The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I really hate blink sales... what did I miss this morning so far? What if I have to leave for 2 hours? Blah Blah... right now Tara World Adventurer bundle is in the cue, which is a very expensive bundle to begin with due to the number of items... will probably go away in about 20 minutes though as I type this... or an hour and 20 minutes, I really don't know...

Anyways, yeah, blink sales at Daz3D.com/shop. Keep on eye on the website, big discounts on the blink items, that are supposedly up for only 2 hours. And you get an extra 10% of your Holiday Loyalty discount when you include a debut new.

Oh, and there's a sleepytime bundle which may have orange banners for ya if you own part of it already. For me, I already own most of the bundle, and what's left doesn't particularly interest me, but it's worth a look maybe.

Renderosity, usual stuff going on. If you haven't grabbed the 24 days of christmas freebies yet (76 total), hurry!

Renderotica, not seeing anything new... same sales look like:

Feel free to call out any particularly interesting blink sales today, or stuff at other sites of course!
:sneaky:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I really hate blink sales... what did I miss this morning so far? What if I have to leave for 2 hours? Blah Blah... right now Tara World Adventurer bundle is in the cue, which is a very expensive bundle to begin with due to the number of items... will probably go away in about 20 minutes though as I type this... or an hour and 20 minutes, I really don't know...

Anyways, yeah, blink sales at Daz3D.com/shop. Keep on eye on the website, big discounts on the blink items, that are supposedly up for only 2 hours. And you get an extra 10% of your Holiday Loyalty discount when you include a debut new.

Oh, and there's a sleepytime bundle which may have orange banners for ya if you own part of it already. For me, I already own most of the bundle, and what's left doesn't particularly interest me, but it's worth a look maybe.
The logic behind "blink" sales is similar to the logic behind auctions. Create a sense of scarcity and losing out and get customers to pull the trigger. Only buy on these if you really want the item in question. Otherwise you get "played" into rushing to buy something that you otherwise might not have.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The logic behind "blink" sales is similar to the logic behind auctions. Create a sense of scarcity and losing out and get customers to pull the trigger. Only buy on these if you really want the item in question. Otherwise you get "played" into rushing to buy something that you otherwise might not have.
It also bears mention for the patient among us that the prices that are being seen in the "Blink" sales are not the lowest prices that these bundles have been seen at. Many of these bundles were seen at $4.99 last November, and if you are patient, it is likely that they could be seen at a similarly discounted price some time later in 2021. I would only grab one of these if (a) you have discounted gift card money to spend; or (2) you really want the items in the bundle and would end up buying them some other way anyway.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Over at Renderosity, Flink's store is up to 70% off until 11:59 PM CST 1/3/2021. It's mostly environmental prop stuff, but someone might find that stuff useful...

Also, the 50% off everything in your wishlist sale is going on now, until 11:59 PM CST 12/31/2020. So if there is anything in your Renderosity wishlist that is from a vendor that doesn't go on sale very often, it's a thought...

There's a few other vendors on sale as well. Note that the 50% off wishlist sale doesn't stack with the other sales.

Daz3D is still doing the blink sale thing...
It's been a different G8 pro bundle every two hours for the last couple of days. seamanq already expressed some thoughts about those sales...

Nothing else particularly exciting that I know about.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It's been a different G8 pro bundle every two hours for the last couple of days. seamanq already expressed some thoughts about those sales...
I didn't do it, nobody saw me, nobody can prove a thing! (channeling my best Bart Simpson voice).

• Thinking Face

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It appears that the blinking is over and they are back to the Holiday Loyalty Sale ... dammit, I spoke too soon. They took a short break and are back with the Brute 8 Bundle sale. It's still as uncompelling as the previous sales. I was kinda semi- sorta tempted by one of the "recent top sellers" offerings of the Indiana bundle for $17.98 after discounts (including my 25% Loyalty Bonus), but after considering it, and after noting that the product had dropped as low as $4.99 in November, I wasn't quite as motivated.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Over at Renderosity, Flink's store is up to 70% off until 11:59 PM CST 1/3/2021. It's mostly environmental prop stuff, but someone might find that stuff useful...

Also, the 50% off everything in your wishlist sale is going on now, until 11:59 PM CST 12/31/2020. So if there is anything in your Renderosity wishlist that is from a vendor that doesn't go on sale very often, it's a thought...

There's a few other vendors on sale as well. Note that the 50% off wishlist sale doesn't stack with the other sales.

Nothing else particularly exciting that I know about.
Renderosity seems to have a shop-wide sale, almost everything is at least 50% off, this includes new stuff as well.
I noticed this because my is on sale too and I did not set that up lol.
The sale ends on december 31. so grab what you can and don't just look at your wishlist stuff.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
In fact, tha announce states
It's the end of the year.. time to fullfil old wishes before new ones come in! ALL of the items on YOUR wishlist, your friend’s wishlist and any other member are on sale at 50% OFF!

Everybody's Wishlist products will be at 50% off for everyone!
If you can wish for it… you can buy it and enjoy right away at half the price!
So a product is on sale if it is in anybody wishlist (but I suspect, they just put anything on sale as very old products are also discounted).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In fact, tha announce states

So a product is on sale if it is in anybody wishlist (but I suspect, they just put anything on sale as very old products are also discounted).
The first time I saw that sale, I was able to add stuff to my wishlist, then come back later and get the discount, but I haven't tried that the last few times. Kind of pointless to call it a 'wishlist' sale if the entire store is on sale. Anyways, whatever works...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz holiday sales are a catch-up sale with two particular items of note.

The blink bundle sale, if I'm understanding the text correctly, will be adding new bundles to the list every two hours. ATM I'm seeing 3 pro G8 bundles (that I already own), so if there's a G8 pro or other bundle that you need, it might pay to keep an eye on that sale as the day progresses to see if the list keeps growing in length. Hopefully, they don't rotate anything out, at which point you should have a rather long list of pro bundles to choose from by the end of the day. OF COURSE, as noted there might be a better deal later, but if you need something now...

Edit: BASTARDS! 2 AM Daz time, and they swapped out 3 bundles for 3 other bundles. So check every two hours maybe if you REALLY need a particular G8 pro bundle right now for 70% off or more... not the absolute best deal as noted above, but if you need it right now...

Secondly, as Amster noted a couple of days ago, the buy two new releases to get an extra 10% offf your cart. Gift cards are NOT excluded from this, and there's a 10/20/30% off gift card sale, so if two of the new releases interest you it's an opportunity to get 37% off of a gift card that's $301 or more, as long as you pay 'full debut sales price' on the 2 prereq debut new releases. Again, nuanced... ($21 in new items sorta kinda end up being 'free on a $301 gift card at 30% off due to the extra 10% off, if you buy a larger gift card this 'offset' increases, but if you wanted the two debut new items anyways...)

O course, if you already banked a bunch of store credit when Amster suggested earlier, no worries on the gift card part...

The question then becomes 'do I use store credit on the bundles or buy the gift card first, then maybe buy 2 more debut new to get an extra 10% off the bundles with the '37% off store credit'... That'd be four debut new you'd have to consider (two separate orders), and there's only 10 to choose from, which aren't particularly cheap... some cute characters though!

The 'still new' list is vast atm, and it looks like most/all vendors are also on sale. Stupid wishlist checkbox item (from Daz Deals) isn't working in at least one sales category for me (22 pages at 120 items a page), ugh...

Anyways, yeah probably worth a look today.

Edit: now if you will excuse me, I'm off to play some more Warlords III: Darlklords Rising on my laptop here, an older game that was added fairly recently to GOG, on sale for cheap ($2.99 during xmas sale)!

Last edited:

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
OhWee
you know im just a noob...
So this is maybe a stupid question again...
You told me about the new Graphic cards...
If Daz needs cuda cores,would be the newest Nvidia A100/64GB (non consumer GraKa) the best for rendering?
I know this card kosts 4,5k USD!
And i`ll never be able to buy this card...
I just wanna understand how rendering works ;)
sry ,english isnt my native language

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
DarkOs31

The bigger issue is how much memory is onboard, then which generation of card. THEN the number of CUDA cores.

We supposedly have some 12-16 GB RTX 30 series cards coming down the pike early next year (2021), these seem like they'd be the best bang for the buck. I'd wait for those, assuming you can grab one before the scalpers and crypto miners do...

No sense paying thousands of dollars on a 'pro' card when a 'Ti' card with decent amounts of memory is right around the corner. And the 3080 with 10 GB of VRAM is a very good deal (if you can find one at MSRP, good luck with that). 10GB of VRAM is a very workable number for most Daz Studio Iray scenes, unless you have a lot of characters or a lot going on with models/sets/props in the background...

Just don't feed the scalpers if you can avoid it!

• Love
Reactions: DarkOs31

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I´m actually selling my 2x gtx 1070 and 2x 2080ti cuz the market is actually insane...
250-300 EUR for a gtx 1070,and 1000,- EUR per rtx 2080ti...
like i said its insane...
just wanted to know if the PRO/Cards are the best for DAZ...
the A100/64GB costs 4500§ and i´ll never buy it...
btw. if you are from germany you must watch @ notebooksbilliger.de they are the only seller in germany for founders edition ...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
250-300 EUR for a gtx 1070,and 1000,- EUR per rtx 2080ti...
My old 1070 is at 700€ price on amazon lol
just wanted to know if the PRO/Cards are the best for DAZ...
Yes they are, they're specifically made for that kind of purpose, but as OhWee said, it's really not worth it, the push you get over 3080, 3090 is not worth the insane extra cost.

Reactions: DarkOs31

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
My old 1070 is at 700€ price on amazon lol

Yes they are, they're specifically made for that kind of purpose, but as OhWee said, it's really not worth it, the push you get over 3080, 3090 is not worth the insane extra cost.
damn i MUST offer my 2 gtx strix 1070 too,if its 700,- lol :D

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I do not know how daz does its computations, but present pro bundles are insanely discounted. With a unique debut item, silas pro or christian pro are at 94% off and tara at 92% (and with another debut, you gain an extra 10%)...
Probablly a glitch because yesterday pro bundle were 3x more expensive. So be fast.

plutarco007

Jul 31, 2020
Hi guys, shouldn't the name of the coupon appear here to apply the discount? I remember that in a similar offer the name of the coupon was "CHRISTMAS OFFER" or something like that.
thanks

Screenshot_1.png

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Daz has sometimes coupon based discounts, mostly if the offer is supposed to be used only once.
But most of the times, you dont need coupons; The discount is applied on the cart.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote