The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz3D.com's PC+ catch up sale is notable as all of the $1.99 PC+ items for a day so far this time around (they claim) are on sale, a total of 1662 items (minus what you own already).

Another item of note is 30% off gift cards over $300, which is the best I've seen recently. So if you've been looking for an opportunity to recharge your dwinding Daz store credit, this might be a good time. You'll need to buy a Debut or Still new release, thankfully there are a couple of cheap items that you could grab to meet that requirement.

Edit: Note that the Daz3D site will be down for a few hours today while they perform upgrades to the store software. So you'll either need to jump on this before 10AM Daz3D/Utah time or wait until later in the afternoon...

This is the last day for that Renderosity grab bag sale that I mentioned earlier. Not a fan of these, but if you are buying stuff from Renderosity today anyways, you might as well take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogie and osanaiko

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The Daz3D store upgrade is having teething problems, so I'd recommend giving them some time to iron the issues out. From what I understand yesterday's sale has been extended to today.

The Daz3D site seems to be a bit faster atm, but functionality is hit and miss. I was able to download a few things at least that I purchased earlier, before the upgrade, but the product library pages wouldn't load sometimes, so I'd have to try the links a few times to get the pages to resolve sufficiently so that I could see the download links. After the page resolved, I could download stuff without issue, well except for one download that failed, but I re-downloaded it successfully on the second try.

Also, discounts are all over the place ATM, from what I've seen in the forum posts. Hopefully they can get things settled down over the next 20 hours or so...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Fast grab items on daz3D used to have a discount capped at 70%. While this is a significant price cut, most items where still relatively expensive (at least for me) and I rarely bought anything there and I barely looked at this page.
Daz seems to have changed his policy and today items have a discount ranging from 80% to 90%. For instance, several items are around 2$.
May be worth to have a look at it (and expect this kind of discount will continue).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Daz plat-for-day items are very cheap today.
Most cost 0.9$ and there is a 20% discount with a debut new release. A small fraction remains at 1.99$ (and wo any discount)... And I did not find any logic in this behavior.
Seems that their shop still has bugs, but no reason to complain!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Daz plat-for-day items are very cheap today.
Most cost 0.9$ and there is a 20% discount with a debut new release. A small fraction remains at 1.99$ (and wo any discount)... And I did not find any logic in this behavior.
Seems that their shop still has bugs, but no reason to complain!
I'm having the opposite problem. Items are showing full price...

Count your blessings! I am less than impressed with the store migration ATM. It's been 3 days...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I'm having the opposite problem. Items are showing full price...
The real price only appears in the cart.

Count your blessings! I am less than impressed with the store migration ATM. It's been 3 days...
I am really surprised how unprepared they were. I know how difficult this kind of upgrade is, but there are methods to avoid regressions.
And many features in their site are worst presently. Including the fact that the real price does not appear until checkout...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I WAS referring to the price in my cart btw.. Not in the mood to submit a ticket after the fact, no idea if the ticket system is finally working again in any case. I'll check it later in the day to see if the glitch is resolved...

Now remember, all of these Daz3D store changes are supposed to make things better...
:rolleyes:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I know it worked that way last week, but I don't see the extra 20% off the PFAD items with a Debut Release working today. Thought I saw them mention on the weekend that that feature was removed until the store issues were sorted.

I'm going to hold off any new purchases until it's all sorted. It's too time consuming using the trial and error method to find out what the prices are supposed to be. There's always another sale...

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The daz sale has several interesting offers today:
1/ a g1, g2, or g3 starter bundle for free (no requirement)
2/ a g1, g2, or g3 pro bundle for free with 2 new items purchase
3/ g8 pro bundles at 50% with a new item purchase
4/ 60% off any three items with a new item purchase
Note that 3/ and 4/ can be stacked, that makes the g8 pro bundle at 15$ (89% off).

Unfortunately, offers 1/, 2/ and 4/ need a coupon and you cannot benefit of them all at the same time.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renderosity has a few 60% off sales going ATM.

New stuff in the Daz PC+ sale, also, make sure you have grabbed your cowbell if you are PC+ (if you haven't already) 'cuz the world needs more cowbell...

Also, there's a 3 for $1 dollar thing going on if you grab a debut or still new (there's a few new PC+ items in the mix still thankfully). It's V4/M4 era stuff, but often you can autofit to G3F/M, and maybe rework the textures as needed. How good it'll look will depend on the outfit, but at the very least you could use it for background characters maybe. It's a thought anyways...

Nothing in particular jumping out at me over at Renderotica, if anyone spots something feel free to call it out:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Another great deal from daz3D. With 2 debut new releases, you get 20% off your cart + 50% off many DO items.
This includes the items that triggers the deal that makes the buy in rather small.
And it also works for category sales items that are normally at 65% off. As a raw result, the displayed price of the items will be roughly divided by 7 in the cart. For instance, an item at a discounted price of 2.99$ will be charged 0.42$

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D, you can have 70% off up to five items with the purchase of any 2 new releases (even PC+ cheap ones). The number of items is large and this stacks with the existing discount. You can get this way ~90% off items.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renderosity's entire store is 50% off until 11:59 PM CST Monday...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, the Renderotica Black Friday sales (some run until December)

Kinda wish I had checked this earlier. Miepe's store is 40% off for the rest of Today. So if you were looking at grabbing the Dicktator, etc. yeah you'll need to hurry!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz3D sale has a 'buy a new release, get these select items for $1 each' category. Might be worth a gander if there's some V4/M4 or earlier era stuff that you've had your eye on.

Also, the entire store is 50% off (or better for some items). The 20% off gift cards is 'meh' but if you are needing to recharge your store credit, it's better than nothing. 30% off memberships is also 'meh', I try to shoot for 50% off or better, but again if the math works out on the discounts, i.e. you are planning to buy a lot of DO/PC+ stuff ATM, well use your best judgement.

Not sure if we'll get anything particularly special tomorrow for Cyber Monday, the current offer looks like it 'set the bar', but we won't really know until tomorrow. If you are happy with today's sale, PC+ membership discount aside, it's not bad as far as Daz sales go.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Today's Daz3D sale has a 'buy a new release, get these select items for $1 each' category. Might be worth a gander if there's some V4/M4 or earlier era stuff that you've had your eye on.

Also, the entire store is 50% off (or better for some items). The 20% off gift cards is 'meh' but if you are needing to recharge your store credit, it's better than nothing. 30% off memberships is also 'meh', I try to shoot for 50% off or better, but again if the math works out on the discounts, i.e. you are planning to buy a lot of DO/PC+ stuff ATM, well use your best judgement.

Not sure if we'll get anything particularly special tomorrow for Cyber Monday, the current offer looks like it 'set the bar', but we won't really know until tomorrow. If you are happy with today's sale, PC+ membership discount aside, it's not bad as far as Daz sales go.
I'm hoping for a better deal tomorrow, my memory is foggy but I think Cyber Monday last year was better than Black Friday.

The real problem for us bargain hunters is that DAZ sales have apparently increased so much this year that the huge discounts of the past are not happening as often. I've seen members speculating in the DAZ forums that sales must have increased, but the PA Predatron confirmed exactly that in his personal blog.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm hoping for a better deal tomorrow, my memory is foggy but I think Cyber Monday last year was better than Black Friday.

The real problem for us bargain hunters is that DAZ sales have apparently increased so much this year that the huge discounts of the past are not happening as often. I've seen members speculating in the DAZ forums that sales must have increased, but the PA Predatron confirmed exactly that in his personal blog.
That's my observation as well. Personally I wish we had lower everyday prices to start with to offset the generally lower discounts these days, but it very much feels like 'price creep' to me. Thankfully in my case I tend to focus on Genesis 3 era stuff, and am not afraid to use earlier generations, so I've already grabbed most of what I've wanted in past sales, but yeah carts look more expensive to me these days. My rule of thumb is to divide the total price of the cart by the number of items in it to see what my 'average item' price is, and lately that number has been going up most of the time.

I know the higher prices are designed to take advantage of 'newbs' that might be willing or have need to pay the full retail price, but the whole 'wait for the awesome discount' game gets old after a while. I'd be good wth say 25% lower prices and correspondingly lower sales discounts, that way if I needed something right then I might be more willing to grab it, but as it stands some stuff has been in my wishlist for years now waiting on that 'killer sale' with an awesome discount, when I have the cash to spare...

To be fair, almost all of the stuff in my wishlist now is 'related to some freebie that I grabbed which requires the item on my wishlist' and 'well if it goes on sale for really cheap' kind of stuff, with some G8F stuff thrown in that I might want if the price is right...

Reactions: Boogie

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Checking the cyber monday sales today...

Daz3D has $3 interactive licenses added to their sale, but the $1 on older items offer is now gone.

Renderosity is still running the same sale I mentioned before (50% off entire store)

Renderotica has a few new sales:

Notably, Meipe's store is 45% off today (only), so if you've been waiting for another chance to own the Dicktator or Golden Palace gens, or some futa stuff or whatever...

Reactions: fried and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D, several interesting offers (much much more interesting than black friday IMHO).
A free g8 beard, a free G8 or G7 char (with a new item), 30% off the cart (includes gift cards w a new item), and 50-60% discounts on several selected items categories. By combining all of these, you can have Christian 8 pro or Gia7 pro, M6 pro, V6 pro and some other pro bundles for ~10$, and 90+% off on several generally undiscounted items.
Also 60% off on all PC+, which, combined with the global 30% off the cart, leads to really cheap items with up to 95% off.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today at daz3D, several interesting offers (much much more interesting than black friday IMHO).
A free g8 beard, a free G8 or G7 char (with a new item), 30% off the cart (includes gift cards w a new item), and 50-60% discounts on several selected items categories. By combining all of these, you can have Christian 8 pro or Gia7 pro, M6 pro, V6 pro and some other pro bundles for ~10$, and 90+% off on several generally undiscounted items.
Also 60% off on all PC+, which, combined with the global 30% off the cart, leads to really cheap items with up to 95% off.
Just a note. That '30% off' is a loyalty bonus, so some people may get lower than 30% off if they aren't 'particularly loyal' customers. The Loyalty discount will apply all month presumably, that's what happened last year.

Also, just questioning your math here. Are you actually seeing those discounts? When Daz discounts stack, you generally multiply the 'remainder' by say that 30% off, so if it's a 60% off item, you'll only see another 12% off (30% of 40%), or 72% off. And if the PC+ DO discount is also in play, that'd boost the discount to 80.4% off. Just wanted to point this out, for those that aren't familiar with Daz Store Math...

Not saying you are wrong here, just want to confirm the pricing discounts you are seeing in your cart, and how you got there (prereqs?). Also, note that for some discounts, there's the 'buy debut or still new release' prereq, so the cost of the prereq item also needs to be considered.

Anyways, there's a vendor over at Renderosity that is 70% off through Friday. His/her store consists mostly of superhero clothing items, so if you are looking for some 'off the shelf' costume pieces, it might be worth a looksee. I usually use supersuits with the material zones for this, but there are some cool looking helmets and such in the vendor's store.

Nothing in particular grabbing my attention at Renderotica ATM, here's the sales page again:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote