Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Brothel Sim RPG]

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm glad to announce that the early PC demo is now available to Patreon backers at the Guild Member level and above. You can find my Patreon here:

This is a demo from a very early stage in development, so please forgive a little bit of roughness and the occasional bug (especially as I have implemented a few last minute changes).

I will also be releasing a short guide to demo after release. The demo has an average playtime of about 30 minutes, but it is relatively dense with many options available to the player, and some things could be missed.

Some things that I will be working on for the next iteration of the demo:

• Dynamic lighting
  • A better combat sprite for the player character
  • Guild house management elements
  • Blood Pits (combat arenas)
  • Faction missions
  • Ability to summon companions to your room (after certain requirements are met)
  • And of course, more content

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
I am definitely interested in seeing this in action (please please make a demo as I own so many games I stopped buying without trying a demo). I see now after a quick scroll you have a patreon demo... awesome :) Disappointed that it is limited to $5 backers won't pay $5 for a demo access :/ (even a 1 month subscription) but having access to a short demo might make me want to subscribe on a semi permanent basis in the hopes of increasing production speed should I find the game looks good and assuming I end up with a copy of the game after it's finished if I do a $5 sub (your patreon doesn't confirm that but it does say access updates so release would bean update).
Given a choice between 2d animation and pixel animation I won't buy a game with pixel animation and those pics I see on steam look HAWT :D
PS.... added it to my steam wiishlist to track the release.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Public demo's almost ready, just need to go live on Itch.io and wait for Steam's review process to complete. Have no idea how to actually post it on f95zone outside of this thread though.... how do the Games forums work? I assume I can't post it there myself.

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Have no idea how to actually post it on f95zone outside of this thread though.... how do the Games forums work? I assume I can't post it there myself.
You can create a thread in Game Requests with the thread template and it can be moved to Games by one of us. The template for the game is below if you want to use it. Just add images/links and replace the version for both title and thread, date, genres and changelog with the public release.

Thread title: Memoirs of a Battle Brothel [Demo] [A Memory of Eternity]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyranicon

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
You can create a thread in Game Requests with the thread template and it can be moved to Games by one of us. The template for the game is below if you want to use it. Just add images/links and replace the version for both title and thread, date, genres and changelog with the public release.

Thanks, I'll make a post once the Steam demo passes review. For now, in case anyone's interested, here's an itchio link:

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019

Thanks again for the awesome and comprehensive template. I've posted it to the request forum here: https://f95zone.to/threads/memoirs-of-a-battle-brothel-demo-a-memory-of-eternity.47258/

Hopefully I didn't fuck anything up too bad.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Have you used Cruncher to compress png files? The quality difference is not very noticeable and I've managed to compress file size from 2-3gb to 700mb. Very helpful especially for making mobile ports where size matters.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Have you used Cruncher to compress png files? The quality difference is not very noticeable and I've managed to compress file size from 2-3gb to 700mb. Very helpful especially for making mobile ports where size matters.
Thanks, I haven't heard of that tool. I'll try it out.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Thanks, I haven't heard of that tool. I'll try it out.
It converts exported games files into .webp and renames them to .png so that game could show them. You can edit the quality in .bat file (i think it was bat) by opening with notepad++ etc. I'm not sure but 100% is a little buggy? ~90% is good enough for me and it saves a lot of space. Well try it out, see how it works for you.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Just some shameless promotion for the latest demo download links and the ongoing kickstarter:

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
Just some shameless promotion for the latest demo download links and the ongoing kickstarter:
I'm glad I have an opportunity to back this project, it looks exactly like a game I want to play.

I have to ask if a digital download is the useful on steam? I mean I want the game but I would rather have a steam key than just a digital download.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
I'm glad I have an opportunity to back this project, it looks exactly like a game I want to play.

I have to ask if a digital download is the useful on steam? I mean I want the game but I would rather have a steam key than just a digital download.
Thanks for backing! Yup a digital download means you get a Steam key.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Tyranicon

Saw your game on the 'Dex (we lurk there from time to time), you've come a long way! It's incredible what you've managed to achieve with the base engine. Do you do any coding yourself, or is it mainly via plugins? Because your combat looks mighty impressive! Our writer is a huge BattleBros nerd, and he's super hyped for your game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenMan1

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Tyranicon

Saw your game on the 'Dex (we lurk there from time to time), you've come a long way! It's incredible what you've managed to achieve with the base engine. Do you do any coding yourself, or is it mainly via plugins? Because your combat looks mighty impressive! Our writer is a huge BattleBros nerd, and he's super hyped for your game.
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't update on the forums much, I should probably try to be more active.

There's some custom coding, but I'm not the best at javascript, so it's mostly 90% plugins. The main plugin I use for the grid-based battle system is called LeTBS, although it's no longer supported by its dev and is almost unusable out of the box sadly. Still, if you know JS and don't mind digging through it a bit (there is some support on the RPGM main forums), it might be worth a look.