" list you will see lots of items, but if stick them in your cart and buy the required debut or still release and put the special code, all of the items from that list do not scale down to $1.99, so I am not sure what is up with that.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
In other news, the 5 for $2.99 for PC+ members and 10 for $1.99 for PC+ members plus purchase of a still new or debut release are hit and miss. If you click see all on the "Holly Jolly" list you will see lots of items, but if stick them in your cart and buy the required debut or still release and put the special code, all of the items from that list do not scale down to $1.99, so I am not sure what is up with that.
I had no problem with either coupons. Maybe it was a glitch. Also beware that coupons are case sensitive and that copy-paste frequently adds a space that invalidates the coupons.

Hameleon's store is 70% off until 11:59PM Tuesday Tennessee USA/Renderosity time!

One can also note a 20% off coupon at renderosity (but it does not stack with Hameleon discounts, despite the site claims).

And a 55% discount on Lilflame store that can stack with the 20% off coupon!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Also, make sure you are grabbing the freebies in Renderosity.com's 24 days of Christmas promo. They are giving away 3 freebies each day, and thankfully, all are still available from Day 1. Free stuff goood!
Can you post this on the Free Stuff thread as well? I just caught it here, but I will go over and check it out. I would be happy for you to get the credit for the "find" of more free goodies.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote