The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I had no problem with either coupons. Maybe it was a glitch. Also beware that coupons are case sensitive and that copy-paste frequently adds a space that invalidates the coupons.

One can also note a 20% off coupon at renderosity (but it does not stack with Hameleon discounts, despite the site claims).

And a 55% discount on Lilflame store that can stack with the 20% off coupon!

It is not that the HOLIDAY-SPECIAL coupon code did not work at all. Sometimes it worked partially (knocking a price down to $1.99), and sometimes it worked appropriately (knocking a price down to $1.49, which was the $1.99 discount plus my loyalty bonus of 25%). What I am saying is that the performance is erratic and inconsistent. As OhWee said earlier, there were a bunch of bundles that were originally in the offerings that got taken out (quickly I might add).

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
seamanq

I just saw $1.99 in my cart, loyalty discount wasn't applying to the $1.99. I probably should have waited to see if it might kick in later but, reasons...

amster22 already posted about the 24 days advent calender freebie dealie in the freebies thread. Fortunately, all of the days so far are still available, so for people late to the game, you can get the day 1-18 freebies (54 total)!
Here's the link again for convenience:

plutarco007

Jul 31, 2020
Hello, I would like to buy a PC + membership, I have seen that it has a 50% discount? I have questions.
can I buy it per month? because I see that it counts $ 70 a year. is it really profitable to have that membership? I would like to buy it each month separately, because there will be months that I will not have money to buy products so it would be a waste to have that subscription.
thx

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hello, I would like to buy a PC + membership, I have seen that it has a 50% discount? I have questions.
can I buy it per month? because I see that it counts $ 70 a year. is it really profitable to have that membership? I would like to buy it each month separately, because there will be months that I will not have money to buy products so it would be a waste to have that subscription.
thx
Keep in mind that there are freebies that come with Platinum Club plus, and the $6 off a Daz Original(s) coupon every month you can usually find stuff to grab, unless you've been shopping at Daz regularly for a while (I struggle a bit, library is huge at this point, but I can usually find something to use the coupon on). The $6 off of $18 monthly coupon is a bit harder to use, and requires you to spend money.

On top of that, the 30% off Daz Originals is a big deal, and there are sales that give PC+ members better deals every so often.

So in short, even at $35 it's very much worth it, and will pay for itself within the first 2-7 months depending on how often you end up shopping at the Daz store.

For the first year it's particularly worth it due to the fact that you are just starting to build your library, so there are a LOT of Daz Original items and such that you haven't bought yet, and a number of the Platinum Club Plus items, particularly a number of the older ones, are cheap!

That being said, there is a , but the 50% off only applies to the annual membership. So I'd highly recommend just splurging the extra $11 for the annual if you decide to grab it today.

The PC+ freebies, there are usually two freebies each week. Some are older items, others are newer. So 8+ freebies a month is kinda nice, and I usually find use for a number of them sooner or later...

Hope this helps!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Over at Renderosity, Maddelirium's store is 70% off until 11:59 PM Wednesday 12/23 Tennessee USA time...

Over at Daz, today's sale is essentially a repeat of yesterday's sale, with some new Debut New releases thrown in. See my post covering yesterday's sale a few posts above.

Carry on!
;)

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Over at Renderosity, Maddelirium's store is 70% off until 11:59 PM Wednesday 12/23 Tennessee USA time...

Over at Daz, today's sale is essentially a repeat of yesterday's sale, with some new Debut New releases thrown in. See my post covering yesterday's sale a few posts above.

Carry on!
;)
I don't know if it is intentional or just laziness on the part of the Daz3D team, but in the list of items that you can supposedly get for the discounted amount of $1.99 they included several very nice (and expensive) bundles that when you select them and jump through all the hoops end up not being included in the sale. Very offputting considering the time it takes to find the number of items one wants (either 5 or 10 depending on which deal is pursued). Each time this has happened, I dumped my entire cart because I don't have time to play those crappy games.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't know if it is intentional or just laziness on the part of the Daz3D team, but in the list of items that you can supposedly get for the discounted amount of $1.99 they included several very nice (and expensive) bundles that when you select them and jump through all the hoops end up not being included in the sale. Very offputting considering the time it takes to find the number of items one wants (either 5 or 10 depending on which deal is pursued). Each time this has happened, I dumped my entire cart because I don't have time to play those crappy games.
Agreed, been there done that a few times. Another way the Daz team gets me to dump my cart is when the moderators get overzealous about deleting my posts, which are relevant but may show Daz Studio in a less than flattering light. Daz does get my money still eventually, but at that point I just wait for killer sales, instead of jumping on the 'new release bandwagon' so they end up losing more of my money in the long run.

I've given up on posting in the Daz3D forum, or following the latests posts, for now, it just pisses me off sometimes...

I should note that for the $1.99 items, I highly recommend sorting price from high to low. There are a few bundles in there, thinking specifically of the Pretty Base bundle (for G3F) and some 'Toxic' bundle, and there was also a Collective 3D neighborhood houses bundle as I remember. I already have the Pretty base one so I didn't check it, but the 'Toxic' bundle worked.

The 'Pro' bundles that crept into the scrollbar yesterday but then disappeared were highly annoying though. I was ready to grab one of the G8F pro bundles, only to find out that it wasn't supposed to be part of the deal, and had no discount.... and was pulled from the scrollbar shortly afterwords...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Agreed, been there done that a few times. Another way the Daz team gets me to dump my cart is when the moderators get overzealous about deleting my posts, which are relevant but may show Daz Studio in a less than flattering light. Daz does get my money still eventually, but at that point I just wait for killer sales, instead of jumping on the 'new release bandwagon' so they end up losing more of my money in the long run.

I've given up on posting in the Daz3D forum, or following the latests posts, for now, it just pisses me off sometimes...

I should note that for the $1.99 items, I highly recommend sorting price from high to low. There are a few bundles in there, thinking specifically of the Pretty Base bundle (for G3F) and some 'Toxic' bundle, and there was also a Collective 3D neighborhood houses bundle as I remember. I already have the Pretty base one so I didn't check it, but the 'Toxic' bundle worked.

The 'Pro' bundles that crept into the scrollbar yesterday but then disappeared were highly annoying though. I was ready to grab one of the G8F pro bundles, only to find out that it wasn't supposed to be part of the deal, and had no discount.... and was pulled from the scrollbar shortly afterwords...
It is just lazy and sloppy. If I had done that when I was a product line manager, I would have been fired. I guess the people at Daz3D either don't know or don't care how this is taken by their user base. They get a lot less money from me as a result as well.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Doing the rounds today...

Over at Renderosity, it looks like Kaleya's store is 60% off. It's not 70% off, but the F95Zone World can always use more extreme monokinis...

ExtremeMonokini2.jpg

Maybe add a nun veil... :p

Seriously though, Kaleya does have a few cute and/or sexy outfits in the store, so it might be worth a look.

Other Renderosity deals here:

On the Daz3D.com front...

Looks like they are on a horror/dark side kick today with the 'Buy Debut/Still New to get these items for $1.99" deal, and a few other horror items are 70% off (today only, so loyalty discount supposedly doesn't apply here).

'Cuz you know that horror and Christmas go together apparently...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
'Cuz you know that horror and Christmas go together apparently...

Mebbe they are still horrified from Halloween happening during COVID-19 and the aftermath of the Thanksgiving holidays? SINGING: "When it comes to horror, I've got to have more-or I won't be contented all night ..." (extra credit for anyone who knows where that comes from without looking it up) <3

• Haha

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Like I said before about the monokini...

OK, now you are mixing kinks. The unconquerable nun and the scandalously kinky monokini .. really, don't you think that is going a bit far?

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, two days until the XMas day sales. As I remember from last year, there were a few...

Anyways, over at Renderosity, parts of Seven's store are 70% off, with lesser discounts on other items in the store. Seven has mostly about a 50/50 mix of Victoria 4 and Genesis 8 female characters, with a few other things thrown in.

There's also a new 20% off coupon ($5 minimum), which is good on most sales items. INTERESTINGLY, there is no limit on the number of uses on this one... good until 11:59 PM Sunday December 27th Tennessee Time...
Coupon code is:
CHRISTMAS2020P20B5

Other Renderosity deals here:

Make sure to grab your 3 per day 24 days of XMas Renderosity freebies. Some are older, but there's some interesting stuff mixed in there as well...

On the Daz3D.com front:
There's a gift card sale, with 15-25% off gift cards with qualifying purchases (debut and/or still new).
There's also an extra 20% off of one item coupon (excludes gift cards), the other deals look mostly to be 'more of the same' as far as the Holiday sales go. If anyone spots a particularly interesting deal, feel free to share!

I'm not seeing anything particularly interesting over at Renderotica, but here's the sales blog page if you want to take a look:

Reactions: Nottravis

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Meddy XXXMas!

On the Renderosity front, there's a 'group' sale with 50% off items, 60% of for Prime Members. It's almost all characters, but might be an interesting opportunity to add a few more faces to your Daz Studio library. Note the 20% off unlimited use coupon is still in effect...

Also, as as noted in the freebies thread, Renderosity's 24 days of Christmas has wrapped up, with 7 freebies on the last day (so that's a total of 76 freebies, including this car!):

ModernSportyCarRender-2.jpg

On the Daz Studio front, there's an 'up to 30% off Gift cards' with no prerequisites. 10% up to 100, 20% up to 300, 30% off gift cards over $300 (so $210.70 nets you $301 in gift card goodness). Might be good time to recharge your gift card balance. Remember to buy the gift card first (separately) so that you can benefit from transferring that discount to your purchases after you've added it to your store credit.

ALSO, there's a 20% off entire cart coupon, which doesn't apply to gift cards though. Placing the new freebie in my cart also seems to trigger the '50% off instead of 40% off' for the 600 PA stores that are in my cart ATM...

There's also a 'choose a freebie' category, with a (single use) coupon code, but you can just grab that one separately as there's no prereq.

The rest of the sale looks 'typical' for this sales cycle, but I did note a few pro bundles in another sales category, so if there's a pro bundle or two you've had your eye on, might be a good time to check to see if you like the deal, particularly with the extra 20% off cart coupon or if you are looking to fire off your Plat Club or Save 6 coupon...

Renderotica... I'm seeing maybe a couple of new 50% off holiday sales, might be worth a looksee depending on your tastes...

If anyone sees any special coupons on Facebook or something, feel free to give us a heads up!
;)

Reactions: amster22

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
A shout out for . I posted a week ago about highly discounted prices on annual memberships that stacked with the loyalty bonus and the THIRTY-TODAY coupon (no longer active). One of the only reasons I knew about that coupon is because I have Honey installed in my Chrome browser. Honey is a system that collects coupon codes, and automatically checks each of them against your cart to see if one of them will work. That is where the THIRTY-TODAY coupon came from. If you do a lot of online shopping in general (who isn't, these days), installing Honey may net you some nice savings across many sites, Daz3D included. Just another idea on how you can get sweet coupon savings when you don't have time to track every one down.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick (not so) mini rant:

It's frustrating as hell at times shopping at the Daz3D.com store. Case in point. So, when I click the 'show wishlist' check box, it doesn't show my wishlist items on a sale page. Sort by % off is gone now, I can't sort by item type (i.e. say if I want to just look at sets, not characters) on the sales pages, and today, it has the coupon from yesterday while it's technically a 'new' sale, so I just spent an hour trying to figure out which item I want for free, only to find out that the coupon code is invalid (same as the code from yesterday).​
Some of this functionality is tied in to the Daz Deals plugin, which was broken with the store update, and the guys who wrote the code for that have been trying to get it all working again, but I don't think the Daz sales team realizes just how a lot of people's patience has limits. Like how I'm on a page that has a bunch of stuff marked 'sale' when in fact it's the regular price (30% off Daz Originals, standard PC+ price).​
Sort by % off was a feature I used A LOT when shopping at the Daz store, as it helped me spot the really good deals. Sure, I still get the emails from Ati, but I don't check those as my email is having issues ATM (some genius at GoDaddy decided to 'offload' emails to Microsoft's servers, and we all know how Microsoft is sometimes...). The email issues aren't technically Daz3D's fault, but I haven't been getting emails from Daz3D for about two months now. Thank goodness that the gift card code for the gift card I grabbed yesterday showed up in my Daz account, or I would be screwed right now... Looking into an alternate webspace provider now...​
Anyways, back on point, the Daz3D store went to all of that trouble to create those new 'product type' icons, it sure would be nice to be able to use those categories to sort a sales or vendor pages for those items. I'm getting tired of weeding through textures and poses just to find sets and characters and clothing....​
Don't get me started on the coupon blocking (adding a coupon to a sale so that you have to choose between that coupon and your PC+ coupons), and the number of times I've tried to build my cart to use the $6 off of $18 PC+ coupon, or some other coupon only to find out that the coupon won't work despite there being no 'fine print' that says the coupon won't work...​
BTW, if anyone has any suggestions r.e. webspace providers, PM me. I liked GoDaddy until recently, but it's been going downhill with them lately, at least in my experience... the 'now hosting my emails on Microsoft.com via Outlook, said email service that I'm paying extra for btw' is a deal breaker for me. Tried it, not getting all of my emails, done with it!

*sigh*

Anyways, nothing new to report on the sales front. Today's Daz sale is a bit worse than the one yesterday, but it's a sale I suppose. Gift cards are still on sale btw. Not the best deal, but it's pretty good (30% if $301.00 or more) if you need to recharge your store credit.

If anyone else spots something today, feel free to post it up. I'm burned out on sales atm.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Quick (not so) mini rant:

It's frustrating as hell at times shopping at the Daz3D.com store. Case in point. So, when I click the 'show wishlist' check box, it doesn't show my wishlist items on a sale page. Sort by % off is gone now, I can't sort by item type (i.e. say if I want to just look at sets, not characters) on the sales pages, and today, it has the coupon from yesterday while it's technically a 'new' sale, so I just spent an hour trying to figure out which item I want for free, only to find out that the coupon code is invalid (same as the code from yesterday).​
Some of this functionality is tied in to the Daz Deals plugin, which was broken with the store update, and the guys who wrote the code for that have been trying to get it all working again, but I don't think the Daz sales team realizes just how a lot of people's patience has limits. Like how I'm on a page that has a bunch of stuff marked 'sale' when in fact it's the regular price (30% off Daz Originals, standard PC+ price).​
Sort by % off was a feature I used A LOT when shopping at the Daz store, as it helped me spot the really good deals. Sure, I still get the emails from Ati, but I don't check those as my email is having issues ATM (some genius at GoDaddy decided to 'offload' emails to Microsoft's servers, and we all know how Microsoft is sometimes...). The email issues aren't technically Daz3D's fault, but I haven't been getting emails from Daz3D for about two months now. Thank goodness that the gift card code for the gift card I grabbed yesterday showed up in my Daz account, or I would be screwed right now... Looking into an alternate webspace provider now...​
Anyways, back on point, the Daz3D store went to all of that trouble to create those new 'product type' icons, it sure would be nice to be able to use those categories to sort a sales or vendor pages for those items. I'm getting tired of weeding through textures and poses just to find sets and characters and clothing....​
Don't get me started on the coupon blocking (adding a coupon to a sale so that you have to choose between that coupon and your PC+ coupons), and the number of times I've tried to build my cart to use the $6 off of $18 PC+ coupon, or some other coupon only to find out that the coupon won't work despite there being no 'fine print' that says the coupon won't work...​
BTW, if anyone has any suggestions r.e. webspace providers, PM me. I liked GoDaddy until recently, but it's been going downhill with them lately, at least in my experience... the 'now hosting my emails on Microsoft.com via Outlook, said email service that I'm paying extra for btw' is a deal breaker for me. Tried it, not getting all of my emails, done with it!

*sigh*

Anyways, nothing new to report on the sales front. Today's Daz sale is a bit worse than the one yesterday, but it's a sale I suppose. Gift cards are still on sale btw. Not the best deal, but it's pretty good (30% if $301.00 or more) if you need to recharge your store credit.

If anyone else spots something today, feel free to post it up. I'm burned out on sales atm.
Your rant is heard loud and clear, and probably completely deserved. Sadly, I don't think anyone from the Daz3D team will hear it. You are absolutely correct about their crappy changes to the store and how their system works. I think sometimes organizations like that grow beyond their staff's capabilities, and fail to continue to invest in the level of people they need to keep such a large and cumbersome beast in control. Also, since Daz Deals is an outside service, they are in the position of having to "reverse engineer" someone else's published system, and I can tell you from experience, this is absolutely not pleasant or easy, as it can require poring through tons of code, and I don't know that the Daz Deals team is that large or well-funded. So, I think we gotta be patient on that one.

That being said, I have never ceased receiving ATI emails. At the moment all of my correspondence from F95zone goes through a free Microsoft Outlook account that I have held for over a decade. It seems to be pretty bulletproof, and I never miss getting the Daz Deal notifications. As far as commercial services go, if you are looking for a paid service, I have been with Dreamhost for over a decade (15 years, I think). While they are certainly not free (they run me about $35 a month), most of the time I have been with them I have been able to "resell" their services to other clients, thus, the cost of hosting the service has mostly been paid for with Other People's Money (always the best way). It is only since COVID-19 struck that one of my larger clients stopped paying (and may never recover), although I still have a few smaller clients that pick up a portion of the costs as I host email for them on an annual basis. Dreamhost is pretty responsive, and their tech support located in Los Angeles is pretty decent, although I have lost a few pounds when things got wonky from time to time, I would still give them a positive endorsement.

EDIT: Dreamhost hosts email, webspace, and SQL servers for me, though I pay a little premium for the SQL servers for more horsepower. If you pay annually (or larger chunks), you can reduce the monthly cost as well.

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
seamanq

So as to not clutter this thread, moving this to pm. It's most likely Microsoft's Outlook that is 'blocking' my emails from Daz3D.com btw... despite me not asking for that to happen, and I have no access to 'whitelisting' or 'blacklisting' features as GoDaddy is the go-between... I have an Outlook account but I don't have a full Outlook account... and I'm paying extra so you can understand why I'm pissed. 'Nuff said.

The reason I'm ranting here is because the Daz3D Forum moderators would just delete my post anyways. Past attempts by myself to send critiques to Customer Service have been 'blown off' with 'formletter' replies that don't show any serious desire to rectify the problem...

Anyways, yeah. Not ragging on the Ati guys at all, the fact that they are trying to reverse engineer the Daz website is an admirable effort, but it seems to me that the people designing Daz3D's website, rather than incorporating more features into the website, are actually trying to make it harder for Ati to do their thing. I'd rather the 'Ati' features were just built in to the Daz3D site. I get why maybe Daz3D might not like the 'price fluctuations over the last year' chart, but sort by % off, and show wishlist should just be built into the Daz3D website, and probably a couple of other checkboxes that Ati has implemented via the plugin in the past.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I completely agree with Oh wee and Seamanq remarks. Daz site is definitely a complete catastrophe and they have no consideration for their customers. This is true, even for small details. For instance, on the "product library" page, when you select a product and click on its image. it leads to a non existent page. I am certain that if a student generates a page with a link to a void target on a site supposed to be debugged and ready for production, he would not graduate. But, despite several posts on the forum and an easy fix (if you dont know how to get a correct link, just do not add a link to the image), this lasts for a couple a months.

Not completely true. If you buy 2 debut new releases, you get 10% of your cart and it can stack with the gift card discount, leading to up to 37% off a gift card.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
(snip)
If you buy 2 debut new releases, you get 10% of your cart and it can stack with the gift card discount, leading to up to 37% off a gift card.
Good to know. That means there's a buy in that you need to factor against the additional discount. I recharged yesterday, though, so no worries.

For others, though, this'll mean buying those new items at 'full price' as opposed to using your 'discounted' store credit, and if the price of those new items is over say $21 (on a $301 gift card) you end up losing out on the deal, unless you do want those new items to begin with.

Of course, if you don't want the new items, yeah it's still 30% off of $301+ (and then apply the 30% off to your subsequent cart purchases via store credit), but yeah we have nuances in play...

That 10% will help the rest of your cart as well of course. Not as good as the 20% off we had yesterday (hence my comment about this being a 'lesser' sale), but 10% is better than 0%...
The 20% off yesterday didn't include gift cards, according to the *disclaimer, I think I tried anyways and it didn't work but I'm not sure. I was agonizing over a lot of cart details yesterday...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote