4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
For example. imagine if Melody starts having issues with her new Producer or his company and it turns out - I don't know - Hank (or someone else she needs to rely upon) is her father?
Would they know? I mean, Mel have no clue about her real Father, and the real Father either. Mel's mom was still pregnant when he disappeared (right?), so the "father" just knows that he made a child, but nothing more.

I'd think the only reason such suspicions might be floating is to allow for more intrigue in the coupling of Melody and MC. But, they pretty explicitly said nothing weird happened and MrDots' plots don't tend to use misdirection as a an explicit plot device, so I am figuring the main reason for bringing this up was to offer context for a future tie-in+complication with the actual father (who will not be MC).
Some people just want to have a father/daughter scenario in this game too. (imho)

I wasn't seriously suggesting, folks. I would've thought the bit about having "watched too many soaps" made that obvious.
Oh, c'mon mate, don't be this now. ;) we're just talking! :)(y)

Reactions: pim0 and fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Would they know? I mean, Mel have no clue about her real Father, and the real Father either. Mel's mom was still pregnant when he disappeared (right?), so the "father" just knows that he made a child, but nothing more.
Sorry, I meant to imply that it would be something with an appropriate reveal for dramatic purposes and all - you know, something which gradually becomes evident to the player (and then the characters), looking to possibly cause more stress/conflict in the future if we want Melody to be happy and successful, etc.

So, it could be Hank as one example: but, neither of them seem to know that right now. Maybe future events start to tick some checkboxes in his head, perhaps Bethany's shenanigans cause this knowledge to be laid bare or maybe ideas get into Amy's head too (as she learns of Melody's progress) and eventually we find out that it's likely he's the long-lost father. Then we get his side of the story and see what happens because of this reveal.

It was just a thought - I don't know why MrDots would put out such a point without it being something we should keep in mind.

Some people just want to have a father/daughter scenario in this game too. (imho)
Yeah, I'm not discounting that - it's just, as you even offered above, that's unlikely for this game. But, people can dream all they like, no harm in that ...

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Sorry, I meant to imply that it would be something with an appropriate reveal for dramatic purposes and all - you know, something which gradually becomes evident to the player (and then the characters), looking to possibly cause more stress/conflict in the future if we want Melody to be happy and successful, etc.

So, it could be Hank as one example: but, neither of them seem to know that right now. Maybe future events start to tick some checkboxes in his head, maybe Amy's head too (as she learns of Melody's progress) and eventually we find out that it's likely he's the long-lost father. Then we get his side of the story and see what happens because of this reveal.

It was just a thought - I don't know why MrDots would put out such a point without it being something we should keep in mind.

Yeah, I'm not discounting that - it's just, as you even offered above, that's unlikely for this game. But, people can dream all they like, no harm in that ...
Well, could be True. :unsure:;)

Oh, no! I don't wanna harm anyone, maybe my lack of english skills made me sound a bit harsh...:whistle:

I love to dream too.(y)

Reactions: fried

Nick Bruno

Oct 2, 2018
is there anyway i could get someone's save file at the end of 0.7 on mobile, all my save files got corrupted? preferably with max points.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017

So, it could be Hank as one example: but, neither of them seem to know that right now. Maybe future events start to tick some checkboxes in his head, perhaps Bethany's shenanigans cause this knowledge to be laid bare or maybe ideas get into Amy's head too (as she learns of Melody's progress) and eventually we find out that it's likely he's the long-lost father. Then we get his side of the story and see what happens because of this reveal.

Oh dear.
I'm sweating.

Good thing I have time until April to dry up again.

desperate.jpg

Reactions: pim0

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah you're looking at it from the story point of view which I agree with. I'm looking at it from a Patreon hunting Dots down for inserting content from a Patreon hosted VN into one that Patreon wants no affiliation with. Why I said it's probably best if @Jeff Steel knows anything about that if he or someone from the Dots team could clarify just in case there's a shitstorm (Who owns the IP under Patreon rules etc). There shouldn't be an issue but knowing Patreon, who knows?
There already has been slight crossovers. I doubt the Patron police are following Melody so closely - or - if they are - care about a crossover as long as Melody does not have incest. (Hopefully that isn’t hopeful thinking - lol)

Reactions: fried

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Is anyone else getting a sneaking suspicion that Melody's mom lied to her about her father? That, maybe, she never told the fellow musician she had a one-night stand with that she got pregnant? That, in a big "Fuck-Off!" to Patreon, our friendly neighborhood Musicman might end-up being Melody's long-lost pappy?

Yeah, yeah, I know - not gonna happen. I guess I just watched too many soaps in my youth...
There's one big problem with the MC being her father. The ages are wrong.

Melody is 19. Her mother got knocked up in college, so Melissa would be at least 37 now.
Izzy is 26, and went to school with the MC, putting his max age at 30. They couldn't have been in college together. Unless she trolled the local middle schools for some 11 year old wang.

MichaDD

Jul 12, 2017
Hmm weird. I think the patch should fix it. But nothing. Still the same info Virgin/Single. I even started a new game. Then I wait for v0.0.9

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes