4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

michi04

May 14, 2018
Probably gonna have to wait for a bugfix from Dots

A lot of people are reporting they broke up with Amy in the dinner date and even tried locking Amy but they're still on the Amy route and still get the Garage Scene.
Thanks for the answer, the game rested until it continues

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That scene with Hank did make him look incredibly incompetent. I may be mistaken on this it has been a few years since my time studying law, he breached the data protection act which would come with a very hefty fine and he could wave goodbye to his career.

Without MC's express permission he should not have released any information at all other than "there's the door, fuck off through it".

In fact, I know this works for most employment contracts, but giving out any information is also a breach of contract which would give the MC grounds to sue and as this could beheavily played upon to be the cause of emotional stress and damages from being harassed by an ex he could claim thousands.

At the very least Hank would be dropped by all his clients because even if it isn't a breach of contract it is an extreme breach of trust and who's going to want to work with someone that hands over information to any old stalker as long as they have a bit of background knowledge which anyone with access to Google can find.

As it's a game most people will overlook it but it's hard to overlook something that makes someone look so spectacularly stupid. Especially when that someone is supposed to be good at what they do.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe if you READ!! here i'll help

See what happens when you actually take the time to READ! and it was exactly the SAME PROBLEM!
So explain how if someone got it working (actually 2 of us confirmed so far) and the rest haven't it means is a bug?... exactly you can't answer it but I'll gladly tell you why.
Is not a "BUG" in the contex of what a bug really is, It's a side effect of new content which they let you know in advance and means someone took the time to REALLY READ and not just GLANCE in a hurry and follow the steps and if you did the same we would not be having this conversation! ;)
I do not understand you. Everything just worked for me from the very beginning. And this I wrote about the need to read everything carefully. I didn’t assume at all that I need to explain how to use the theme (WALKTHROUGH and changes should be read by everyone without fail before the start of the game).
They wrote to me that I was completely wrong, but if everything works for me, then why am I wrong. I admit the presence of bugs.
Topic created to share views. I wrote what helped me. If this did not help someone, let him read other comments.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry, my fix was still faulty, I updated my previous post and replaced the attachment there: https://f95zone.to/threads/melody-v0-0-9-extras-mrdots-games.10668/post-1852023

@BadFox1 , @Spiderfox , @D-R , @LeftyPR

I do not understand you. Everything just worked for me from the very beginning. And this I wrote about the need to read everything carefully. I didn’t assume at all that I need to explain how to use the theme (WALKTHROUGH and changes should be read by everyone without fail before the start of the game).
They wrote to me that I was completely wrong, but if everything works for me, then why am I wrong. I admit the presence of bugs.
Topic created to share views. I wrote what helped me. If this did not help someone, let him read other comments.
Ric, It may have worked for you on your path, but there are obvious logical errors in the code and the game on some other paths than yours just simply can not work, whatever the walktrough says. The game just does not follow the walkthrough because of some logical errors left in the code. At least the game I downloaded from the Mega link in the OP 23 hours ago has those errors.
Unless you have some newer fixed version, those errors are still in there.

Apr 16, 2019
Not to mention that 3 lines of Melody's thoughts before the studio sex scene have been mistakenly assigned to mc.
About this, Ive noticed that on the previous build (Im playing the 0.0.8 for a few days now, downloading 0.0.9 still) there were other times this happened.

One scene is on the Jazz club, when the MC makes an oral quizz with Melody, when hes explaining the last answer a couple lines were assignet to her instead.

There was another time (IIRC during the cinema scene) where there are a couple lines swiched between them too.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
Lmao!! that was not for you Ric it was for Al.d the first quoted person, I quoted you as a reference/example as with you 2 of us having a working game because we actually read !! Honestly sorry for the misunderstanding man!! :D my bad!!

Reactions: Ric

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
That scene with Hank did make him look incredibly incompetent. I may be mistaken on this it has been a few years since my time studying law, he breached the data protection act which would come with a very hefty fine and he could wave goodbye to his career.

Without MC's express permission he should not have released any information at all other than "there's the door, fuck off through it".

In fact, I know this works for most employment contracts, but giving out any information is also a breach of contract which would give the MC grounds to sue and as this could beheavily played upon to be the cause of emotional stress and damages from being harassed by an ex he could claim thousands.

At the very least Hank would be dropped by all his clients because even if it isn't a breach of contract it is an extreme breach of trust and who's going to want to work with someone that hands over information to any old stalker as long as they have a bit of background knowledge which anyone with access to Google can find.

As it's a game most people will overlook it but it's hard to overlook something that makes someone look so spectacularly stupid. Especially when that someone is supposed to be good at what they do.
You would think he would at least shoot his client a text to verify the persons story... I know its just to move the plot of the Ex along but damn...

Reactions: Avaron1974

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
Ric, It may have worked for you on your path, but there are obvious logical errors in the code and the game on some other paths than yours just simply can not work, whatever the walktrough says. The game just does not follow the walkthrough because of some logical errors left in the code. At least the game I downloaded from the Mega link in the OP 23 hours ago has those errors.
Unless you have some newer fixed version, those errors are still in there.
I know that there are bugs and that not all games work well. And the last thing I want is to argue or object to you. I wrote that some of the problems can be closed if read, and some can be closed by fixes of bugs. You are doing a good job working on fixing bugs. And I have nothing to say except thanks.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
About this, Ive noticed that on the previous build (Im playing the 0.0.8 for a few days now, downloading 0.0.9 still) there were other times this happened.

One scene is on the Jazz club, when the MC makes an oral quizz with Melody, when hes explaining the last answer a couple lines were assignet to her instead.

There was another time (IIRC during the cinema scene) where there are a couple lines swiched between them too.
I know, I've seen those mistakes before and possibly some of them are still unfixed. But I'm not in any way associated with MrDots or his projects and fixing the whole game is just a bit too much work for me :)

I just made a partial unofficial fix of some bugs and logical errors that I stumbled upon while playing the latest part, week 10 of the game on the path I'm following. I hope this helps some of you until an official fix gets published.

I don't have time to go through all paths even in this week 10 script, so there are possibly more errors still in that fixed script on some other paths. Sorry, but this is all I can do.

Apr 16, 2019
I know, I've seen those mistakes before and possibly some of them are still unfixed. But I'm not in any way associated with MrDots or his projects and fixing the whole game is just a bit too much work for me :)

I just made a partial unofficial fix of some bugs and logical errors that I stumbled upon while playing the latest part, week 10 of the game on the path I'm following. I hope this helps some of you until an official fix gets published.

I don't have time to go through all paths even in this week 10 script, so there are possibly more errors still in that fixed script on some other paths. Sorry, but this is all I can do.
No worries, was just pointing it out. I know there are better places/ways to post this kind of thing so the dev sees and maybe fixes on future updates, but Im more focused on having my first playthrough first and then when I work on other paths, replaying the whole game two or three times, I can take better note of those things an make a proper list.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Does the dinner date still happen with Mel and Amy if you do this patch? Even if Amy is not a LI.
I fixed only the "wrong jump" from behind Mel's front door to the after dinner scene with Amy on the parking lot that should not happen at all.

Dinner date happens only if relationship with Amy is unlocked, but it will end the game if Melody is also the GF. Exactly as the walkthrough says. If relationship with Amy is locked, there will be no dinner date (also no dinner whatsoever, so the MC goes to bed with an empty stomach ;) )

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Thx!
I love making this for most of the games I play!
I do it too to give good wishes or to revive the threads a little when are "dead" ;)! Specially when there are days like Easter , Christmas etc... ;)

novamarauder

Oct 3, 2018
Another excellent update with lots of good stuff. I only really wish the authors would provide us a button to toggle Sophia's and Xianne's g-g relationship on and off, the way you can lock and unlock the girls' relationship with the MC, since it seems this variable controls whether Xianne can have a casual relationship with the MC, and whether she will join the harem ending. I totally wish to get that Melody-Sophia-Xianne harem ending (apparently as much happy polyamory as you can get in this game at this point), which seems to require Xianne to be in a relationship with Sophia, but I am not prepared to lose all the sexy fun between the MC and Xianne in the meanwhile. Keeping two separate sets of saves since the Xianna-Sophia crossroads is annoying. To me the harem endings in Mr.Dots games feel like the by far happiest ones, since most love interests are written to have excellent romantic/sexual/friendship chemistry with the MC and each other, and it seems like the college BFF trio is as much as you get of that in this game. The other girls seem bound to drop out like flies in amicable breakups made inevitable by job committments (just waiting for Izzy to follow the pattern in the next update or so). As much as I hugely like Melody as a character and her arc, I am largely indifferent to the supposed superior romantic quotient of her exclusive route (although it seems plain the relationship with the MC is her by far happiest ending in this life) and I have been ruthlessly toggling variables to get her bonus scenes in an harem playthrough. I am so eager to see more about Sophia pulling strings to fufill the threesome/foursome scenario with the MC and her BFF, and Melody carving more steps in her rise to superstardom with the MC propping her up. Also hoping we see much more of Melody and the MC performing together and he ends being her main guitarist, not just her manager, lover, and best male friend.

Reactions: dbp5ca

Pedrocas77

Aug 19, 2017
Cant dowload the walkthrought.
"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Maybe if you READ!! here i'll help

See what happens when you actually take the time to READ! and it was exactly the SAME PROBLEM!
So explain how if someone got it working (actually 2 of us confirmed so far) and the rest haven't it means is a bug?... exactly you can't answer it but I'll gladly tell you why.
Is not a "BUG" in the contex of what a bug really is, It's a side effect of new content which they let you know in advance and means someone took the time to REALLY READ and not just GLANCE in a hurry and follow the steps and if you did the same we would not be having this conversation! ;)
Here, I will help you READ too. This is a direct quote from page 393 of this very thread :

There was a message from one of MrDots' writers on the fan discord channel about this.
So he's been made aware of the Amy car scene, and the lines about Xianne when you call her (even if you're not on her path). (y)
Whether you or any other user had no problems is irrelevant. The update has bugs.

Reactions: Spiderfox

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Yeah it was kinda of mehh....but it did ring an alarm for Hank but since she knew so much personal stuff of Mc's history and life i think that's why he kinda of oversaw it or at least that's what i think the writer was also thinking as to allow her in the picture in a sort of mostly believable way. but i could be wrong.
To be fair he did have the flu :)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Cant dowload the walkthrought.
"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."
Are you talking about the Google Drive link? It still opens for me without any problems.

Correction - downloading actually isn't working, you're right. I had the online view cached in the browser, I guess.
I managed to save it as PDF and attached here

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes